2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

poop like this confuses me, Now we don't know much about the kid but being from this area I'd expect more recognition from Colleges recruiting him. He scored 21 TD's in his senior season and I can't find anything bad related to trouble he might have been in.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1704364/hig ... /215304384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not much of a list for recruiting.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:poop like this confuses me, Now we don't know much about the kid but being from this area I'd expect more recognition from Colleges recruiting him. He scored 21 TD's in his senior season and I can't find anything bad related to trouble he might have been in.
This probably didn't help things

Donovan Rooks was sidelined most of his junior season with an ankle injury.

http://army.scout.com/story/1469301-arm ... a-receiver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:poop like this confuses me, Now we don't know much about the kid but being from this area I'd expect more recognition from Colleges recruiting him. He scored 21 TD's in his senior season and I can't find anything bad related to trouble he might have been in.
This probably didn't help things

Donovan Rooks was sidelined most of his junior season with an ankle injury.

http://army.scout.com/story/1469301-arm ... a-receiver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I understand where you are coming from but that was his junior year, With a senior year being that solid it should say he healed fine. Would be different if it said missed junior year with ACL/MCL Surgery.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Hmm...that is weird. Decent size, good stats, 40 isn't outstanding, but you can tell from the film he has good game speed. Only thing I can think is that maybe he is a military kid and has his heart set on Army, so after he got that offer he didn't bother with any others.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Don't always believe the listed measurables. Good chance they're embellished, maybe even severely embellished.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Don't always believe the listed measurables. Good chance they're embellished, maybe even severely embellished.
IDK about that, I swear I could run a 4.1 40 like my tape said. No coaches looked at me though ;)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Looks like Donzale Roddie is supposedly still coming this weekend.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

ANTONIO HULL was offered today, We're the first offer.
Diamond Bar HS CB 5'10"/170
Diamond Bar, CA

http://recruiting.scout.com/player/7116 ... tonio-hull" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Decent size for CB. Don't know much else about him though.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Pogi flips to New Mexico.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod wrote:Pogi flips to New Mexico.
He signed?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12030
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Pogi flips to New Mexico.
He signed?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12030
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/557982316023545856
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Once I saw his two friends committed there was pretty sure we had lost him. Better now instead of 2 years in.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

GoWyoGo confirms Roddie will be in Laramie this weekend. He would be far and away Wyoming's best recruit if he commits.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:GoWyoGo confirms Roddie will be in Laramie this weekend. He would be far and away Wyoming's best recruit if he commits.
I'm not sure, but he would be a good get.

According to the other board, the Pokes just got a big verbal from former Oregon State commit Dameon Baber. Very good get.

Go Pokes!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Tyrone Miller - http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ler-163365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He will be here this weekend for a recruitment trip as well so seems there will be a lot of potential players in the AA hope it's a great showing with good fan support.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: I'm not sure, but he would be a good get.

According to the other board, the Pokes just got a big verbal from former Oregon State commit Dameon Baber. Very good get.

Go Pokes!!
This is a VERY good get.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ber-160606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is what I'm talking about! No more "diamonds in the rough" who turn out to be part just part of the rough. No more guys with only Big Sky offers. This program will turnaround as quickly as Wyoming begins to recruit like winning programs do. This is a great start.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: I'm not sure, but he would be a good get.

Go Pokes!!
This is a VERY good get.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... ber-160606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is what I'm talking about! No more "diamonds in the rough" who turn out to be part just part of the rough. No more guys with only Big Sky offers. This program will turnaround as quickly as Wyoming begins to recruit like winning programs do. This is a great start.
This is a Craig Bohl thing, It's his legacy and him knowing how to properly sell a program to a recruit. I know it sounds unlikely but by his 4th full recruiting class he will have at least one 4 star player on the field and we haven't seen that at Wyoming since 2002.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: This is a Craig Bohl thing, It's his legacy and him knowing how to properly sell a program to a recruit. I know it sounds unlikely but by his 4th full recruiting class he will have at least one 4 star player on the field and we haven't seen that at Wyoming since 2002.
It's entirely possible. Hawaii and Fresno both have a commit each from a 4-Star recruit, and Boise State is nabbing several 4-star recruits every class. Sell the kid an up-and-coming program and potentially a bit of early playing time, and Bohl could absolutely lure a 4-star recruit to Laramie.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times