2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

tweaked wrote:Yep. Agreed. Same system. So it makes sense. But different level. So we should win most of these head-to-head battles.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe NDSU can offer a better scholarship package. Maybe NDSU has better program the recruit wants to major in. Maybe NDSU just feels right. Maybe NDSU can offer quicker playing time.

There are a number of reasons why a recruit picks a particular school. It's not all about the level the school is at.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Maybe they want to play FCS
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
tweaked wrote:Yep. Agreed. Same system. So it makes sense. But different level. So we should win most of these head-to-head battles.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe NDSU can offer a better scholarship package. Maybe NDSU has better program the recruit wants to major in. Maybe NDSU just feels right. Maybe NDSU can offer quicker playing time.

There are a number of reasons why a recruit picks a particular school. It's not all about the level the school is at.

I agree. It is probably a factor to a certain degree with some kids, but with others, it is not.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

6'2 215lbs? Good sized player. WR or Safety?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Though Pogi is listed on most recruiting sites as an athlete, Wyoming is recruiting him as a defensive end. The 6-2, 215-pound player is also capable of playing running back, fullback, tight end and wide receiver on the offensive end.

If he were to commit to Wyoming, Pogi could potentially fill the void left by another Oklahoma native, Sonny Puletasi, who will graduate this year. Puletasi played at Lawton High School with Pogi's uncle, so Wyoming's senior defensive end is a friend of the family.

http://trib.com/news/opinion/blogs/cowb ... c90bf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Welcome, Pogi! Let's get to work!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Welcome! Needs to put on like 25lbs to be an effective DE though.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Wyoming got a Putnam City Pirate. Interesting. I graduated from Putnam City North so I know about PC Original.

He'll do well at UW.

Thankfully Bohl hasn't gone after any Putnam City West kids., PCW is by far the worst football program in the state of Oklahoma since I moved here in 1991!!!!

Putnam City is just the name of a school district. There is no Putnam City, Oklahoma.

Just a FYI for y'all.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cameron Haney would be a big get for Wyoming.
https://twitter.com/_camknows/status/544323553718317056
tweaked
Ranch Hand

Sure, lots of things enter into a recruits decision, of course. But usually, if you're an athlete, you want to compete at the highest level possible. It's one variable. But it's an important one. And UW beats NDSU on this variable. Again we should win most of the recruiting battles with NDSU. All? Of course not. As you say different individuals have different criteria. But we should win most of em. Actually, if Bohl turns this program around the way I think he will, I hope we'll be winning our fair share of battles with the Boises, SDSUs, and CSUs of the world as well.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Haney would be a good get, but he has a lot of good offers.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Haney would be a good get, but he has a lot of good offers.
This is why I'm saying he would be a big get....Haney is a victim of waiting too long to commit. He's worthy of offers from Washington, Washington State, Boise, etc, but those offers have dried up because he waited too long (meaning those schools got their CB(s) for this class already). If Wyoming gets him, that's the best recruit this program has nabbed in years. Legitimate stud corner.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Haney would be a good get, but he has a lot of good offers.
This is why I'm saying he would be a big get....Haney is a victim of waiting too long to commit. He's worthy of offers from Washington, Washington State, Boise, etc, but those offers have dried up because he waited too long (meaning those schools got their CB(s) for this class already). If Wyoming gets him, that's the best recruit this program has nabbed in years. Legitimate stud corner.
I hope he comes to wyo then.
I just hope he isn't a stud then transfer player.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Casper star reporting that we have signed a kicker. Jon coppens from texas
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Casper star reporting that we have signed a kicker. Jon coppens from texas
Hopefully he can kick it out of the end zone.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Offers from Rice and Cornell. So we know the kid is pretty smart. Which is always a good thing, let's just hope his leg is as good as his IQ is.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Casper star reporting that we have signed a kicker. Jon coppens from texas
Not going to lie, Little surprised we signed him. He is a top 10 kicker in the country according to 24/7 sports. I've seen his youtube videos from the last few years. He has 70+ yard kick offs in Texas and was missing 70 yard field goals by 5-10 yards and he carries a 4.0 GPA so he obviously won't be trouble.

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
Not going to lie, Little surprised we signed him. He is a top 10 kicker in the country according to 24/7 sports. I've seen his youtube videos from the last few years. He has 70+ yard kick offs in Texas and was missing 70 yard field goals by 5-10 yards and he carries a 4.0 GPA so he obviously won't be trouble.

MAKING not missing, right?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

MAKING not missing, right?
No, Missing 70 yard field goals in high school by 5-10 yards. He had the accuracy just not the distance. There is nothing wrong with coming up short on 70 and hitting everything around 60. He has plenty time in college to strengthen that leg.