Tevis Bartlett Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Harsh, I know.

With all due respect, man, not really harsh at all. I doubt he cares at all about your opinion on the matter.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Harsh, I know.

With all due respect, man, not really harsh at all. I doubt he cares at all about your opinion on the matter.
The gullibility of some of you on this board.

Take a deep breath amigo...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Is it just me or is Dino making me want to see Bartlett end up somewhere else?

Of course, I really want him to be a Poke, but seeing Dino post this nonsense only to be wrong would just be the best thing I've seen since ACS stiff-armed that CSU cornerback.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Let's not forget that, that list of 9 NFL players from Wyoming is bigger than it has ever been right now. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.
Good thing? Wyo has produced that much recently.
Bad thing? That's not "normal" for Wyo, who normally has far less.
As for CU, who has 14, over 150% more than Wyo, has been terrible for a decade and still has put that many in the NFL.

What leads to that gap though (14 vs. 9)? Is it because CU does a better job developing players? Is it because the PAC provides more exposure? Or, is it because they recruit more NFL caliber athletes?

If you consider the fact we basically never beat CU for a recruit, it's pretty amazing that the difference isn't like 20 to 1. Fact of the matter is that the stakes are high in the NFL and NBA and they don't miss on very much talent, especially at the FBS level. The MWC has proven it can generate enough exposure to produce a number 1 pick in both sports (on multiple occasions for the NBA). The larger conferences produce more professional talent primarily due to the fact that they recruit that caliber of athlete.

Long story short, if you are a NFL level talent playing in the FBS, the NFL (or at least agents) will find you and you will have opportunities, so make your college decision based on other factors (best fit, etc.).
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Is it just me or is Dino making me want to see Bartlett end up somewhere else?

Of course, I really want him to be a Poke, but seeing Dino post this nonsense only to be wrong would just be the best thing I've seen since ACS stiff-armed that CSU cornerback.

I don't even read his posts. Just skim over it. Makes the board much more logical and sane.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Is it just me or is Dino making me want to see Bartlett end up somewhere else?

Oh...my
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

NowherePoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Let's not forget that, that list of 9 NFL players from Wyoming is bigger than it has ever been right now. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.
Good thing? Wyo has produced that much recently.
Bad thing? That's not "normal" for Wyo, who normally has far less.
As for CU, who has 14, over 150% more than Wyo, has been terrible for a decade and still has put that many in the NFL.

What leads to that gap though (14 vs. 9)? Is it because CU does a better job developing players? Is it because the PAC provides more exposure? Or, is it because they recruit more NFL caliber athletes?

If you consider the fact we basically never beat CU for a recruit, it's pretty amazing that the difference isn't like 20 to 1. Fact of the matter is that the stakes are high in the NFL and NBA and they don't miss on very much talent, especially at the FBS level. The MWC has proven it can generate enough exposure to produce a number 1 pick in both sports (on multiple occasions for the NBA). The larger conferences produce more professional talent primarily due to the fact that they recruit that caliber of athlete.

Long story short, if you are a NFL level talent playing in the FBS, the NFL (or at least agents) will find you and you will have opportunities, so make your college decision based on other factors (best fit, etc.).
Sure you will get your opportunities, but maybe you would get more in certain places.

I think CU probably puts more into the NFL for a few simple reasons like they do attract the more NFL/NBA suited athlete compared to Wyoming or CSU. And they do a better job of developing the athlete due to recent coaching staffs. Which again is weird, because as bad as our defenses have been under DC there have been a handful of DC coached defensive players to make it to the NFL.

And at the end of the day, if you are a kid from Denver with offers from CU, CSU, AFA, and Wyo, you are probably going to CU. Why? If you are going to be on a losing team, you might as well do it in the Pac12 instead of the MWC.
That is why the gap is growing. Even the lower ranked recruits are picking the BCS schools over the non-BCS.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.