2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Dang!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bartlett go upgraded to being the #65 OLB nationally. If he commits to Wyoming, he would be the highest-rated recruit Wyoming has landed since ACS.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wow. C'mon Bartlett! You know you want to come here!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Wow. C'mon Bartlett! You know you want to come here!
Recruiting rankings haven't been around long...but dating back to 2000...Wyoming has VERY few players who ranked in the Top 100 at their position (one of those few happened to be Brett Smith). Bartlett would be a massive get. He's IS going see more offers come...Utah will be a non-factor eventually. Bohl will have to sell him on staying home. Won't be easy, but just from the interviews I've seen of Tevis, I get the feeling his Top 3 will be Powerhouse, Powerhouse, and Wyoming.

If I had to guess....Oregon, Stanford, Wyoming will be the final contenders.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Wow. C'mon Bartlett! You know you want to come here!
Recruiting rankings haven't been around long...but dating back to 2000...Wyoming has VERY few players who ranked in the Top 100 at their position (one of those few happened to be Brett Smith). Bartlett would be a massive get. He's IS going see more offers come...Utah will be a non-factor eventually. Bohl will have to sell him on staying home. Won't be easy, but just from the interviews I've seen of Tevis, I get the feeling his Top 3 will be Powerhouse, Powerhouse, and Wyoming.

If I had to guess....Oregon, Stanford, Wyoming will be the final contenders.
The fact that Wyo is still a possibility is huge for us. Taven Bryan saw the SEC offer and committed. Oregon and Stanford are up there in terms of powerhouse with Florida. Wyo was an afterthought pretty quick for him.

Wyo needs to play well this season and show Bartlett why he should come here.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 46b93.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WR CJ JOHNSON COMMITS Bellevue NB
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

For a team supposedly going back to more traditional looks, the recruiting staff sure likes using Wyoming's many helmet/uniform combinations in these posters.
https://twitter.com/nelala_bdl/status/4 ... 5986689024
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Wyoming offer TE BEN ELLEFSON 6 4 220 chose NDSU tonight.

Ellefson had Division I offers from NDSU, New Mexico, Air Force, Fordham and Wyoming.

Ellefson said his top three were NDSU, SDSU and Wyoming, but the decision came down to NDSU and Wyoming, which is coached by former NDSU head coach Craig Bohl.

“It was a big decision between NDSU and Wyoming,” Ellefson said. “That’s what it came down to for me. Thinking of the pros and cons, NDSU had more pros than Wyoming and SDSU

http://www.inforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says he grew up a ndsu fan so probably was the main reason
Hayduke
Cowpoke

lakesbison wrote:Wyoming offer TE BEN ELLEFSON 6 4 220 chose NDSU tonight.

Ellefson had Division I offers from NDSU, New Mexico, Air Force, Fordham and Wyoming.

Ellefson said his top three were NDSU, SDSU and Wyoming, but the decision came down to NDSU and Wyoming, which is coached by former NDSU head coach Craig Bohl.

“It was a big decision between NDSU and Wyoming,” Ellefson said. “That’s what it came down to for me. Thinking of the pros and cons, NDSU had more pros than Wyoming and SDSU

http://www.inforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says he grew up a ndsu fan so probably was the main reason

Good.

We don't want him puking all over Prexy's because he can't hang at the FBS level.

Let him go to the lower tier with the other mutts.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Really sounds like Tevis Bartlett is impressing everywhere this summer. This kid is a dark horse to be the best recruit the state of Wyoming has ever produced.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Kellen Overstreet:

@TKOverstreet29: I have decided to verbally commit to the University of Wyoming!! #GoPokes!

Isn't he the RB with ridiculous numbers last season?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Kellen Overstreet:

@TKOverstreet29: I have decided to verbally commit to the University of Wyoming!! #GoPokes!

Isn't he the RB with ridiculous numbers last season?
http://www.mwcconnection.com/mountain-w ... overstreet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

3,000 yards RUSHING? Damn.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

It looked to me like opposing teams weren't too eager to tackle him on his highlight film. He looks to be very athletic.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:It looked to me like opposing teams weren't too eager to tackle him on his highlight film. He looks to be very athletic.
Well, is it not Bohl's vision to eventually control the line of scrimmage? Mow the opposing defense down? With the O-Line being such an important emphasis, I like the idea of a RB who knows how to get those yards.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Just overhauled the original post....updated with the star ratings and highlights. Click the players name for their HUDL tape...star ratings are based on the judgments of each of the four major recruiting outlets; Scout, Rivals, 247sports, and ESPN.

Based on the recruiting rankings...C.J. Johnson is Wyoming's best recruit so far. He'll be the one Bohl and co. will have to fend off other schools for.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Not much on him. hudl lists him as 6'0 215lbs Athlete.