Walker Madden & McKenna leave?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:
johnywyo wrote:This board is filled with innuendo and total poop, as are most of these forums related to sports.
My sense is get a life and judge the product based on what is delivered. When I was on the sideline of the CSU game last year, with our brethren getting their collective asses kicked I noticed one thing; a bunch of kitty.

Madden was one of the players that Smith was engaged with at a highly emotional level. If you whiners want a Cowboy Tough brand we have to eliminate the patsies and the image that is associated with that outcome. This uniform smack and coaching rumor bs is consistent to my former comment. Get a life and wait till we hit the field for real, in the meantime lets support the effort Bohl and associates are putting forth to make Cowboy Football relevant again.
:thumb:
+1000
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

johnywyo wrote:This board is filled with innuendo and total poop, as are most of these forums related to sports.
My sense is get a life and judge the product based on what is delivered. When I was on the sideline of the CSU game last year, with our brethren getting their collective asses kicked I noticed one thing; a bunch of kitty.

Madden was one of the players that Smith was engaged with at a highly emotional level. If you whiners want a Cowboy Tough brand we have to eliminate the patsies and the image that is associated with that outcome. This uniform smack and coaching rumor bs is consistent to my former comment. Get a life and wait till we hit the field for real, in the meantime lets support the effort Bohl and associates are putting forth to make Cowboy Football relevant again.
Truer words were never uttered... I for one am all for Bohls new "good enough ISNT good enough" mentality. It's obvious our players were soft. They played like it.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Here's another thing bohl did at ndsu.

He would run double reps, 1st O vs 1st D ...then the D runs back and 2nd O goes right at them right away....then rotate it's great to simulate live game action and the speed that's needed to make quick decisions.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

I totally agree with your statement 100%. In particular I remember sitting up in the stands for the CSU game and watching CSU constantly smack us in the mouth and we had NO response. I was shocked as to why we never seemed to have any response to them smacking us time after time, and I do remember sitting there and watching with my binoculars the reaction of the players on the sidelines. Basically they were talking in small groups and/or standing by themselves and there didn't appear to be any emotion, and in fact I saw some players laughing and appearing to be joking around oblivious to what was happening out on the field. That CSU game was the one that really shook my confidence and respect for Christensen I must admit with all candor. I don't want to EVER see a Wyoming team play like that again, and if that means they get tough in practice and hurt a few feelings, so be it.

Christensen said on several occasions that he didn't feel that it was his job to get his players "up" for a game, that good players got themselves prepared for a game. This being a "detached" HC philosophy kind of blew my mind when I heard it coming out of him and when I saw that his teams played with little emotion overall (a few players did and some players didn't) I realized that the program under Christensen was in big trouble. Luckily Burman saw the issues as well and made the change. With changes that he made we knew that there were more changes going to be made. Right now we are in early part of those changes, and the players are seeing them first hand. Some of the players are going to want to be a part of that change and are willing to make the commitment and others aren't. I am interested in the end product not a few ruffled feathers along the way. Obviously the program needed big changes, because the status quo of what we had was mediocrity. I for one am really excited to see a program that actually plays for championships instead of just plays...............

"The people that stay will become Champions"
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

@ChaseAppleby: Got the start today in scrimmage #1! Had alot of fun.

Yup, being abused.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:@ChaseAppleby: Got the start today in scrimmage #1! Had alot of fun.

Yup, being abused.
:thumb:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Let.me.be the first to tell you that another scholarshipped lineman.has.quit today. Hmmmm?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:Let.me.be the first to tell you that another scholarshipped lineman.has.quit today. Hmmmm?
Holy crap....."weak" or not, at this pace Bohl will be doing some summer recruiting for the 2014 season. Who left this time? Can't afford numbers issues at OL.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Really? I'll help him pack. Where's "one smooth douche" at with all the receivers quitting as well. Sack up or move on. Better yet allow less sacks or move on.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:Let.me.be the first to tell you that another scholarshipped lineman.has.quit today. Hmmmm?
Who gives a poop? Why do you insist on trying to make something out of nothing? Aside from Jason Thompson, the team has had very little attrition. Who cares if a couple of dough boy offensive linemen quit? It's what you should expect when you have a team full of candy asses and a tough coach.

