Wyoming Spring Practice 2014

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

If anyone isnt worried about our offensive line you might be in denial. Our Qbs are going to take serious hits in the pocket. A lot of work needs to be done.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Do you think with the o-line issues that Thorton and Stratton will be favorites come this fall
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Vapoke wrote:Do you think with the o-line issues that Thorton and Stratton will be favorites come this fall
I definitely think all of them will see playing time at one point or another. I know that Thornton is playing aginst the 2's but he looks sharp with his throws.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

So far, I get the feeling that the 1st-team defense is good, but depth is a worry. Cannot afford injuries to key positions of they'll fall apart. O-Line needs work still....hard to expect Bohl to transform that into a strength in one month. The rebuilding process has begun though.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Awesome Sewell sighting!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Most definitely happy about Sewell. 2nd team defense or not thats got to be great for his confidence going into fall camp. Hope there were no serious injuries. Seems we came out and never lost anyone for the season this spring.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:So far, I get the feeling that the 1st-team defense is good, but depth is a worry. Cannot afford injuries to key positions of they'll fall apart. O-Line needs work still....hard to expect Bohl to transform that into a strength in one month. The rebuilding process has begun though.
It appears Bohl agrees with me.
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/457656521669636096
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/457688072126476290 Wyoming QB Thornton's big play a highlight for Cowboy offense

Tom Thornton was flying.

Late in the third quarter of Wyoming's spring game inside War Memorial Stadium on Saturday, the sophomore quarterback took a snap, turned and faked a hand off to his running back. The "brown squad" quarterback dropped into an ideal pocket and took a peek downfield.

His eyes found his receiver -- Trent Sewell -- and daylight.

“It feels great [to see a receiver wide open]," Thornton said after the scrimmage. "It’s a relief, kind of like, ‘Oh, it worked! Now I just have to put the ball on him.'

"Sometimes when the guy’s too wide open you’re like, ‘Oh, no. I can’t miss.’ But you can’t be thinking like that. You have to throw it normally.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 0cd31.html