Walker Madden & McKenna leave?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

billings wrote:Seems some Olineman are pretty happy with the new coaches
I definitely think that if you are rebuilding a team in college, the most important units are the lines. If you can establish dominant lines, those lines will overcome many other deficiencies. IMO, dominant lines will get you bowl eligible. Talent at the other positions gets you into the T25.

Thus, Bohl's philosophy has me excited because I feel that is the best way to establish long-term success. For me, the main worry is that Glenn said much of the same things. I realize that Bohl is not Glenn and Glenn's teams are not an indication of what Bohl will do. Still, I can't help but be a little worried about it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Agree....way easier to be dominant at the FCS level with bigger stronger better players.......I realize that can be developed but only to an extent. That is the huge difference between BCS schools and the rest...they get the dominant linemen. The others must develop. I'm not saying his plan wont work...just saying it is a concern as well.

:twocents:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I agree with what you are saying, but we need to show some patience. Coach Bohl is going about this the right way, but I still think it will take a couple of years. That said, I think you will start seeing improvement this year on defense and even with the loss of Brett Smith we still have some very good offensive weapons on offense. Depth is a concern.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:I agree with what you are saying, but we need to show some patience. Coach Bohl is going about this the right way, but I still think it will take a couple of years. That said, I think you will start seeing improvement this year on defense and even with the loss of Brett Smith we still have some very good offensive weapons on offense. Depth is a concern.
If we give up less than 220 rushing yards per game or less than 260 passing yards per game that means there is improvement somewhere. If we give up less in both departments thats a huge improvement regardless if we win or lose.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

NDSU had a term. "Those who stay will be champions" Bohl put that on wyomings door. These players are embracing that and the tough survive and the weak get flushed out. I have known bohl vigen cooper for 10 years hell yes they swear but they DO NOT CROSS THE LINE OF ABUSE. that's a dam joke slowhand. They are crass, rough and motivating
That's how you win on the field of battle