2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Mike Vorel's Recruiting Document

2015 Commit List

NR: No Rating
#NR: No Ranking
#00: Position Ranking, example: #34 means the player is ranked as the 34th best player at their specific position.

SS/LB Kevin Prosser Gateway HS, Colorado
(Scout.com: #NR ImageImage Rivals: #NR ImageImage 247sports: #NR NR ESPN: #NR NR)

WR C.J. Johnson Bellevue West Sr. HS, Nebraska
(Scout.com: #NR ImageImage Rivals: #74 ImageImageImage 247sports: #157 ImageImageImage ESPN: #NR NR)

RB Kellen Overstreet Penney HS, Missouri
(Scout.com: #NR ImageImageImage Rivals: #NR ImageImage 247sports: #NR NR ESPN: #NR NR)

ATH Dameko Doddles Douglass HS, Oklahoma
(Scout.com: #NR NR Rivals: #NR NR 247sports: #NR NR ESPN: #NR NR)

DT Youhanna Ghaifan Central Catholic HS, Nebraska (Scout.com: #NR NR Rivals: #NR ImageImage 247sports #NR NR ESPN: #NR NR)

----------------
Last edited by J-Rod on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://twitter.com/BrandonHuffman/stat ... 4460736512 Butler's Scout.com Profile

Offering first is important. Butler will keep Wyoming in mind until the end just for that.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Reading that Cade Smith only has one offer: Wyoming.....but is hearing a lot from Utah State, Washington State, and Colorado. Wazzu may even offer if Tyler Hillinski looks elsewhere.

But to this point....it appears the Oregon schools are ignoring the Smith family once again. If I had to pick a school, I think Utah State is the next to offer.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:Reading that Cade Smith only has one offer: Wyoming.....but is hearing a lot from Utah State, Washington State, and Colorado. Wazzu may even offer if Tyler Hillinski looks elsewhere.

But to this point....it appears the Oregon schools are ignoring the Smith family once again. If I had to pick a school, I think Utah State is the next to offer.
I wonder if DC will try his hand at Cade? I wonder what the Smith's family really feels about DC. He obviously gave Brett a chance when no one else did....but he was a tool that as the season progressed made Brett do things that hurt his form and stuff. He made Brett take his foot off the pedal and led to losses and stuff like that, that helped keep BS obscure in the public's eye. hmmm.....
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Reading that Cade Smith only has one offer: Wyoming.....but is hearing a lot from Utah State, Washington State, and Colorado. Wazzu may even offer if Tyler Hillinski looks elsewhere.

I wonder if DC will try his hand at Cade? I wonder what the Smith's family really feels about DC. He obviously gave Brett a chance when no one else did....but he was a tool that as the season progressed made Brett do things that hurt his form and stuff. He made Brett take his foot off the pedal and led to losses and stuff like that, that helped keep BS obscure in the public's eye. hmmm.....
Call me crazy but I think the Smith family would be more likely to follow DC than to stay loyal to Wyo.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Who knows where DC's next gig will be after they all get poop canned this year. You'd think UU would offer cade and if smith family was loyal, he'd verbal.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Who knows where DC's next gig will be after they all get poop canned this year. You'd think UU would offer cade and if smith family was loyal, he'd verbal.
Why wouldn't Cade want to see what other offers he can get?
Just because Brett came to Wyoming to play for DC does not in any way mean Cade, who is supposed to be better, should go play for Utah. Cade might end up being a 3 or 4 year starter at Oregon. Why would you pass up on your favorite team to play for the guy who coached your brother at one point?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: Why wouldn't Cade want to see what other offers he can get?
Just because Brett came to Wyoming to play for DC does not in any way mean Cade, who is supposed to be better, should go play for Utah. Cade might end up being a 3 or 4 year starter at Oregon. Why would you pass up on your favorite team to play for the guy who coached your brother at one point?
The Ducks are going to have to whiff on a lot of QB recruits to offer Cade. That offer seems highly unlikely IMO. Oregon State maybe....possibly. But Oregon is after bigger fish.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Let us hope we do not lose out to USU on Cade.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I don't see us pursuing Cade since he is a dual threat QB is he not? Doesn't really fit into Bohl's system.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

HR_Poke wrote:I don't see us pursuing Cade since he is a dual threat QB is he not? Doesn't really fit into Bohl's system.
He'd fit fine in Bohls' system if he plays like Brett. Brett is less of a true dual threat and more of a pocket passer that will take off if the play breaks down.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:I don't see us pursuing Cade since he is a dual threat QB is he not? Doesn't really fit into Bohl's system.
He'd fit fine in Bohls' system if he plays like Brett. Brett is less of a true dual threat and more of a pocket passer that will take off if the play breaks down.
I think playing under Coach Bohl would make the transition to pro ball easier than it would be under a spread offense coach.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

WYO1016 wrote:
Most QB's would fit in Bohls system. Its the same reason SDSU could plug in a walk on at QB and still win. It doesn't rely on talent. Cade would benefit from playing under Bohl's system but is the team going to benefit from re purposing a dual threat QB? They already pulled the offer from that dual threat guy last year. I doubt they push really hard for Cade.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Do you guys not realize Cade has offers from half the Pac12 already?
He is not coming to Wyoming...jesus...and you guys thought I was the blind optimist?

Cade would easily play for Utah before Wyo because of 2 things...1-DC...2-PAC12!

Wyo is in the MWC people wake up.

Cade is very highly ranked recruit and can play almost anywhere in the Pac12 he wants...not to mention other BCS programs have already offered him.

Why in the HELL would he come here?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Scout and ESPN list Wyoming as Cade's only offer.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Beav, I swear, you seem to be bipolar. One post you'll be saying that we'll be a top level team and everything is going our way, the next, the world may as well be ending.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Scout and ESPN list Wyoming as Cade's only offer.
Yeah....from all that I've gathered, Wyoming is it....unless you know more than we do BP. All indications are its Wyoming only, and Utah State is the next to offer.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:Do you guys not realize Cade has offers from half the Pac12 already?
He is not coming to Wyoming...jesus...and you guys thought I was the blind optimist?

Cade would easily play for Utah before Wyo because of 2 things...1-DC...2-PAC12!

Wyo is in the MWC people wake up.

Cade is very highly ranked recruit and can play almost anywhere in the Pac12 he wants...not to mention other BCS programs have already offered him.

Why in the HELL would he come here?
He does? No website has him with any offers other than Wyoming. A couple of months ago his dad tweeted something about it looking like some schools are once again going to let a smit through their fingers. I assume he was talking the Oregon schools and probably other pac schools.
I would love to have him on our squad even with the shift to a pro style offense. A mobile qb is always a plus and I am sure the coaches would put in some runs for him if he has the ability to run.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Scout and ESPN list Wyoming as Cade's only offer.
Damn that gif is nice, thanks for brightening my day!

Back to the topic, I want whomever gives the best chance for winning whoever's name be on the back of the jersey, but I would like to still have my 16 Smith jersey be relevant for the next few years lol
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Beav, I swear, you seem to be bipolar. One post you'll be saying that we'll be a top level team and everything is going our way, the next, the world may as well be ending.
I actually haven't posted anything positive about the football team in a while.