Tevis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

So tevis had some sort of big signing deal with balloons representing his top 3 schools like some sort of 5 star recruit that the nation eagerly anticipated his decision??
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:So tevis had some sort of big signing deal with balloons representing his top 3 schools like some sort of 5 star recruit that the nation eagerly anticipated his decision??
When in reality, the only fan base actively keeping track of where he was going he decided to reject to ride the pine and be buried in the depth chart for the next 3-5 years in Washington where he'll be another face in the crowd.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I like the comment about growing up a cowboy fan. Looks like it.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I like the comment about growing up a cowboy fan. Looks like it.
So you think he lied about growing up a Cowboy fan since he decided to not attend UW?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I will agree that likely the only fanbase who was really concerned about his decision was us, but so what? Let him be.
Funny how some people think he would have been a star here but now will be another no-name player at a bigger school. That goes to show the type of program we are, and the type of players we are getting.

Also, if there is a player that wants to be a star, you guys bash him for putting himself above the team and caring too much about himself. But now that you are saying he is turning down being a star to be just another guy on the team you bash him? Hypocrites.

Also. He is f-word 18. Get over yourself.

I hope he starts as a true freshman and tears it up for the next 4 years and wins the Butkus award just to spite the people bashing him.

For a bunch of people who pretend that being Cowboy Tough and carrying your business the "right way" mean something, you sure do bash a kid for not doing what YOU want but rather what he wants.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

He had a chance to be a Poke -- he turned and went to Washington.

I loved his ability and was hoping that ability would transfer itself to the field in Laramie.

Good luck to him, but I have no interest in following his next few years.

He's in another family now.

Not the Pokes family.

It was nice knowin' ya, Tevis.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:I will agree that likely the only fanbase who was really concerned about his decision was us, but so what? Let him be.
Funny how some people think he would have been a star here but now will be another no-name player at a bigger school. That goes to show the type of program we are, and the type of players we are getting.

Also, if there is a player that wants to be a star, you guys bash him for putting himself above the team and caring too much about himself. But now that you are saying he is turning down being a star to be just another guy on the team you bash him? Hypocrites.

I hope he starts as a true freshman and tears it up for the next 4 years and wins the Butkus award just to spite the people bashing him.

For a bunch of people who pretend that being Cowboy Tough and carrying your business the "right way" mean something, you sure do bash a kid for not doing what YOU want but rather what he wants.
In all honesty, he'll be lucky to see the field outside of practice.

And for the umpteenth time, this is because he said "I always dreamed of running out onto War Memorial Field in Brown and Gold in front of the home crowd" type of comments. And also his "list of reasons for going to Washington" are more like rubbing salt in than anything.

Finally, he maybe 18, but he should be prepared for backlash over his own decisions. Just like everyone else is at that age.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I will agree that likely the only fanbase who was really concerned about his decision was us, but so what? Let him be.

In all honesty, he'll be lucky to see the field outside of practice.
Hahaha...this is Washington we're talking about, not Oregon. They aren't that good, their defense wasn't Top 50 overall, and their pass D was in the worst 5 in Division 1. For everyone saying he shouldn't go to Oregon because he wouldn't play, this was a conversely smart move. He will be at a big program and I bet he says playing time in year 2; year 3 at worst.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: And for the umpteenth time, this is because he said "I always dreamed of running out onto War Memorial Field in Brown and Gold in front of the home crowd" type of comments. And also his "list of reasons for going to Washington" are more like rubbing salt in than anything.
You say it's because he said that, people are upset but that is BS. When Taven Bryan went to Florida he got ripped apart too.

Fact is that people are mad that Tevis did what he wanted not what you wanted.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

It is obvious that the P5 is another division and more prestigious. Kid decided to shoot for being a big fish in a big pond. I will always respect that. I wish him well and hope he succeeds!

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If we want to start landing these kids or having a better shot of landing them, we need to get our poop together. IMO, he doesn't owe WYO anything just because he grew up a POKE fan.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

You're right, he's 18, we do need to cut him some slack and I wouldn't even be mad if it wasn't for his "letter". It's his parents' fault for deciding to publish this "letter" in the newspaper telling the good people of Wyoming why Wyoming sucks and Washington is awesome. That was some prick move by his asshat parents. They would have been better served to publish that in a Seattle newspaper. geez, some people just don't get it.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:It is obvious that the P5 is another division and more prestigious. Kid decided to shoot for being a big fish in a big pond. I will always respect that. I wish him well and hope he succeeds!

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If we want to start landing these kids or having a better shot of landing them, we need to get our poop together. IMO, he doesn't owe WYO anything just because he grew up a POKE fan.
+1
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:

You're right, he's 18, we do need to cut him some slack and I wouldn't even be mad if it wasn't for his "letter". It's his parents' fault for deciding to publish this "letter" in the newspaper telling the good people of Wyoming why Wyoming sucks and Washington is awesome. That was some prick move by his asshat parents. They would have been better served to publish that in a Seattle newspaper. geez, some people just don't get it.
+1000
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: You're right, he's 18, we do need to cut him some slack and I wouldn't even be mad if it wasn't for his "letter". It's his parents' fault for deciding to publish this "letter" in the newspaper telling the good people of Wyoming why Wyoming sucks and Washington is awesome. That was some prick move by his asshat parents. They would have been better served to publish that in a Seattle newspaper. geez, some people just don't get it.
What letter did you read? The one I read was gracious, thankful, and respectful. I didn't see a bad word about WYO just that he felt Washington was a good fit. Kid didn't need to explain anything, especially after seeing some of these responses. Looked to me like he felt compelled to write it out of respect for his home state. I wonder if that respect is eroding?

