Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Who cares if we play them this year? Wouldn't he have to sit out this year anyways? FCS is still division 1, I thought the only way to play immediately was to go the D2 or lower level or JUCO route...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yes, you are correct in that he would have to sit out a year. However, that wouldn't stop him from filling in the UND coaching staff on our plays, schemes, tendencies, play calls, signals, etc. thus giving them a treasure trove of information for our game against them. It might look small time on paper, but it's a move that has to be done.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

H e already transferred out of that racist university. ... so it's a mute point.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

lakesbison wrote:H e already transferred out of that racist university. ... so it's a mute point.
"Moot" point. Not mute, moot.

Pet peeve of mine.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Yes, you are correct in that he would have to sit out a year. However, that wouldn't stop him from filling in the UND coaching staff on our plays, schemes, tendencies, play calls, signals, etc. thus giving them a treasure trove of information for our game against them. It might look small time on paper, but it's a move that has to be done.
Actually, if you drop down, there is no sit out a year rule. You can play immediately.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Yes, you are correct in that he would have to sit out a year. However, that wouldn't stop him from filling in the UND coaching staff on our plays, schemes, tendencies, play calls, signals, etc. thus giving them a treasure trove of information for our game against them. It might look small time on paper, but it's a move that has to be done.
I guess you are right if you are threatened by the 8th place fcs big sky team. Of course, being threatened by the 8th place big sky team is pretty much the definition of small time so maybe we are both right.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, things are in pretty bad shape if we're worried about the North Dakota No-Names.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

That's the thing though. It's a policy you follow, no matter if it's Alabama, Notre Dame, Fort Fart State, or Laramie High School. You never let an athlete transfer from your team to a team that is on your schedule the next season. You never give ANYONE any tactical advantage over your team.

Nevermind may not have played much and may not be a huge player, but he knows play calls and formations. That's a tactical advantage we would never want to give anyone, no matter what.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:That's the thing though. It's a policy you follow, no matter if it's Alabama, Notre Dame, Fort Fart State, or Laramie High School. You never let an athlete transfer from your team to a team that is on your schedule the next season. You never give ANYONE any tactical advantage over your team.

Nevermind may not have played much and may not be a huge player, but he knows play calls and formations. That's a tactical advantage we would never want to give anyone, no matter what.
Unless it's Vernon Adams and Oregon.
ImageImageImageImage
billings
Ranch Hand

Follow the policy regardless of where they want to transfer. Making exceptions or not being consistent is not fair to the athletes and sends the wrong message
BJC
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:That's the thing though. It's a policy you follow, no matter if it's Alabama, Notre Dame, Fort Fart State, or Laramie High School. You never let an athlete transfer from your team to a team that is on your schedule the next season. You never give ANYONE any tactical advantage over your team.

Unless it's Vernon Adams and Oregon.
I don't think they had a choice since he graduated
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

billings wrote:Follow the policy regardless of where they want to transfer. Making exceptions or not being consistent is not fair to the athletes and sends the wrong message
It is a policy put in place by Bohl and Bohl alone. IMO, the policy is ridiculous and looks both petty and small time.

A policy of no in-conference transfer I could get on board with. I wouldn't agree with, but at most, a no transfer to FBS schools on our schedule in the upcoming year.

Blocking a transfer to FCS is weak poop and looks terrible, IMO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:It is a policy put in place by Bohl and Bohl alone. IMO, the policy is ridiculous and looks both petty and small time.
As a graduate transfer, Golson will be immediately eligible to play for his new school, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is free to go any program at the FBS level. Notre Dame didn't give Golson a release to any school it will play in 2015, which includes Texas, and also would block some Big Ten programs, a source confirmed to FOX Sports Sunday.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... lsu-051015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#petty
#smalltime
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BJC
A Real Cowboy

"Blocking a transfer to FCS is weak poop and looks terrible, IMO."

100% agree

One question, wasn't he a walk on as well?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

I'm having a hard time seeing how people are mad at Bohl over this. This is pretty much universal. Almost no one in D1 will let a player transfer to a team they are playing that next year, FCS or otherwise. This isn't a Bohl thing, it's an everyone thing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:I'm having a hard time seeing how people are mad at Bohl over this. This is pretty much universal. Almost no one in D1 will let a player transfer to a team they are playing that next year, FCS or otherwise. This isn't a Bohl thing, it's an everyone thing.
You know the cliche' about everyone and cliffs ;)

Look, kid was asked to switch positions and didn't want to. Opted to transfer to finish his degree. He is transferring down to FCS. I just don't see how this can hurt WYO and it could help the kid out.

This just highlights a major injustice in CFB. I'm mad no matter who blocks who; especially in the case of a kid transferring down a division. In this case, it seems especially ridiculous. Hell, the kid was already at UND and wasn't a part of spring ball at WYO. In terms of super secret information to give them a competitive advantage, he easily could have already shared what info he had.

I don't care what everyone else does. IMO, in this case, Bohl is wrong. I wonder if coaches would agree to a rule that allows ADs to block the transfer of a coach?
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I'm having a hard time seeing how people are mad at Bohl over this. This is pretty much universal. Almost no one in D1 will let a player transfer to a team they are playing that next year, FCS or otherwise. This isn't a Bohl thing, it's an everyone thing.
You know the cliche' about everyone and cliffs ;)

Look, kid was asked to switch positions and didn't want to. Opted to transfer to finish his degree. He is transferring down to FCS. I just don't see how this can hurt WYO and it could help the kid out.

This just highlights a major injustice in CFB. I'm mad no matter who blocks who; especially in the case of a kid transferring down a division. In this case, it seems especially ridiculous. Hell, the kid was already at UND and wasn't a part of spring ball at WYO. In terms of super secret information to give them a competitive advantage, he easily could have already shared what info he had.

I don't care what everyone else does. IMO, in this case, Bohl is wrong. I wonder if coaches would agree to a rule that allows ADs to block the transfer of a coach?
I agree with this 100%. ND didn't "block" Bohl switching schools. It's crazy when the one's NOT getting paid have higher standards than those collecting a pay check.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Some people like to create drama.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: Some people like to create drama.
Silly me; I thought this was a place where topics were brought up and people discussed them. You know, like a message board.
hithere
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote: Some people like to create drama.
Got damn right some people like to create drama on a message board. Otherwise we'd just have some wiener kid ENLIGHTENING all readers of this board by googling that water is wet or trying to make hashtags work outside of twitter.

I read this for the drama. The saga of Oscar "The Sufferin' Swede" Nevermann on the windswept plains of Dakota North battling the evil forces of the N-C-Double A are thrilling to me.