New Depth Chart

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://trib.com/news/opinion/blogs/cowb ... 56c64.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Observations: May listed ahead of Wick....Appleby ahead of Olive. Mauldhart and Claiborne listed as only two starting WRs.....a lot of CDC slot-type WRs getting buried on the depth chart. TE looks thin, but nothing unexpected.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Appears that the truth is out about Young. Results speak for themselves.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but I still think he was a panic signee by Bohl & Company, along with the aid of some quality marketing of himself on the MWC message board (with the help of a few gullible UW fans as well) to the UW staff.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Appears that the truth is out about Young. Results speak for themselves.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but I still think he was a panic signee by Bohl & Company, along with the aid of some quality marketing of himself on the MWC message board (with the help of a few gullible UW fans as well) to the UW staff.
At this point, I think Bohl rides out Kirkegaard/Stratton...for better or worse...with this group of seniors...and then attempts to get "his" QB in this upcoming class for the future.

Now I can see why so many are really hoping this group pulls off a 6-6 season....2015 is looking like a huge rebuilding project again. Tons of seniors and experience lost. Although it will give Bohl a chance to do his thing on the recruiting trail. Large class will be coming in. But they will truly start from the bottom and move up starting in 2015. Realistically.....I hope fans are patient, cause the beginning to this era may be rough for the first couple of seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:I hope fans are patient, cause the beginning to this era may be rough for the first couple of seasons.
Agree.

This is a huge work in progress, and one that we may not see positive results in the W/L column for 3 or so years. This sucks real bad for the fanbase...and especially that we are here once again.

:tickedoff:
Dear Karma,

Slow Hand
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:Appears that the truth is out about Young. Results speak for themselves.

Remember what the ol' Slow Hand said early on? Looks like I got one thing right. Seems the players are adjusting to the change better in the last week. Not as much yelling in practices.....don't know about meetings?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Now lets wait and see how many, if any, of the receivers that are buried on the depth chart decide to leave. :-)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:

Remember what the ol' Slow Hand said early on? Looks like I got one thing right. Seems the players are adjusting to the change better in the last week. Not as much yelling in practices.....don't know about meetings?
Help a brother, for whatever do you mean? I dropped out of site for a while...
Dear Karma,

mwc fan
Cowpoke

The first spring depth chart is trivial. Some of spots are legit placements while some are intended to push an athlete. Im sure a lot of feelings get hurt, but the spring game should shed more light on who deserves to be the top dog.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:

Help a brother, for whatever do you mean? I dropped out of site for a while...
I was never a Young fan. I thought that he was a panic scholarship after Brett left. I could see that he was un-athletic, slow and not very strong early on. In addition he didn't get along with many of the players. But there were a few on this board that shot me down saying that he would be the starter, or at the very least better than I was saying. I have also stated in the past that with the change in the system some of the WR would leave because they would get buried in the depth chart. I must admit though that I am not as sure about this statement though. Because many of them are seniors and may just hold on and finish school.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

mwc fan wrote:The first spring depth chart is trivial. Some of spots are legit placements while some are intended to push an athlete. Im sure a lot of feelings get hurt, but the spring game should shed more light on who deserves to be the top dog.
The tale tale spring scrimmage happened on Sat. The last one is for the public and may not even be graded. However I do agree that a lot can happen between now and Fall.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This is just spring practice, a lot can and probably will change by the end of fall practice. Two more QBs coming. As far as Young goes, it appears the game at this level is a little too fast for him right now - like it was for Kirkegaard when he first got here. I doubt we will see 5 WRs on the field at one time under Bohl like we saw the last few years, so that is not surprising.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:This is just spring practice, a lot can and probably will change by the end of fall practice. Two more QBs coming. As far as Young goes, it appears the game at this level is a little too fast for him right now - like it was for Kirkegaard when he first got here. I doubt we will see 5 WRs on the field at one time under Bohl like we saw the last few years, so that is not surprising.
I agree completely with you. This has been my assertion since they announced Bohl as the head coach. This is one of my reasons that we would see some WR's leave. However I am not sure that will hold true looking at the class make-up of the receivers now. It will be interesting to see what Young does.....I think we will see at least one more Qb with a better skill set in the fall possibly two.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Rufran will be a No. 1 at WR after the fall. He is just too talented not to be on the field. I thought it was surprising to see Maulhardt ahead of Gentry. Sewell is still buried on the depth chart; it appears that he was a bit overhyped as a recruit.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:I agree completely with you. This has been my assertion since they announced Bohl as the head coach. This is one of my reasons that we would see some WR's leave. However I am not sure that will hold true looking at the class make-up of the receivers now. It will be interesting to see what Young does.....I think we will see at least one more Qb with a better skill set in the fall possibly two.
We may live in a world where Austin Fort is the best QB available come September. :eek:

In all seriousness, I think its going to be Captain Kirk. Bohl will ride out these seniors and hope for the best.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

We have to remember that this offense isn't about swagger and a great QB, we just need a game manager. I think Stratton is going to come out on top of this one, and I still think Thorton is in the mix. His scrambling ability is great. I really think the QBs were never developed under CDC. Kirk and Throton were buried behind Smith and Thompson. Let's be patient and see what happens. I don't think 2015 will be a rebuilding year at all. It is all about a culture change and coaching. I maybe wearing my B&G glasses, but I really think this team is poised. CDC could recruit decent talent, but never develop it further.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Is Pete Thomas still a possibility? I know he hasnt had great success during his time but a quarterback with a good amount of D1 football experience couldnt hurt
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote:Rufran will be a No. 1 at WR after the fall. He is just too talented not to be on the field. I thought it was surprising to see Maulhardt ahead of Gentry. Sewell is still buried on the depth chart; it appears that he was a bit overhyped as a recruit.
Maulhardt had a great spring camp!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Also did anyone else that a LB from Buffalo is going to be a top 5 pick, and he strength coach was none other than Duval
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:Is Pete Thomas still a possibility? I know he hasnt had great success during his time but a quarterback with a good amount of D1 football experience couldnt hurt
According to a post on the other board....he isn't coming.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

A few of you will be happy to see that there are 9 Wyoming kids on the depth chart, and that's before the incoming freshman class.