Bohl Interview in Nebraska

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Don't just be a Bohl fan, be a Wyo fan. Come to Laramie, go the the Buckhorn, go tailgate, go eat at Altitudes, stop by the Brown and Gold store, and you will definitely be a Wyoming fan.
I would love to! However, being 700-750 miles away (depending on if I were to take backroads through western Nebraska) and without a vehicle presents a bit of a challenge there.

Bike maybe?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Is Fargo really 750 miles to laramie?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Is Fargo really 750 miles to laramie?
I'm not from Fargo. And its actually 800 miles from Fargo to Laramie.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

It's not like we're all from Laramie. A lot of us aren't even from Wyoming. It's just the two points of reference. And why don't you have a car? Middle America you're not going to get far without one!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:80's butt rock is definitely NOT something to be proud of.

Catchy and fun on occasion? Absolutely.

Awful music. Awful.
I just saw a girl walk by my house in Laramie - maybe two hours ago - wearing short shorts from the 80's. That butt did rock!

Now I can only hope my girlfriend doesn't read these forums - if she does, i'm in trouble.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:One more thing about the uniforms...

I always thought that the NDSU yellow jerseys were the ugliest jerseys. I always hoped they would switch to a green scheme.

The key I was trying to communicate is that Bohl just wants to stay consistent, and know who you are. Like Bohl said in the interview, Wyoming ranchers can identify with the team. They don't buy into all the flashy uniform changes. They want consistency, and hard-nosed football.
They don't care. It is shirts or skins. The important part is being able to distinguish your team from the other team. Anything more than that is flashy.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LasCrucesPoke wrote:It's not like we're all from Laramie. A lot of us aren't even from Wyoming. It's just the two points of reference. And why don't you have a car? Middle America you're not going to get far without one!
I'm from Shoshoni. I've always been a Cowboy! Go Pokes!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

:thumb:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I claim South Dakota as my home state. There are a substantial amount of Pokes out of Western SD, inluding some who post on and read this board.
Herd
Buckaroo

Wow, I can't believe I just read 4 pages of whining about uniforms from you folks. The guy is introducing a culture, an identity, a toughness to cowboy football, and all you seem to care about uniforms and brands? Is this a bunch of woosies on this board or something?

The style of play and the attitude that he is trying to instill in this team is not flavor of the month kind of stuff. And the uniforms shouldn't be either. The sooner you come to grips with that the better. Get on board with defense, running the ball, and a controlled passing game that controls the clock. This style of football works. Too bad Bohl couldn't bring in the NDSU players too so you could have the horses to win in year 1. I would love to see NDSU compete in the MW, but until then, I'll be watching WYO. Get behind this team, and this coach . . . you've learn to love this style of play.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Herd wrote:Wow, I can't believe I just read 4 pages of whining about uniforms from you folks. The guy is introducing a culture, an identity, a toughness to cowboy football, and all you seem to care about uniforms and brands? Is this a bunch of woosies on this board or something?

The style of play and the attitude that he is trying to instill in this team is not flavor of the month kind of stuff. And the uniforms shouldn't be either. The sooner you come to grips with that the better. Get on board with defense, running the ball, and a controlled passing game that controls the clock. This style of football works. Too bad Bohl couldn't bring in the NDSU players too so you could have the horses to win in year 1. I would love to see NDSU compete in the MW, but until then, I'll be watching WYO. Get behind this team, and this coach . . . you've learn to love this style of play.
Geographically and budget speaking, NDSU has a better chance of being in the MAC than the MWC.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Herd wrote:Wow, I can't believe I just read 4 pages of whining about uniforms from you folks. The guy is introducing a culture, an identity, a toughness to cowboy football, and all you seem to care about uniforms and brands? Is this a bunch of woosies on this board or something?

I don't care if they are out there playing in their jock straps, the kind of football I want to see is tough, physical football that knocks the opposing team on their asses, doesn't get pushed all over the field, gets pressure on their QB, and stops the opposing team from setting records on 3rd down conversions.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Welcome to Wyonation! Just as a point of reference, there are many threads on this board, discussing (amongst other things) many different topics. It keeps things fresh and interesting. This one - that we both have posted in now - happens to have a bunch of posts about uniforms. So be it. It is the beauty of a message board. You can talk about ass, uniforms, beer, coaches (past and present), etc.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Welcome to Wyonation! Just as a point of reference, there are many threads on this board, discussing (amongst other things) many different topics. It keeps things fresh and interesting. This one - that we both have posted in now - happens to have a bunch of posts about uniforms. So be it. It is the beauty of a message board. You can talk about ass, uniforms, beer, coaches (past and present), etc.

:thumb:[/quote]

this just watch the "woosie" comments :orly: :thumb: