Utah State Game Moved to Friday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: If we weren't in contention that means the team would have just two wins or less on the season up to that point. I see no way the Cowboys have two or fewer wins when that game is played.
Montana and Florida Atlantic are likely wins (I say carefully....knock on wood).....Air Force leans towards the side of a win, but the Wyoming-Air Force series is one of the hardest to predict in the MW. The road team has won how many consecutive times now? At least 4? But Wyoming should be favored....after that, I can very easily make an argument that Wyoming will be underdogs against Oregon, Michigan State, Hawaii, San Jose State, Colorado State, and Fresno State....the remaining opponents. That's 6 opponents right there. So yes, there is absolutely a possibility the team is out of bowl contention by the Utah State game. Will it happen? How the hell would we know? I know you're fairly new to WyoNation Josh, but this is the board where bad things were expected in 2011 (finished 8-4) and people were talking undefeated season in 2012 (3-9). Wyoming fans? Not the best predictors of Wyoming football.

But to say there is zero chance of that happening? I'd be willing to bet Vegas will see things differently.
Thanks, I didn't know about the bolded.

I've been called an optimist and even homerish at times when it comes to my teams, but I see good things coming from Coach Bohl. There were times I had to do the same convincing on the Nebraska hoops forum, where a good percentage of fans were skeptical about the hire. They said he couldn't recruit at that level, win in the Big Ten, I heard it all. I knew Miles had what it takes to inject life into that program, and I know Bohl has it as well.

I don't care about what happened in the past. Neither does Coach Bohl. I think a lot of fans will be surprised with how fast a turnaround can happen.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: If we weren't in contention that means the team would have just two wins or less on the season up to that point. I see no way the Cowboys have two or fewer wins when that game is played.
Montana and Florida Atlantic are likely wins (I say carefully....knock on wood).....Air Force leans towards the side of a win, but the Wyoming-Air Force series is one of the hardest to predict in the MW. The road team has won how many consecutive times now? At least 4? But Wyoming should be favored....after that, I can very easily make an argument that Wyoming will be underdogs against Oregon, Michigan State, Hawaii, San Jose State, Colorado State, and Fresno State....the remaining opponents. That's 6 opponents right there. So yes, there is absolutely a possibility the team is out of bowl contention by the Utah State game. Will it happen? How the hell would we know? I know you're fairly new to WyoNation Josh, but this is the board where bad things were expected in 2011 (finished 8-4) and people were talking undefeated season in 2012 (3-9). Wyoming fans? Not the best predictors of Wyoming football.

But to say there is zero chance of that happening? I'd be willing to bet Vegas will see things differently. I could honestly see anything from 2-7 to 5-4 at that point.
Hawaii? Really? 0-11 first season we beat them with a defense that gave them a score every drive. I'm more confident we win that game over the Florida game. SJS & FRS both lost QB's and Receivers they sure won't be putting up those huge numbers with new QB's.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Anyone who is referencing what happened during DC's tenure to predict this year need to stop. There will be very little resemblance of last years team in this years team.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:Anyone who is referencing what happened during DC's tenure to predict this year need to stop. There will be very little resemblance of last years team in this years team.
It's not just the DC years that are making people skeptical...it's all the years.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Anyone who is referencing what happened during DC's tenure to predict this year need to stop. There will be very little resemblance of last years team in this years team.
It's not just the DC years that are making people skeptical...it's all the years.
Since 2000. :roll: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!