Kids will quit on a new coach. It happens every time a new coach is hired. If they can't take it, it's better that they leave.

Keep trying to create some b.s. controversy about a couple of candy asses that couldn't take division one coaching. Keep it in perspective. So far with Jason Thompson leaving, Wyoming has lost about FOUR players since the Bohl hire. That's way low considering how many left when DC or Joe Glenn took over.

Nothing to see here. Quitters quit. End of story.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Really? I'll help him pack. Where's "one smooth douche" at with all the receivers quitting as well. Sack up or move on. Better yet allow less sacks or move on.
Wow, angry and tough guys abound. I am only telling you what transpired. would you rather I not tell you?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Who gives a poop? Why do you insist on trying to make something out of nothing? Aside from Jason Thompson, the team has had very little attrition. Who cares if a couple of dough boy offensive linemen quit? It's what you should expect when you have a team full of candy asses and a tough coach.

Kids will quit on a new coach. It happens every time a new coach is hired. If they can't take it, it's better that they leave.

Keep trying to create some b.s. controversy about a couple of candy asses that couldn't take division one coaching. Keep it in perspective. So far with Jason Thompson leaving, Wyoming has lost about FOUR players since the Bohl hire. That's way low considering how many left when DC or Joe Glenn took over.

Nothing to see here. Quitters quit. End of story.
Not trying to create anything...just telling you what has taken place. You seem to be the one getting all worked up here.
What cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be. Maybe ya all should go out and play for the Pokes. I think I told you that things would get worse before they got better, that s fully expected. The information about the players who have quit is goignto be posted on here by someone.....why not me? :rofl:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slowhand you said "what cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be". Yet you are the one acting all big and mighty. You act like every time someone quits the progam, UW football is doomed, then have to do your douchey "I told you so" act along with it.
Get over yourself...no one cares!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Slowhand you said "what cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be". Yet you are the one acting all big and mighty. You act like every time someone quits the progam, UW football is doomed, then have to do your douchey "I told you so" act along with it.
Get over yourself...no one cares!
Hey Beeve just telling you what happened. would you rather me not say anything?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Y don't you just say which person quit today instead of saying "scholarship offensive linemen"?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Sorry, can't do that as it would jeopardize my standing with the team. Unlike Beeve I have a good relationship with the team. If they realized who I was I couldn't post the insider stuff any longer. Sorry.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Ok, we'll wait a week to get the name.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Probably will come out Monday, unless they talk him out of it. He just said he doesn't like playing anymore. Not blaming Bohl contrary to popular belief here. LOL
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand, your post smacks of I told you so..... the way you use the words "another" and "Hmmmm?" in your post. You couch things as putting all of your sympathy and support with the players leaving rather the ones that are staying and continue to work with this coaching staff. The new OL coach has been an OL player and coach for a number of years, and you are saying that all of a sudden, he is becoming abusive or abrasive after all of these seasons and the players leaving are right and the coach is wrong?

Maybe, just maybe, the players leaving has identified a weak position on the team? A position that recruited guys for one system and some of them doesn't want to change or put the work in to be better in the new system. Did this occur to you, because if it did, it didn't come out in your post? Frankly, I think that the new OL coach has a much better idea of how to be successful at the top level rather than some disgruntled players that don't want to be part of what it takes to be the best that they can be. Going from a spread offense to a pro-style offense is not easy especially for the OL, it means an extra level of intensity in the run game a nastiness that they didn't exhibit under the old coaching staff. If we lose a few more, so be it, because the ones that remain will be the type that can play in Wyoming's new offense.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

It was Connor Riese. It aint a secret.