2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Beav, I swear, you seem to be bipolar. One post you'll be saying that we'll be a top level team and everything is going our way, the next, the world may as well be ending.
I actually haven't posted anything positive about the football team in a while.
I mean in general.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Do you guys not realize Cade has offers from half the Pac12 already?
He is not coming to Wyoming...jesus...and you guys thought I was the blind optimist?

Cade would easily play for Utah before Wyo because of 2 things...1-DC...2-PAC12!

Wyo is in the MWC people wake up.

Cade is very highly ranked recruit and can play almost anywhere in the Pac12 he wants...not to mention other BCS programs have already offered him.

Why in the HELL would he come here?
He does? No website has him with any offers other than Wyoming. A couple of months ago his dad tweeted something about it looking like some schools are once again going to let a smit through their fingers. I assume he was talking the Oregon schools and probably other pac schools.
I would love to have him on our squad even with the shift to a pro style offense. A mobile qb is always a plus and I am sure the coaches would put in some runs for him if he has the ability to run.
Maybe I am wrong but did his dad not post a picture of all the offers he's gotten? Or was it just letters?
Didn't Nebraska send him one after the Wyo-Nebraska game?

If they weren't offers, but just letters of interest then I apologize. It would be good for Wyo if Cade came here, but if Cade is indeed better than Brett, I just don't see Cade coming here. DC at Utah (or where ever he may be) will likely go after Cade.
Does the Smith family still have a good connection with DC?
Does the Smith family have a good connection with Wyoming and Bohl?

I know that Oregon can get whoever they want to play QB so I can see why they wouldn't offer Cade. Hell, why offer the 4 star when you can get the 5 star?

Oregon State has Mannion who is a senior this year, but Luke Del Rio transferred there from Alabama and should be an early favorite to replace Mannion in 2015. The Beavs also have some other good QBs on the roster.

I want Cade to end up at Wyo or OS but I am under the impression that Cade is getting offers from teams in bigger conferences than the MWC.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

It was a letter of interest from Nebraska, otherwise, I don't remember anything else coming close.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Those bigger schools have more "sure things" to offer. Cade might be better than Brett but Brett didn't have dick poop for offers . It doesn't really surprise me that he doesn't have more. We only know about Brett in hindsight. We were all on the Pittser train
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Those bigger schools have more "sure things" to offer. Cade might be better than Brett but Brett didn't have dick poop for offers . It doesn't really surprise me that he doesn't have more. We only know about Brett in hindsight. We were all on the Pittser train
And to be fair....having seen Cade's tape....I'm not anywhere ready to claim he's better than Brett. I think his ceiling is becoming Brett take two.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

-Utah State, Washington State, and Colorado have contacted.
-There is a gray football field in the background.
-Utah State, Montana, Montana State will visit Cade soon.
-Cade wants to visit Logan this summer.
-Overall, I get the feeling from this interview that either Bohl isn't all that interested in Cade, or vice-versa.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Iowa Western Community College, where Malkaam Muhammad came from
https://twitter.com/reiverfootball/stat ... 6071670786
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:

-Utah State, Washington State, and Colorado have contacted.
-There is a gray football field in the background.
-Utah State, Montana, Montana State will visit Cade soon.
-Cade wants to visit Logan this summer.
-Overall, I get the feeling from this interview that either Bohl isn't all that interested in Cade, or vice-versa.
While he might be more comfortable with the Spread a Pro style would translate to the NFL better and I think he would already have learned that from Brett. But definitely sounds like there is zero if any Wyoming interest at this time anyway.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: While he might be more comfortable with the Spread a Pro style would translate to the NFL better and I think he would already have learned that from Brett. But definitely sounds like there is zero if any Wyoming interest at this time anyway.
Yep...If I had to "crystal ball" him like the guys at 247sports do, I'd predict he ends up at Utah State.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Bohl would be a fool to not atleast shake Cade's tree and see what falls out.... That kid will be good
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

jarhead wrote:Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
Very poor move. The staff will regret it if he ends up at Utah State.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

WYO1016 wrote:
jarhead wrote:Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
I agree this is a bad move. And not just because he is the little brother of a former Wyoming player - but that certainly is part of it.

Then again, we have 3 years of Aaron Young - so who needs him. :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
I agree this is a bad move. And not just because he is the little brother of a former Wyoming player - but that certainly is part of it.

Then again, we have 3 years of Aaron Young - so who needs him. :whistle:
Haha that was low. But I do agree that this is a terrible move. He would have been a great cowboy.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Well that sucks. And a big mistake. By all accounts, he's better than Brett, and that's saying something.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Well I would bet that we are all going to get to see what kind of a QB he is. I would put my money on Utah State. I think the Pokes are going to regret this one.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Are you kidding me? We can go out and spend a valuable scholarship on Aaron Young and we pull Smiths offer??? WTF I am beginning to wonder about the new regime's recruiting approach. Maybe we need DC to offer Bohl some advice about QB's that is the one position he was pretty good at recruiting.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Cue the NDSU "Bohl walks on water" fans in 3....2.....1...... :popcorn:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can't take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
Good post.

I realize we don't know all the ins & outs, and there are always 2 sides, but as it was reported above (offer pulled) I would call this a decent-sized strike against Bohl, unless he has some 5* is in his back pocket or similar.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...