Players Don't Care About Uniforms?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Its also gives the feeling that we are a big-time program. Most big progams have multiple uniform combinations to wear(except for the very few old-school traditional schools with historys to match). So while no recruit ever came here because of unforms the fact that we had many unform combinations was a sign we are a major football school and that definately helps.

Love the old school helmets and want the jersey to accompany it. Just wish we would add more to the closet.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I have a question.........did Nike provide these different combos for free based on the contract?
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Yeah, unis are important and players care how they look. But I guarantee you none of them care what they have on if they're losing games every week. Let's get some W's on the board, then worry about uniforms and helmets and players choosing us over any other school because of those things.

First things first.

GO POKES!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

wellpoke wrote:Yeah, unis are important and players care how they look. But I guarantee you none of them care what they have on if they're losing games every week. Let's get some W's on the board, then worry about uniforms and helmets and players choosing us over any other school because of those things.

First things first.

GO POKES!
Best post yet on this subject.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I would note two things about Bohl and uniforms:

(1) At NDSU, Nike was their uniform sponsor. The unis were understated and more traditional - but generally classy (as classy as you can get with green and yellow). If he does that here, I am good to go; and
(2) At NDSU, Bohl was able to get a lot of great recruits and win against mid to top tier FBS schools and against all FCS schools on his way to 3 national championships. If he is able to do that - either because of or in spite of our uniforms - I am also good to go.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows how to balance focus on the field with swag and looking good. I guarantee that he has no intention of making players look like fools...he knows they are the lifeline for his job and program and will track accordingly. Think Rusty Griswold on the Eiffel Tower with Clark talking about how berets make him feel stupid.

I like the brown matte helmets, but will happily do without them if it means we are beating CSU and BSU like a drum on Saturday. Remember, Craig Bohl is a guy that has a great sense of style anyway (linky)...and a wife that seems to as well:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/sport ... d=all&_r=0
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

BJC wrote:did they sell off all the other unis?
Not sure about some of them...but the Camo are still for sale I believe. $45.00. Call the curmudgeon at 307-766-2262, or you can e mail him at [email protected].
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

MADDOGG'S email address......oh my!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Having a unique uniform is very important. Picture a potential young recruit flipping through television looking for a game on tv. He spots what he considers a pretty sweet uniform on the screen, decides to watch the game and this uniform potentially sticks in his mind for years. When the recruiters come around he remembers that first moment when he visually associated himself with that uniform and the team. It does make a difference, however slight. It's how companies use commercials to visually associate your mind to their brand.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I would be fine with Brown and Gold but I'm sick of white, It's like most of the time we wear white trimmed in Brown & Gold. I'd rather we wear Brown & Gold and if there has to be white it can be trimming or something else.

This

This

Or this with a Gold or Brown lid and I would be fine and I think the students like color over white.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I hate numbers on the side of the helmets.

BTW, I like white on the jerseys AND helmets. At least with white I can see Steamboat during games easier!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
hithere
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Not sure about some of them...but the Camo are still for sale I believe. $45.00. Call the curmudgeon at 307-766-2262, or you can e mail him at [email protected].
MAD DOG is the poop. What I wouldn't give to see his reactions perusing a thread like this about uniforms.

Oh my.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

was just thinking that.............great guy although he always tried to have a rough exterior :thumb:
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

BJC wrote:was just thinking that.............great guy although he always tried to have a rough exterior :thumb:

He's a teddy bear on the inside. Break through the shell and he's a great person.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Hithere, sarcastic avi? Or a fan?
W-Y, Until I Die!
hithere
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:Hithere, sarcastic avi? Or a fan?
No sarcasm intended. I'm a fan of Katt Williams and MAD DOG.

They're both the sheeit.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Isn't your avi Taylor Haynes?
W-Y, Until I Die!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:Uniforms are huge to players. Ask any current or former player about their "Swag" and see what response you get. Most all of your on this board have no idea just how important looking good is to them.
If looking swag is all that matters, maybe Wyoming should change their school colors to a more swag color scheme.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Uniforms are huge to players. Ask any current or former player about their "Swag" and see what response you get. Most all of your on this board have no idea just how important looking good is to them.
If looking swag is all that matters, maybe Wyoming should change their school colors to a more swag color scheme.
What? And just become another one of the 44 teams that uses a variation of red, or one of the 43 teams tha uses a variation of Blue, or maybe one of 13 others that use Black as it's main color, maybe one of the 11 that use a green variation, or one of the 8 that use Orange, maybe one of the 6 that currently use Purple. Or we can be one of only two that use Brown as a main color. And the only one that is BROWN and GOLD!

By the way the only other two schools to use brown... Western Mich and BGSU as a highlight.

In all actuality there are only 7 teams that are unique in color scheme.
1. WYO
2. Virg Tech- Maroon and Orange
3. LSU- Yellow and Purple
4. W. Mich- Brown and Black
5. KSU- Purple and silver
6. Clemson- Orange and purple
7. BGSU- Orange and Brown

I'd say that makes us special and gives us our own Swag.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

What I think when I hear brown and goldImage
W-Y, Until I Die!