Spring Scrimmages: Elsewhere?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I've noticed that some schools are starting to hold scrimmages in the spring that are not on campus. Washington State in Spokane....Colorado State in Denver....Hawaii on neighboring islands. Has Wyoming ever done that? Where would be a smart location to hold a scrimmage for alums/fans?
PCB
Ranch Hand

Casper, Riverton.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Montana and Montana State do this from time to time.. last year the Griz had their scrimmage in Ronan. They've done it in Billings before too. The Cats go up to Great Falls occasionally. This year the Griz are staying home for the scrim (sad, the weather sucks ass today).

Personally, I think it's a great idea. It's kind of a burden for the guys on the team to travel randomly during the spring for a scrimmage, but I think it does wonders for building the brand across the state. How many people in Worland, Powell, Sheridan, Newcastle, Jackson, etc get to make the trip to Laramie to see the Cowboys? It'd be nice to do some outreach and get the state excited, especially people who don't get to regularly see the team. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Didn't we do a scrimmage in Cheyenne last year ?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The new east high stadium next season would be cool
Triple-WY
Buckaroo

Wyoming previously held Spring Game/s in Casper and believe conducted a scrimmage in Cheyenne recently.