Which recruit are you most excited about?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
IllFBFan
Buckaroo

Well, we don't time our guys in the 40. So I don't know what his true 40 time is. I'm not going to lie, 4.3 sounds like a stretch. He may have been timed at 4.3 at a camp or combine or something and that's why he has that time on his Hudl page. I'm not sure.

This kid is Football fast though. Even if he ran a 4.4 or 4.5 and not a 4.3 he is noticeably faster on the field than he would be on the track. He made big plays all year and scored from anywhere on the field. He had two 50 plus yard TD's against East St. Louis (THE fastest team in Illinois). He made big plays all day against O'Fallon (another very very speedy team with D1 players on their D. Those were the two fastest teams we played and football wise he was playing at a different speed than most if not all of the other guys. ESL has two DB's going D1, one to Mizzou and one to Syracuse and Brian torched both of them.

So, he may not have Elite track speed, but he has more than enough speed to be a big time playmaker. I think he will still make big plays at that level, even with speed all over the field. It won't be an issue.

Athletically he's only getting better too. He played Basketball his Jr. year and we saw a BIG time improvement on his agility and quickness. He was still a little stiff even as a Jr. with his height and frame but he came in this past season a whole different athlete. It was weird how much he improved in that area. He's playing BBall again this year and I think it will help his development out even more.

That's another reason I think he was a late bloomer on the recruiting trail. He played LB and RB and teams really thought he'd play LB at the next level. With his frame he really could add 15 or 20 pounds and be a 6'2 225 or 230 pound Will LB. He would have needed a few years of development to play LB at a high level, but he could have IMO. He worked at DB all summer in camps and combines. He committed himself to DB because he really does have prototype Safety size and thought that was his best bet to get an opportunity at the next level.

But he dominated so much at RB this year that it's not surprising that he's getting slotted to play there.

One more thing about Brian.

1st round of the Playoffs we are down 21-14 and just turned the ball over with about 2 mins left in the game. All the opposing team had to do was run the clock out as we had no TO's. First play they run the ball and Brian comes from his Safety spot and literally just takes the ball out of the backs hands. The kids a competitor and a big time play maker.

His performance against O'Fallon was prob the best of any player in the area in a single game this year. He had Four TD's (two Rushing, One receiving, and a 97 yard INT return for a TD) He also had a 10 tackles, a sack and 2 picks. Unbelievable game for him. O'Fallon is one of the tougher teams in the conference too, they are no slouch.

Anyway. As you can see I have a lot of confidence in him. I think he will be a STUD at the next level. Even if he doesn't play right away or red shirts and takes a year to get some experience, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a big time player for you guys.

Wow. I start typing and don't realize how long my posts are. These are like mini novels! LOL.
jcueva6
Buckaroo

anyone of the TIGHT ENDS really great recruiting at this Spot. and in this pro style system the TE is gonna be whoever wins the qb job's best friend!

Also Hill can play Rb, saftey, and even sub package LB imo.
IllFBFan
Buckaroo

jcueva6 wrote:anyone of the TIGHT ENDS really great recruiting at this Spot. and in this pro style system the TE is gonna be whoever wins the qb job's best friend!

Also Hill can play Rb, saftey, and even sub package LB imo.
Maybe a Big Nickel with a hybrid SS/LB in the box? Absolutely.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

IllFBFan wrote:Well, we don't time our guys in the 40. So I don't know what his true 40 time is. I'm not going to lie, 4.3 sounds like a stretch. He may have been timed at 4.3 at a camp or combine or something and that's why he has that time on his Hudl page. I'm not sure.

This kid is Football fast though. Even if he ran a 4.4 or 4.5 and not a 4.3 he is noticeably faster on the field than he would be on the track. He made big plays all year and scored from anywhere on the field. He had two 50 plus yard TD's against East St. Louis (THE fastest team in Illinois). He made big plays all day against O'Fallon (another very very speedy team with D1 players on their D. Those were the two fastest teams we played and football wise he was playing at a different speed than most if not all of the other guys. ESL has two DB's going D1, one to Mizzou and one to Syracuse and Brian torched both of them.

So, he may not have Elite track speed, but he has more than enough speed to be a big time playmaker. I think he will still make big plays at that level, even with speed all over the field. It won't be an issue.

Athletically he's only getting better too. He played Basketball his Jr. year and we saw a BIG time improvement on his agility and quickness. He was still a little stiff even as a Jr. with his height and frame but he came in this past season a whole different athlete. It was weird how much he improved in that area. He's playing BBall again this year and I think it will help his development out even more.

That's another reason I think he was a late bloomer on the recruiting trail. He played LB and RB and teams really thought he'd play LB at the next level. With his frame he really could add 15 or 20 pounds and be a 6'2 225 or 230 pound Will LB. He would have needed a few years of development to play LB at a high level, but he could have IMO. He worked at DB all summer in camps and combines. He committed himself to DB because he really does have prototype Safety size and thought that was his best bet to get an opportunity at the next level.

But he dominated so much at RB this year that it's not surprising that he's getting slotted to play there.

1st round of the Playoffs we are down 21-14 and just turned the ball over with about 2 mins left in the game. All the opposing team had to do was run the clock out as we had no TO's. First play they run the ball and Brian comes from his Safety spot and literally just takes the ball out of the backs hands. The kids a competitor and a big time play maker.

