Utah State Game Moved to Friday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://www.themw.com/#!/news-detail/mw_ ... -14_uand3a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....and will be on ESPN2!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Sweet.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Mark my words, that will be the lowest attended game of the season. Tailgating is also going to be nonexistent. Terrible move.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote:Mark my words, that will be the lowest attended game of the season. Tailgating is also going to be nonexistent. Terrible move.
But we get an extra $500,000 for it.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That and the game is in November....its going to be lowly attended no matter what.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/454316113803759617 http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 6ee57.html

Fri., Sept. 5 | Washington State at Nevada | 7:30 p.m. PT | ESPN or ESPN2

Fri., Sept. 12 | Northern Illinois at UNLV | 7 p.m. PT | CBSSN

Fri., Sept. 26 | Fresno State at New Mexico | 6 p.m. MT | ESPN or ESPN2

Fri., Oct. 3 | San Diego State at Fresno State | 7 p.m. PT | CBSSN

Fri., Oct. 10 | San Diego State at New Mexico | 7:30 p.m. MT | ESPNU

Fri., Oct. 17 | Fresno State at Boise State | 6 p.m. MT | ESPN

Fri., Oct. 24 | BYU at Boise State | 7 p.m. MT | ESPN or ESPN2

Fri., Nov. 7 | Utah State at Wyoming | 6 p.m. MT | ESPN2

Fri., Nov. 21 | Air Force at San Diego State | 6:30 p.m. PT | CBSSN

Fri., Nov. 21 | San José State at Utah State | 7:30 p.m. MT | ESPN2

Fri., Nov. 28 | Colorado State at Air Force | 1:30 p.m. MT | CBSSN
OneMoreBeer
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Mark my words, that will be the lowest attended game of the season. Tailgating is also going to be nonexistent. Terrible move.
$300,000 bonus. Only get $500K for Saturday games.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

OneMoreBeer wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Still, it is a bonus.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:That and the game is in November....its going to be lowly attended no matter what.
Not when we are 9-0, having plucked the Ducks in Eugene and put a thorn in the defending Rose Bowl champs in East Lansing. I expect a solid 23,000 that night :P
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

wyopokes2 wrote:Not when we are 9-0, having plucked the Ducks in Eugene and put a thorn in the defending Rose Bowl champs in East Lansing. I expect a solid 23,000 that night :P
Sweet signature!

And LOL...of course. :cool:

Here's hoping the team is still in contention for a bowl game at that point....if they aren't, attendance for this game could be brutal.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think it depends on how the team is doing. Thursday/Friday night games aren't good for Wyoming...but the attendance can be decent if the Pokes are playing well.......and especially if the game has any meaning.
OneMoreBeer
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:
OneMoreBeer wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Still, it is a bonus.
Definitely! We'll take all we can get.

Has Wyoming ever played a Friday game? Pretty sure we've never had a Friday game at home. As others have mentioned, attendance will largely be driven by how well the season's going up to that point, but I'd think that a Friday night game would be better attended than a Thursday night game.

That weekend is also the same as the high school football playoffs semi-final games. That could also effect attendance.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There's more money in not having any games scheduled for t.v. early. That way the broadcast partners have flexibility to add your games during the season. It pays more, or at least it did last year.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

espn strikes again.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Here's hoping the team is still in contention for a bowl game at that point....if they aren't, attendance for this game could be brutal.
I see zero chance that they're not in contention for a bowl game at that point
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LKGates
Ranch Hand

Utah State fan here.

WOO HOO! We are STOKED for this game! I love the idea of Bridger's Battle on national TV, with little or no competition. This is going to be great exposure for two teams on the rise. I expect both teams to be bowl eligible. I'm hoping the Mountain Division championship gets decided in Laramie this year.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: I see zero chance that they're not in contention for a bowl game at that point
There are absolutely 6 games that Wyoming could lose before that November 7th game. Not sure if they will win/lose those games, but zero chance? That's a hyperbolic comment.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

This is Wyoming, Josh. There's ALWAYS a chance we're not in contention for a bowl game. :D
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:This is Wyoming, Josh. There's ALWAYS a chance we're not in contention for a bowl game. :D
If we weren't in contention that means the team would have just two wins or less on the season up to that point. I see no way the Cowboys have two or fewer wins when that game is played.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: If we weren't in contention that means the team would have just two wins or less on the season up to that point. I see no way the Cowboys have two or fewer wins when that game is played.
Montana and Florida Atlantic are likely wins (I say carefully....knock on wood).....Air Force leans towards the side of a win, but the Wyoming-Air Force series is one of the hardest to predict in the MW. The road team has won how many consecutive times now? At least 4? But Wyoming should be favored....after that, I can very easily make an argument that Wyoming will be underdogs against Oregon, Michigan State, Hawaii, San Jose State, Colorado State, and Fresno State....the remaining opponents. That's 6 opponents right there. So yes, there is absolutely a possibility the team is out of bowl contention by the Utah State game. Will it happen? How the hell would we know? I know you're fairly new to WyoNation Josh, but this is the board where bad things were expected in 2011 (finished 8-4) and people were talking undefeated season in 2012 (3-9). Wyoming fans? Not the best predictors of Wyoming football.

But to say there is zero chance of that happening? I'd be willing to bet Vegas will see things differently. I could honestly see anything from 2-7 to 5-4 at that point.