Incredible in depth look at Wyoming football....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WyoBrandX wrote:Our defense (overall) has been terrible for years. The offense has been gimmicky. What I'm hoping for is the coaches are putting some muscle and mentality into the team. My old coach used to say 'football is 80% mental and 20% physical - it doesn't matter how tough you are when you are hurting your own team.'

We may have a rough year - but I will be much happier losing by 3 points than by 45. I think Bohl and crew will keep us in every game. I think he has the resources to win quite a few of them.

Go Pokes!
You mean "Football is 80% mental and 40% physical!"
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:Our defense (overall) has been terrible for years. The offense has been gimmicky. What I'm hoping for is the coaches are putting some muscle and mentality into the team. My old coach used to say 'football is 80% mental and 20% physical - it doesn't matter how tough you are when you are hurting your own team.'

We may have a rough year - but I will be much happier losing by 3 points than by 45. I think Bohl and crew will keep us in every game. I think he has the resources to win quite a few of them.

Go Pokes!
You mean "Football is 80% mental and 40% physical!"
Haha. No - thats what he would tell us. At the time we would think we needed to be bigger and stronger - and he agreed. He would always tell us we needed to be smarter though. The mentality is what probably kepts us from winning 1A championship that year.