All this anger should be directed at our Athletic Department, our University President, our State Legislature, and our State population for not building an environment that is competitive enough to keep WYO's best and brightest home.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

According to some of you. No athlete should ever choose Wyoming. We should just all congratulate these kids for not choosing Wyoming. Then at the same time complain and wonder why Cowboy football isn't better. Christ, the logic of some people....
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: You're right, he's 18, we do need to cut him some slack and I wouldn't even be mad if it wasn't for his "letter". It's his parents' fault for deciding to publish this "letter" in the newspaper telling the good people of Wyoming why Wyoming sucks and Washington is awesome. That was some prick move by his asshat parents. They would have been better served to publish that in a Seattle newspaper. geez, some people just don't get it.
What letter did you read? The one I read was gracious, thankful, and respectful. I didn't see a bad word about WYO just that he felt Washington was a good fit. Kid didn't need to explain anything, especially after seeing some of these responses. Looked to me like he felt compelled to write it out of respect for his home state. I wonder if that respect is eroding?

All this anger should be directed at our Athletic Department, our University President, our State Legislature, and our State population for not building an environment that is competitive enough to keep WYO's best and brightest home.
I read between the lines. The whole point of the letter was why he didn't choose Wyoming and why Wyoming didn't cut it. I just don't get why it was published. You are right, though. I guess 15+ years of sucking has dissuaded our top athletes from putting on the Brown and Gold.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

You can direct it at me, Cornpoke. I don't care. You want them here? Build a program that gets them here.

Sorry, I'll stick to blaming professionals responsible for building WYO's businesses, University, etc. as opposed to 18 year old kids who strive for something bigger than our vision at WYO.
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: I read between the lines. The whole point of the letter was why he didn't choose Wyoming and why Wyoming didn't cut it. I just don't get why it was published. You are right, though. I guess 15+ years of sucking has dissuaded our top athletes from putting on the Brown and Gold.
I read it more like he felt it necessary to explain to his WYO faithful why he felt like WA was a better choice for his future. The fact is, next to Washington, we don't cut it.

That is not his problem. That is our problem. We need to make WYO his best option.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

This thread is amazing.

Not in a good way.

I really don't understand where the mentality comes from that just because you pick a big school to attend, you'll automatically ride pine because you're from small-town Wyoming. That mentality is dumb. If you're good enough to earn a scholarship from multiple Pac12 schools and a B1G school, they don't bring you in to ride pine. The lack of support for a young Wyoming athlete here is amazing. Why wouldn't an 18 year old kid bounce on the opportunity to play for an obviously successful head coach in a terrific city? Sometimes kids don't want to stay at home, despite how much they love the school they grew up watching? Why wouldn't you want the opportunity to play in front of 80,000 fans in the Rose Bowl? Or 80,000 fans at the Coliseum? Or live in Seattle for five years on a scholarship?

Basically, deciding schools is more than just what's convenient.. for an 18 year old, living away from home, playing in Pac12 stadiums, and going to a reputable school is big. And if things at Washington don't work out, I'm sure Craig Bohl's staff would take him with open arms. It's the reality we live in.. sometimes kids want to see the world. The horror.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

MrTitleist wrote:This thread is amazing.

Not in a good way.

I really don't understand where the mentality comes from that just because you pick a big school to attend, you'll automatically ride pine because you're from small-town Wyoming. That mentality is dumb. If you're good enough to earn a scholarship from multiple Pac12 schools and a B1G school, they don't bring you in to ride pine. The lack of support for a young Wyoming athlete here is amazing. Why wouldn't an 18 year old kid bounce on the opportunity to play for an obviously successful head coach in a terrific city? Sometimes kids don't want to stay at home, despite how much they love the school they grew up watching? Why wouldn't you want the opportunity to play in front of 80,000 fans in the Rose Bowl? Or 80,000 fans at the Coliseum? Or live in Seattle for five years on a scholarship?

Basically, deciding schools is more than just what's convenient.. for an 18 year old, living away from home, playing in Pac12 stadiums, and going to a reputable school is big. And if things at Washington don't work out, I'm sure Craig Bohl's staff would take him with open arms. It's the reality we live in.. sometimes kids want to see the world. The horror.
Good Post...and I agree. Good on him, I would have probably done the same, considering all his choices, Seattle will be an awesome experience! In fact, I did do (basically) the same...had the opportunity to play D1 at Wyoming, and ended up forgoing athletics all together, to go somewhere "else" to finish school. But my loyalty never swayed...obviously.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...