2014/2015 Recruiting Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

jarhead wrote:Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
Very poor move. The staff will regret it if he ends up at Utah State.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

WYO1016 wrote:
jarhead wrote:Cade's offer to attend Wyoming has been pulled. Wyo stated they want to pursue other options. Poor move in my opinion. Cade is a great all around athlete.
I agree this is a bad move. And not just because he is the little brother of a former Wyoming player - but that certainly is part of it.

Then again, we have 3 years of Aaron Young - so who needs him. :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
I agree this is a bad move. And not just because he is the little brother of a former Wyoming player - but that certainly is part of it.

Then again, we have 3 years of Aaron Young - so who needs him. :whistle:
Haha that was low. But I do agree that this is a terrible move. He would have been a great cowboy.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well that sucks. And a big mistake. By all accounts, he's better than Brett, and that's saying something.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Well I would bet that we are all going to get to see what kind of a QB he is. I would put my money on Utah State. I think the Pokes are going to regret this one.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Are you kidding me? We can go out and spend a valuable scholarship on Aaron Young and we pull Smiths offer??? WTF I am beginning to wonder about the new regime's recruiting approach. Maybe we need DC to offer Bohl some advice about QB's that is the one position he was pretty good at recruiting.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Cue the NDSU "Bohl walks on water" fans in 3....2.....1...... :popcorn:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can't take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
Good post.

I realize we don't know all the ins & outs, and there are always 2 sides, but as it was reported above (offer pulled) I would call this a decent-sized strike against Bohl, unless he has some 5* is in his back pocket or similar.
Dear Karma,

zappinpoke
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
Well we do, only his name is Nick....
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can't take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
All about timing. We just lost the top 2 guys at that position and Bohl needed to try an secure it. Young was well thought of and ranked as one of the top JUCO QB's. Turns out we had a couple guys who are better on the roster, but that wasn't know when Brett declared and Thompson transferred.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I wonder if Cade is as driven as Brett. That's too bad as I'm sure a smith could play in any offense
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Interesting. Pretty gutsy of Bohl. Lands a plethora of recruits with only FCS offers, but pulls the offer of one of the more highly-rated guys Wyoming had a chance at. I doubt he signs someone better than Cade.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:I'm so mad I'm seeing red. After all the discussions about how DC pushed away former players, etc, we can't take a chance on a legacy of one of the greatest players in our history but Aaron Young can facebook message himself into a scholarship. This makes me sick. A Smith should always have a place at Wyoming.
All about timing. We just lost the top 2 guys at that position and Bohl needed to try an secure it. Young was well thought of and ranked as one of the top JUCO QB's. Turns out we had a couple guys who are better on the roster, but that wasn't know when Brett declared and Thompson transferred.
He was? I didn't perceive it that way at all. Unless it was from his own FB or LinkedIn pages. I even just did another search, and couldn't find anything about him being a top JUCO QB from a legitimate outside source.
Dear Karma,

PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Swing it however way you want man, it's poop. Yes we needed another guy at QB, he's now what 4th on the depth chart? How's this for timing? We have zero commitments for 2015. We will take a chance on on some guys this year that are less talented than Cade that project as backup TE, and they don't have a Wyoming Hall of Fame QB as a brother.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: He was? I didn't perceive it that way at all. Unless it was from his own FB or LinkedIn pages. I even just did another search, and couldn't find anything about him being a top JUCO QB from a legitimate outside source.
Yep...in fact, a scout who had actually seen him play was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "he won't lose Wyoming any games, but he won't win them any either".
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Figured this would happen. They pulled an offer from that Iowa Dual threat guy last year. It's like Bohl doesn't see the value in a QB that can run. It's going to be a tough transition.......
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

If anything, we know that Aaron Young has a good future in marketing. Can't fault a kid for creating his own D1 scholarship opportunity.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote: He was? I didn't perceive it that way at all. Unless it was from his own FB or LinkedIn pages. I even just did another search, and couldn't find anything about him being a top JUCO QB from a legitimate outside source.
Yep...in fact, a scout who had actually seen him play was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "he won't lose Wyoming any games, but he won't win them any either".
Is your post TIC? "not losing & not winning" any games for Wyoming, indicates to me that he will never see the field...which further implies he is not a top JUCO QB...in fact, far from it. As we all learned this spring.
Dear Karma,