Eddie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:I'd be willing to bet that Eddie will follow the same trajectory as Mike Purcell. Stay on the practice squad a few years, then get his shot.
Eddie has something that can't be coached....a non-stop motor.

I wish him the best.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I agree that he'll need to start as a practice squad guy and go from there. It will be interesting to see how he does when he doesn't get double teams like he did here and if he's able to show some flashes against a single blocker.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
303cowboy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:Tough place to make the roster. Denver is absolutely stacked at Eddies position. Gonna have to grind it out on the practice squad for a while.
I disagree. They're loaded at outside linebacker, not d-end where I think he'll play. Wolfe and crick(now that Jackson left) will start there. The rookie they drafted in the 2nd plays there but is coming off an injury and is likely to miss time which is good news for eddie
I don't think Eddie has the size to play a 5 technique 3-4 end in the NFL like those guys you mention. To me he projects basically as a DeMarcus Ware type.
He weighed in at 270 at his workout in Denver and they had him at end. Wolfe is 285. I bet he can add some more weight too. Probably a little undersized but I think he has a real shot.

There's a lot more to NFL size than weight. There's a big difference than 6'2 Eddie at 270 and someone like Derek Wolfe who is 6'5 285 and much leaner. Much bigger gap in size than just the 15lbs that would separate them.

IMO Eddies NFL potential took a big shot when he came to Wyoming and became a DE in the first place. Credit to him for doing that for the team. He was a highly recruited LB. To me his NFL potential would have been as a hulking, bruising MLB ala Ray Lewis. 6'2 240 and all over the field. Watch his HS tape again sometime. He looked just like Ray Lewis IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2rJGMwalo
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

calpoke25 wrote:
303cowboy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
303cowboy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:Tough place to make the roster. Denver is absolutely stacked at Eddies position. Gonna have to grind it out on the practice squad for a while.
I disagree. They're loaded at outside linebacker, not d-end where I think he'll play. Wolfe and crick(now that Jackson left) will start there. The rookie they drafted in the 2nd plays there but is coming off an injury and is likely to miss time which is good news for eddie
I don't think Eddie has the size to play a 5 technique 3-4 end in the NFL like those guys you mention. To me he projects basically as a DeMarcus Ware type.
He weighed in at 270 at his workout in Denver and they had him at end. Wolfe is 285. I bet he can add some more weight too. Probably a little undersized but I think he has a real shot.

There's a lot more to NFL size than weight. There's a big difference than 6'2 Eddie at 270 and someone like Derek Wolfe who is 6'5 285 and much leaner. Much bigger gap in size than just the 15lbs that would separate them.

IMO Eddies NFL potential took a big shot when he came to Wyoming and became a DE in the first place. Credit to him for doing that for the team. He was a highly recruited LB. To me his NFL potential would have been as a hulking, bruising MLB ala Ray Lewis. 6'2 240 and all over the field. Watch his HS tape again sometime. He looked just like Ray Lewis IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2rJGMwalo
Like I said before, I still think he's undersized. Just going by where they had him playing at his workout. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where they put him. Hopefully it pans out.
Triple-WY
Buckaroo