2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Wyoming wants him at QB.
The Buffs are recruiting Bartlett more as an athlete, while the Cowboys are going all in at quarterback.
I'm not sure how much of an emphasis he puts on being a QB.....but if that's his preference, that should help. I imagine the coaches will play up the fact that QB is a weak spot right now. Bartlett would have a chance to start as a RS-Freshman in 2016, maybe even a true Freshman in 2015 if things are that bad at QB.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Still going hard after Smeltzer. The coaches keep up with this relentless effort, and it may pay off come February. Jake would be a big steal.
https://twitter.com/SmeltzerJake/status ... 9971032065
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Apparently the Oregon Ducks traveled all the way to Cheyenne to visit Tevis Bartlett. This kid will be a high-profile prospect before signing day....possibly Taven Bryan-like offer list. I hope Bohl and co. are ready, cause the battle for Bartlett is going to take off in June. By the time he is done with the Boise and Stanford camps he will have plenty of offers.

It's a bit harsh to expect Bartlett to chose Wyoming.....particularly if these bigger offers start rolling in as expected....but Tevis is everything that personifies Coach Bohl's approach and Wyoming. He would be the prized recruit Bohl needs to get this program rolling. I hope they roll out the red carpet and throw the kitchen sink at Tevis.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:Apparently the Oregon Ducks traveled all the way to Cheyenne to visit Tevis Bartlett. This kid will be a high-profile prospect before signing day....possibly Taven Bryan-like offer list. I hope Bohl and co. are ready, cause the battle for Bartlett is going to take off in June. By the time he is done with the Boise and Stanford camps he will have plenty of offers.

It's a bit harsh to expect Bartlett to chose Wyoming.....particularly if these bigger offers start rolling in as expected....but Tevis is everything that personifies Coach Bohl's approach and Wyoming. He would be the prized recruit Bohl needs to get this program rolling. I hope they roll out the red carpet and throw the kitchen sink at Tevis.
Still just us, the sheep, and the fluffs that have offered a scholly to him, but he's been bumped up to a 3 star recruit, 2nd or 3rd one from Wyoming in the last 2 years.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Still just us, the sheep, and the fluffs that have offered a scholly to him, but he's been bumped up to a 3 star recruit, 2nd or 3rd one from Wyoming in the last 2 years.
For now....once he goes through his tour of camps this summer (a jolt in recruiting always follows), he will see more offers. I guarantee by signing day he'll have double-digit FBS offers.
69er
Ranch Hand

This is a rank by offers site. http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2014fbteams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

SDSU, CSU, & SJSU - all ranked higher than BSU.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:SDSU, CSU, & SJSU - all ranked higher than BSU.
Should be noted that based on their system...the more scholarships a team gave out, the higher they were ranked. A quick look at Boise's 2014 commit list compared to those schools showed it wasn't even close....Boise got more quality players.

Boise had three 4-Star players in the 2014 class....the rest of the MW? Combined zero. One of those recruits was elite as you'll ever see a non-AQ school get (Dylan Sumner-Gardner).

Quality > Quantity

That said, CSU, SDSU, and SJSU did a good job in 2014. SJSU is at it again this class.....but those stats are skewed a bit. All 3 major recruiting services ranked BSU #1 in the MW for 2014. Broncos are at it again in 2015 too....already a 4-Star QB...big-time commit. The new staff has blown away the competition in recruiting so far.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

No! Oregon, stay away!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:No! Oregon, stay away!
Like I said.....don't sleep on Tevis. He will NOT remain a no-named recruit. After he goes through the camp circuit this summer, he'll be a highly sought-after recruit.

It doesn't matter what position he'll play....he will succeed wherever he goes.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ahl-157476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Haney has offers from Washington, Washington State, and Boise State as well.
https://twitter.com/BrandonHuffman/stat ... 8210045953
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Here we go....Cade and his family visiting Logan.
https://twitter.com/ksmit1016/status/476196017889501184
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=7551440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wyoming offered St. Mary's College HS Safety Ron Smith. I'm intrigued by this one....he has quite a few offers, but not from schools Bohl would have little chance of beating (Fresno, Air Force, Nevada, New Mexico, UTEP). Good opportunity to accurately gauge this staff's recruiting prowess.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Just updated the original post in this thread with Mike Vorel's new recruiting document created for the Tribune.