Bohl Interview in Nebraska

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

DocHolliday wrote:Retired?

Not me.

I'm in my prime.
Nobody said you were retired...

Did I miss something?
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Tombstone.

Doc Holliday.

From the script.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

Ah.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Ah.
:D

Hope you're well, BHR.

-dc
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Fans do help create a good home-field advantage though. That can make a definite impact on games.

When was the last time Alabama switched up their color scheme? USC? LSU? Texas? Oklahoma? They don't have problems getting players to come with their old-school uniforms.

Once you start tinkering with uniforms, its obvious your program is desperate. Gotta change things up so we can get better. Ask Christiansen how the uniform changes worked out for him during his time in Laramie.
Desperate? Someone should tell Oregon, Okie Lite, Baylor, Mich. State, Boise State, heck even Michigan has been changing it up.

I don't think desperate is the word. I think the phrase is "you don't have the football tradition that USC, TX, Bama, etc." have.

I will guarantee that game day attendance and atmosphere would be better for a winning team in pink uniforms than a losing team in "traditional" uniforms.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

You're such a great fan Doc.
When was it that you decided to be a Cowboy fan again? 2 years ago? Or was it a whole 3?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:You're such a great fan Doc.
When was it that you decided to be a Cowboy fan again? 2 years ago? Or was it a whole 3?
I see you would like to engage me again in a duel?

I shall pass on the opportunity my good man.

However, for clarification purposes again, my fandom of Cowboys Football began to percolate back in the year of 2002, sir.

This will be the final time I shall address thee in regard to this specific issue.

See you in the press box this upcoming season.

I'm sorry...no you won't.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Would that be about the time you were still in diapers beav? :lol:
W-Y, Until I Die!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:

This thread was making its way along so swimmingly well...until, well, you can read the thread to see where it turned crooked.

I refuse to indulge my good men, I just refuse.

I simply will not do it.

Don't ask me again.

Now do you see what youth can go and do every now and again?

I forgive the boy, I ask you to forgive him as well.

By the way, that is a hellacious natural rack, if I may say so myself?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:

Lol...no...not even close. haha
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

did we keep the contract with Nike or are we back to New Balance? I think it's good to go back to the uni's of the late 80s and early 90's when we mattered as a football team....I'm ok with it as long as we get to alter the helmet on occassion as well. Brown and Gold all the way!!!!! we still have the best logo on the helmet in the country hands down!!! put the stripe back down the middle on the helmet!!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

please let us be Nike.......they make the best gear and the kids like it.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

Everyone is donning Nike in the videos.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Switching from Nike would be a terrible move. They, Under Armour, and Adidas are the premier equipment providers in the country. If you're not with one of them it screams small time program.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:Switching from Nike would be a terrible move. They, Under Armour, and Adidas are the premier equipment providers in the country. If you're not with one of them it screams small time program.
I don't think it would scream small time program as much as cheap ass program.
I am pretty sure there are non-BCS D1 teams, FCS, D2, Juco, and even high school teams with Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas.

But, yeah if we went back to New Balance, something bad would be happening.
hithere
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:
Like I said, know who you are. Oregon has Nike in their backyard, so thats how they are staying true to who they are. Last I checked, there is no Nike headquarters around Laramie.
Have you ever been to Laramie? And if you haven't that's fine. I hope you're able to make it to some games, experience how great Laramie and Wyoming fans can be and at least be a Cowboy fan for awhile... maybe Bohl will even right the ship and you'll be swayed from being a Craig Bohl fan to a University of Wyoming fan.
joshvanklomp wrote: Wyominians live a more traditionalist, clean-cut lifestyle. They don't get wrapped-up in the hip styles or whats "in" in 2014.
This really did make me laugh, thanks for that. Good stuff. I keep rereading it and cracking up.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

hithere wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Like I said, know who you are. Oregon has Nike in their backyard, so thats how they are staying true to who they are. Last I checked, there is no Nike headquarters around Laramie.
Have you ever been to Laramie? And if you haven't that's fine. I hope you're able to make it to some games, experience how great Laramie and Wyoming fans can be and at least be a Cowboy fan for awhile... maybe Bohl will even right the ship and you'll be swayed from being a Craig Bohl fan to a University of Wyoming fan.
joshvanklomp wrote: Wyominians live a more traditionalist, clean-cut lifestyle. They don't get wrapped-up in the hip styles or whats "in" in 2014.
This really did make me laugh, thanks for that. Good stuff. I keep rereading it and cracking up.
I think that's the first time I have ever been called a "Wyominian". :lol:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

hithere wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
No I haven't been to Laramie. And while I originally came here because Bohl took the job, I'm already starting to see myself as more than just a Bohl fan.

And sorry, I misspoke on accident, calling the locals Wyominians. Will I ever hear the end of it?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I don't think it was a dig. No one besides Oregon gets that level of involvement from Nike , same with Maryland and Under Armour. Traditionalist, ultra conservative people generally yes. Clean cut less so, but what he's saying is embrace tradition and be old school like the population generally wants which is what Bohl is doing.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
hithere wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
No I haven't been to Laramie. And while I originally came here because Bohl took the job, I'm already starting to see myself as more than just a Bohl fan.

And sorry, I misspoke on accident, calling the locals Wyominians. Will I ever hear the end of it?
Nope. Just like WYO1016 will never be able to live down that despite being a big Cowboys fan, and depsite getting it painted this summer, his little camper/motor home is sheep colored.

And like how I'll never be able to live down my name being considered profanity on NCAA Football 2013...