After WYO beats Boise St....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

lakesbison wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
lakesbison wrote:after the W, at 6-2 would that be the best spot the Wyoming program has ever been??
Seasons starting 6-2 or better through 8+ games:
1998 (8-1)
1996 (10-2)
1993 (7-1)
1990 (9-0)
1988 (11-2)
1987 (10-2)
1981 (7-2)
1976 (8-2)
1969 (6-2)
1968 (7-2)
1967 (10-0)
1966 (10-1)
1965 (6-2)
1960 (8-2)
1959 (9-1)
1958 (6-2)
1956 (10-0)
1955 (7-1)
1950 (10-0)
1949 (9-1)
1925 (6-2)

2 times in 20 years. thats what i was looking for. thanks josh. wow theres some success in this program!!
Lake-I thought it was pretty cool when a bunch of you guys followed our coach over to be Wyoming fans. And even though you are active here, it seems that you have a bit of little dna rifle syndrome, where you feel compelled to mention or compare the NDS program with the Wyoming program quite often. This is why you get push back from a few people on this board. However, comments like this make you look like a dick. I am not sure if this is what you're going for, but just in case it's not, I thought I'd mention it. As the Pokes prepare for Boise State this weekend, I wish NDS well vs. Northern Iowa.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:
lakesbison wrote:after the W, at 6-2 would that be the best spot the Wyoming program has ever been??
Seasons starting 6-2 or better through 8+ games:
1998 (8-1)
1996 (10-2)
1993 (7-1)
1990 (9-0)
1988 (11-2)
1987 (10-2)
1981 (7-2)
1976 (8-2)
1969 (6-2)
1968 (7-2)
1967 (10-0)
1966 (10-1)
1965 (6-2)
1960 (8-2)
1959 (9-1)
1958 (6-2)
1956 (10-0)
1955 (7-1)
1950 (10-0)
1949 (9-1)
1925 (6-2)
Jesus that's depressing. I remember moving to Wyoming in '95. I'm in sixth grade, Cowboys about to be real good, everyone so damn excited about the team. Then Vic. 20 freakin years of irrelevance.
52-56
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
lakesbison wrote:2 times in 20 years. thats what i was looking for. thanks josh. wow theres some success in this program!!
And yet, it's still more success than NDSU has had at the FBS level, so suck it....
+1
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Hey LakesBison. What do you think your chances are against Indiana State if you make it through the riveting match-up with Youngstown State? The world is lining up to find out.

I'm pretty sure Wyoming Indian has an open week next season if you want to schedule them OOC and I know the Gillette Auxiliary Women's Powder Puff team has had a hard time finding anyone to play them. You might look into that.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

NDSU is 9-3 vs FBS thank u.

now İ dont see why anyone would be mean to a fan of wyoming. i know the coaches, i watched all your games, pretty sure im not attacking anyone personally on here yet İ take arrows. weird.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

lakesbison wrote:NDSU is 9-3 vs FBS thank u.

now İ dont see why anyone would be mean to a fan of wyoming. i know the coaches, i watched all your games, pretty sure im not attacking anyone personally on here yet İ take arrows. weird.
:rofl:
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

0-1 vs the Pokes.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:

0-1 vs the Pokes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'm surprised that I don't hate lakebison. He seems like a kid that keeps telling you stuff about his dad, but you already know his dad is a dork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:I'm surprised that I don't hate lakebison. He seems like a kid that keeps telling you stuff about his dad, but you already know his dad is a dork.

He reminds me of a skeevy uncle that keeps trying to teach you life lessons and all you want is him to take his greasy unwashed arm from around your shoulders

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I'm surprised that I don't hate lakebison. He seems like a kid that keeps telling you stuff about his dad, but you already know his dad is a dork.

