2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Dude is SKINNY. But I like it!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

He may be skinny now, but he has a frame he can grow into. Can't wait for Duval to get his hands on this kid!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wow, another kicker. Looks like we will have two freshmen vying for the place kicking duties. I like it.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

This is kind of odd... we're beating out legit teams for kids who aren't from this area?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Welcome to the program, new recruits! Something truly special is brewing with Cowboy football. Good to have you aboard.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

6'4? Wow. And 210lbs. Good size for a reciever, if a little under weight for an OLB. Though Rivals shows him committed to Central Michigan.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... orn-165048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:6'4? Wow. And 210lbs. Good size for a reciever, if a little under weight for an OLB. Though Rivals shows him committed to Central Michigan.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... orn-165048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CMU's head coach went to Arkansas. Same reason why safety Tyrone Miller was visiting this weekend. He was a CMU commit as well. Now he's hearing from both us and Kansas.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I really, really hope that every last commit from here on out is an interior lineman. This class is light on the beef.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote:I really, really hope that every last commit from here on out is an interior lineman. This class is light on the beef.
The nice thing is that we only lost one guy on each line to graduation and we have some young guys on both lines that should be able to take over.

These lighter guys can often times develop into better players once they grow into their bodies, but bigger programs pass over them because they aren't ready to contribute immediately or aren't perceived to be big enough to play at this level.

Granderson I could really see developing into a good pass rusher once he adds a little meat on his bones.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Cowduck wrote:I really, really hope that every last commit from here on out is an interior lineman. This class is light on the beef.
The nice thing is that we only lost one guy on each line to graduation and we have some young guys on both lines that should be able to take over.

These lighter guys can often times develop into better players once they grow into their bodies, but bigger programs pass over them because they aren't ready to contribute immediately or aren't perceived to be big enough to play at this level.

Granderson I could really see developing into a good pass rusher once he adds a little meat on his bones.
I'm not even really bitching about the size, I just straight up see one OT, one DT, and one DE in this entire class so far. I'm glad we're not losing much in this department to graduation but we need to improve in the trenches big time on both sides of the ball.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Regarding O-Line. I would like to see a few more coming in.I checked the roster and we have 15 O-Line listed and with the two on the verbal commit list, we should be at 17. The numbers are there, but would be great to add couple more D and O line recruits.

GO POKES
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I see two OL, a DE, and a DT. Regardless, I think this recruiting class is a direct reflection on our crappy defensive backfield and horrible special teams play. These guys are going to bring the speed.

As someone mentioned, we do have quite a few linemen in school and only lost 3 starters on both sides of the ball. But, I would love to see some beef on both sides with the remaining slots.

Go Pokes!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I thought our o-line was one of our better units last year. Didn't lose much so it makes sense that we are trying to strengthen other areas of our team.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

We need more linebackers...that is what this class needs.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vorel:

Josh Clausen -- a 6-foot-4, 200-pound wide receiver from Parker, Colorado -- verbally committed to Wyoming as a preferred walk-on on Monday, a source confirmed to the Star-Tribune. Clausen later tweeted from his personal Twitter account that he committed to Wyoming.

Clausen closed out a prolific prep career at Denver Lutheran High School in style last season, catching 58 passes for 1,211 receiving yards and 19 touchdowns. He finished with 3,523 receiving yards and 45 touchdowns in his four-year career.

Clausen visited Laramie the weekend of Oct. 17, before taking another visit to Kansas last weekend.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Ouch.