2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

he doesn't look 265 in that pic....these numbers inflated or possibly older pic?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BJC wrote:he doesn't look 265 in that pic....these numbers inflated or possibly older pic?
You can't see his giant feet in that picture.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Can't confirm if he's been offered, but Wyoming is recruiting a LB out of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho named Drew Berger. #18 ranked MLB nationally in this class.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://rivals.yahoo.com/colorado/footb ... ett-160181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to Rivals, Bartlett has offers from all three schools. Would be great to keep him home.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:https://rivals.yahoo.com/colorado/footb ... ett-160181

According to Rivals, Bartlett has offers from all three schools. Would be great to keep him home.
Did you notice who is recruiting him to CSU?
Marty English. Man oh man I bet he wants to steal a Wyo kid for the Sheep.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Did you notice who is recruiting him to CSU?
Based on this article, I would't bet on it. He seems to like CU, but Wyoming is throwing the kitchen sink at him.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_25297328/col ... ayer-tevis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Based on this article, I would't bet on it. He seems to like CU, but Wyoming is throwing the kitchen sink at him.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_25297328/col ... ayer-tevis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I were him I would go to CU.
He grew up watching Wyo football suck. Yes he grew up watching CSU, and CU football suck too, but the difference between CU and Wyo/CSU? BCS. If he has been following how the split in college football is coming, he would be smart to go to a Pac12 school over a MWC school.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:If I were him I would go to CU.
He grew up watching Wyo football suck. Yes he grew up watching CSU, and CU football suck too, but the difference between CU and Wyo/CSU? BCS. If he has been following how the split in college football is coming, he would be smart to go to a Pac12 school over a MWC school.
lol that's a glass half empty take, but one that has credence. Washington State beats out non-P5 schools for recruits all the time even though Pullman is a hell hole. Why? That Pac-12 logo, that's why. Colorado is no better than Wyoming right now, all they have is a crest on their jerseys that has far more credibility than the MW's. But that's a big deal in recruiting....

The coaches just have to keep at it. I expect Kevin Prosser's recruitment to eventually heat up....he's a Wyoming commit for now, and its based on persistence. The staff outworked its competitors. If I'm Bohl.....I'd bombard Tevis with attention. It works! Fresno landed a high-end 3-Star LB who had many Pac-12 offers....why? They gave him the most attention. Boise got a 4-Star TE who had SEC, Pac-12, Big XII, etc. offers by doing the same. At the end of the day....these are still 17-18 year old kids. Pamper them enough, and they just might drink the kool aid.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:He grew up watching Wyo football suck.
Believe it or not, some people actually see something like that as an opportunity to be a part of turning a program around. :o Shocking, I know.

I know that doesn't fall under the whole "the sky is falling, Wyoming sucks" narrative that is most common around these parts, but I just wanted to point that out.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

If I were him I would go to CU.
Wyoming is the only school on the list that offers wrestling. He will graduate as one on the best ever wrestlers out of the State of Wyoming. I know that you probably could not understand, but the desire a wrestler has to continue to compete is very strong. Hoffschneider proved that an athlete can be successful at both sports at Wyoming.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If he truly wants to continue his wrestling career than we have more than just csu and cu to worry about. He may only have a few football offers (so far), but you can believe he's got a whole bunch of wrestling offers. Now if he wants to do both...that could help our chances. Although something tells me that most head coaches aren't going to want their QB out wrestling in the off-season, but ya never know...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:He grew up watching Wyo football suck.
Believe it or not, some people actually see something like that as an opportunity to be a part of turning a program around. :o Shocking, I know.

I know that doesn't fall under the whole "the sky is falling, Wyoming sucks" narrative that is most common around these parts, but I just wanted to point that out.
Well said.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:If he truly wants to continue his wrestling career than we have more than just csu and cu to worry about. He may only have a few football offers (so far), but you can believe he's got a whole bunch of wrestling offers. Now if he wants to do both...that could help our chances. Although something tells me that most head coaches aren't going to want their QB out wrestling in the off-season, but ya never know...
In an interview that I believe was posted on intermat, Bartlett stated that he wants to go to a school where he can play football. He also stated that he hopes to continue his wrestling career. Wyoming is probably one of the very few schools that would/could recruit him for both sports.

Personally, I think it would be great to see him at safety or linebacker and on the wrestling team. Having Ben Stroh as a workout partner could turn him into one hell of a college wrestler.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:If he truly wants to continue his wrestling career than we have more than just csu and cu to worry about. He may only have a few football offers (so far), but you can believe he's got a whole bunch of wrestling offers. Now if he wants to do both...that could help our chances. Although something tells me that most head coaches aren't going to want their QB out wrestling in the off-season, but ya never know...
You also have to remember that a football scholarship typically covers more than a wrestling scholarship. Teams are limited to 10 wrestling scholarships which are generally allocated among 20 or so wrestlers. By rule, football scholarships are full.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:
You also have to remember that a football scholarship typically covers more than a wrestling scholarship. Teams are limited to 10 wrestling scholarships which are generally allocated among 20 or so wrestlers. By rule, football scholarships are full.
Oh, I'm well aware (9.9 for wrestling technically), which again stresses my point where a football coach probably won't want his full-ride athletes competing in another sport where they are receiving little to no scholarship monies (obviously none since they are already on full ride) and a much higher chance of injury. But again, if that's what it takes to get him here, go for it.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Brett's dad wrote on twitter than Cal and Boise have been to Salem...and Wyo will be there next week.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Brett's dad wrote on twitter than Cal and Boise have been to Salem...and Wyo will be there next week.
At least Bohl is looking into Cade.