What's your favorite MWC Stadium to Visit?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

What is your favorite MWC Stadium to watch the pokes play on the road?
I personally like going down to Falcon Stadium in Colorado Springs. Great tailgating, great view, fly overs, paratroopers, and the cadets always make it a rowdy atmosphere.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:31 am What is your favorite MWC Stadium to watch the pokes play on the road?
I personally like going down to Falcon Stadium in Colorado Springs. Great tailgating, great view, fly overs, paratroopers, and the cadets always make it a rowdy atmosphere.
Agree, best visiting stadium I've been to by far. Always have a good time at Sam Boyd but that's not because of the stadium
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I do enjoy Falcon Stadium as well. Their mascot parachuting was really cool.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:31 am What is your favorite MWC Stadium to watch the pokes play on the road?
Agree on Falcon Stadium and the general game experience down in the Springs. Although, I do enjoy making the trip to Vegas when the Pokes play there as there is plenty other things to spend the weekend doing and it doesn't break the bank to make the flight (Sam Boyd Stadium isn't all that great however).

Best stadium that I have ever witnessed the Pokes play in is Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City hands down! The gameday experience and enthusiasm of Iowa fans is tremendous...and how cool is it to wave to the kids in the children's hospital overlooking the stadium.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Have only ever been to the Wolfpack stadium in Reno (went with family, and now have a cousin attending). Fans were pretty cool, but the place isn't the best for handicapped people. At the time at least.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

UNLV Sam Boyd... served booze before anyone else ( though they ran out when I went ). I like New Mexico too, there fans are like us.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

San Diego is tops for me. Cool city with great people.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Count another vote for Falcon Stadium here
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

UNLV trip is going to be amazing when that stadium is built and each fan gets an entire row to themselves.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 am San Diego is tops for me. Cool city with great people.
And one of the sh--tiest stadiums in all of CFB...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am
phxpoke wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 am San Diego is tops for me. Cool city with great people.
And one of the sh--tiest stadiums in all of CFB...
I agree. Absolutely no ambiance in that stadium. Hard to top the city though.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hawaii of course. Stadium itself sucks but location, booze, and gyros are all amazing.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:52 am Hawaii of course. Stadium itself sucks but location, booze, and gyros are all amazing.
One of the few I've never been to (along with Fresno and SJSU)...and of course I can't swing it this year with work. I'm pulling for a Pokes bowl game on the islands this year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Falcon Stadium for me. Have seen some great games there. Especially that 1988 4th QTR. comeback by the Pokes. That was up there as one of the best games I have ever been to.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Haven't been to many MWC stadiums except for New Mexico and UNLV, and Nevada. So UNLV takes it. I've been to Nebraska, Washington State, Montana State, and BYU. Nebraska takes the Cake period. You can't beat the sea of red. People didn't tend to be half bad till they were intoxicated or we almost beat them, then they got a little whiney.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Been to Fresno, San Diego, Las Vegas, Reno, Hughes Ft Collins, Falcon, Albuquerque, Boise(b4 they were MWC members) and Utah St. Went to TCU when they were still MWC members as well. and BYU too(never again) and Utah

Favorite(besides the WAR)....Falcon Stadium 5x and never a bad visit, especially like it was said that 1st visit in 1988 the Comeback will always stay with me. With Utah St right behind, I like the atmosphere there.

Worst---San Diego, Qualcomm is a dump, along with old Hughes in FOCO, Boise wasn't great with renovations and Nevada is a dump on a nice campus.

NEED to visit Aloha in Honolulu and San Jose is it...and of course new CSU

As for cities visiting, San Diego, Las Vegas and always like going to Colo Spgs. hated--Fresno city....

I've been to Wazzu, Okla St, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Iowa, Oregon(my fave), all against my Pokes and one of these days I'll be at a win away, still kicking myself for going to TCU game a week earlier an not going to Knoxville and the win against Tennessee.

Going to Mizzou this year, SEC country, LOL
It's my hobby, for the rest of my days, 1 away game for the rest of my life......