His performance against O'Fallon was prob the best of any player in the area in a single game this year. He had Four TD's (two Rushing, One receiving, and a 97 yard INT return for a TD) He also had a 10 tackles, a sack and 2 picks. Unbelievable game for him. O'Fallon is one of the tougher teams in the conference too, they are no slouch.

Anyway. As you can see I have a lot of confidence in him. I think he will be a STUD at the next level. Even if he doesn't play right away or red shirts and takes a year to get some experience, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a big time player for you guys.

Wow. I start typing and don't realize how long my posts are. These are like mini novels! LOL.
Welcome to the board! Great write ups that you posted and I really appreciate you coming on here and sharing what you know about Brian. I have a question for you, I know that we list him as a RB in this class, but I was wondering what you personally think is his best position either safety or RB?
IllFBFan
Buckaroo

YankPoke wrote:
IllFBFan wrote:Well, we don't time our guys in the 40. So I don't know what his true 40 time is. I'm not going to lie, 4.3 sounds like a stretch. He may have been timed at 4.3 at a camp or combine or something and that's why he has that time on his Hudl page. I'm not sure.

Welcome to the board! Great write ups that you posted and I really appreciate you coming on here and sharing what you know about Brian. I have a question for you, I know that we list him as a RB in this class, but I was wondering what you personally think is his best position either safety or RB?
I've always seen him as a safety, which is odd cause he only played Safety his senior year. With his body type and the way he plays I always wanted him back at safety.

But if he stays at RB he could develop into a top notch playmaker at that position too.

With his frame he really could have beefed up to play LB or RB, stayed lean to play safety or even WR. It will be interesting to see where you guys use him.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Good players find a way onto the field albeit a different position or beating the next guy on the depth chart. I hope he has a great career at UW.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

mrtnt3x wrote:Good players find a way onto the field (except for during the DC regime) albeit a different position or beating the next guy on the depth chart. I hope he has a great career at UW.
FIFY
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I know there was a decent amount of talk about Alex Bush before and then it has all but vanished, whatever happened to this kid?
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Vega & Hill Would be who I think will contribute. But malauula is my boy!!
IllFBFan
Buckaroo

Just wanted to bump this thread. I was confident that Brian Hill would be a great player for you guys as evidenced by my posts here.

But man. He has even surpassed my expectations of him for his freshman year.

You guys got a good one!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Hill was definitely thrown to the fire, but it didn't faze him one bit. Even though May and Wick both went down, he really stepped up when we needed him.

Another guy I've been impressed with is Ryan Cummings at LT. Kid has been solid when our depth went down the crapper.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

I swear I said Hill....
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hill figures to be the face of the program going forward. May will take awhile to heal, so the spring battle will be between Wick and Hill. Should be fun to watch.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:Hill figures to be the face of the program going forward. May will take awhile to heal, so the spring battle will be between Wick and Hill. Should be fun to watch.
Wick will be going into his senior season. Just hope he doesn't get injured again. And of all things, his wrist is what went 'snap!'. He and Hill are the same type of runningback too. Both are powerbacks that prefer running over defenders than trying to juke them. And when they hit a gap in the defense, they then turn on the burners and go for it all. May was the change of pace guy until her went down. Truth be told though, I think he would shine as a slot receiver, especially with his speed.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

All the freshman that have played have been good. Hill, Cummings, Priester, and Winters has even been okay. Hollister has been a solid recruit too
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:All the freshman that have played have been good. Hill, Cummings, Priester, and Winters has even been okay. Hollister has been a solid recruit too
I wouldn't call Priester good yet. He has certainly improved but he still has a ways to go before he's even average. But Cummings and Hill have been home runs. Tutein is another player that flew under the radar most the year and suddenly is making a ton of noise. He'll be good.
hithere
Ranch Hand

IllFBFan wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread. I was confident that Brian Hill would be a great player for you guys as evidenced by my posts here.

You guys got a good one!
Do you know who on Bohl's staff recruited him specifically? I don't have each coach's territory committed to memory right now.

Thanks
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

hithere wrote:
IllFBFan wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread. I was confident that Brian Hill would be a great player for you guys as evidenced by my posts here.

You guys got a good one!
Do you know who on Bohl's staff recruited him specifically? I don't have each coach's territory committed to memory right now.

Thanks
I believe that Mike Bath was the primary recruiter for Hill.
hithere
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote: I believe that Mike Bath was the primary recruiter for Hill.
Yeah? Thanks, I was wondering based on comments that while Bohl was at NDSU, they were targeting him and then Bath was somewhat of a late addition to Wyoming's staff when Bohl took over. Wasn't sure if there was a relationship built starting at NDSU by someone. Makes sense geographically and position-wise that it would be Bath.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:All the freshman that have played have been good. Hill, Cummings, Priester, and Winters has even been okay. Hollister has been a solid recruit too
I wouldn't call Priester good yet. He has certainly improved but he still has a ways to go before he's even average. But Cummings and Hill have been home runs. Tutein is another player that flew under the radar most the year and suddenly is making a ton of noise. He'll be good.
Yeah, Tutein's a beast.