He reminds me of a skeevy uncle that keeps trying to teach you life lessons and all you want is him to take his greasy unwashed arm from around your shoulders

Uncle Rico, talking about how great his arm/D2 team is
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

How many seasons at the FBS level has NDSU started 6-2 or better through 8+ games? 0 times in 20 years, that's what I was looking for. Thanks lakes. Wow, there's some success for ya....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:

Uncle Rico, talking about how great his arm/D2 team is
Dude! That is it exactly!

cowboyz
Cowpoke

Lake-I'm trying to help you out here Buddy. But your opening line there just makes you look like a Dick. This is a Wyoming football forum. The run NDS has had vs, FBS teams of is great, I and many others have acknowledged this over the years since Bohl left your program for greener pastures, or the chance to maybe have a 9-3 record vs. FBS teams in a single year and not over a decade. An FCS team having this success over FBS teams is amazing. But it is a bit of an anomaly that took the best FCS team ever playing (mostly) mediocre FBS teams. In 10 years from now we might be still hoping for 6 win seasons to sneak into a bowl game, and NDS will probably be fighting for their lives to win their division, but NDS won't be wrapping up it's 15th FCS title in a row. All good runs come to an end. The NDS run is coming to an end. So my advice, cheer both teams if you truly like both teams, but please, stop talking about NDS on our forums. We know your team was good, that's why we stole your coach, and that's why someone else is going to steal your present coach. Good NDS coaches go to FBS and good Mtn West coaches go to P5 teams. It's the way things are. Deal with it.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

cowboyz. i get it.

but look at my first point i seriously had no idea if wyoming has started 6-2 with a big over a #12 team. thats all I was getting at. i understand the jealousy towards me, but I was here day 1 that Craig, Brent, AJ and Scott started coaching at wyoming. so I didnt know anyone wyoming history.

beat Boise!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

lakesbison wrote:cowboyz. i get it.

but look at my first point i seriously had no idea if wyoming has started 6-2 with a big over a #12 team. thats all I was getting at. i understand the jealousy towards me, but I was here day 1 that Craig, Brent, AJ and Scott started coaching at wyoming. so I didnt know anyone wyoming history.

beat Boise!!
Tbh.....I never really understood all of the shade you got here until this thread

Assuming that in over 120 years of division 1 football Wyoming has never had a start of better than 6-2 is worse than ignorance...... ignorance I can abide, there's nothing wrong with just not knowing something

Nope assuming that we've been poop for over a century isn't ignorant... it's just plain condescending..........that's why i get it now, who da eff are you to come in here acting like ndsu is God's gift to football and we should be lucky to acquire a sprinkle of their magic pixie dust

There were. Decades in our history in which WE were the Boise state....we were the top conference team that everyone had circled on their calendar....... judging a century old program by the latter 18 years is poop........and trying to wrap it up in this "I'm just a Wyoming fan trying to learn" stuff is just gift wrapped poop

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

beat Boise!!
No one is jealous of you troll. You think we want to play Youngstown State and Indiana State and then go to the message board of a team in the big leagues to brag about it?

You're a troll. That's why 3/4 of college athletics message boards in the country have already banned you. For some reason our admins are more lenient than everyone else. You're still here just to piss people off.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

not true junky.

whyoh.... Dude I didnt know. jesus relax.

just beat Boise , thats all im hoping for this weekend
cowboyz
Cowpoke

beat Boise!!
I'll try one more time...there's a high school in California named DeLaSalle. Their football team won 151 games in a row. Not just against their local conference where they were obviously the powerhouse, but against other powerful teams from all over the USA. As a NDS fan are you jealous of DeLaSalle? I would think not. As a Wyoming fan, while I acknowledge NDS's accomplishments, I am not jealous of NDS at all. Wyo/NDS is simply two different levels of competition on a week in and week out basis. Similar to NDS/DeLaSalle High School. Same sport, different results, and different levels of competition.

If you want a little history on Wyoming football, you could try all sorts of ways to obtain it, maybe start with Google (that's how I found DeLaSalle's streak number). But your delivery is very "has Wyoming ever...because NDS..." I'm having a hard time figuring out your end game. Maybe you feel like Bohl was your dad or husband and he walked out on you and the rest of the kids, so you want to constantly tell his new family that the old family is better or just fine without him. But guess what? Wyoming is the younger hotter wife and the Wyoming kids,while not the coolest kids in school, are way cooler than his old family.

If you're a Wyoming fan, sit back, have fun, and join the conversation. But please, enough about NDS.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Wyoming is NDSU.2 right now. thats a good thing!!! relax and win dont worry about me

im calling it

Wyoming 31
Boise St 28