Senior Kicker will attend Spring game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Would like to see this guy kick for UW
https://twitter.com/WYOUNIFORMS/status/ ... 1181645824
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

He posted a tweet on April 6th that I don't care for. For some reason when I tried to post it I got a error message, but it said "Wyoming, whats the point". Hopefully the visit will enlighten him.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

He evidently hasn't done any research on Coach Bohl.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

A. If that's how he feels about Wyoming, why did he agree to attend the spring game?

B. If we know that's how he feels about Wyoming, why did we invite him to attend the spring game?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:A. If that's how he feels about Wyoming, why did he agree to attend the spring game?

B. If we know that's how he feels about Wyoming, why did we invite him to attend the spring game?
Probably because teenagers aren't exactly the most rational people in the world, and have been known to occasionally change their minds about things quite radically.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think he was quoting that logo that is also seen on t-shirts. My buddy who loves Wyoming even has one.
I'm good for 3!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If he's solid, I'd like to see him come up and show what he has. Hopefully his tweet was taken out of context. If he's got a good leg now, he'll only get stronger as he matures. We've seen that a good kicker can win games for us, and with a ball control offense, we may be in some close ones. I do wish that his highlight video showed some live action kicks with pads on, less than 2 seconds to get the kick off and 11 angry men charging at him. Let's face it, a video that shows a dozen good kicks may have taken 100 kicks to produce. I remember Sullivan's tape that someone posted on this site, was taken on a day with gale force winds at his back. Not saying he couldn't hit a long one, just that the tape didn't convince me...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

cowboyz wrote:If he's solid, I'd like to see him come up and show what he has. Hopefully his tweet was taken out of context. If he's got a good leg now, he'll only get stronger as he matures. We've seen that a good kicker can win games for us, and with a ball control offense, we may be in some close ones. I do wish that his highlight video showed some live action kicks with pads on, less than 2 seconds to get the kick off and 11 angry men charging at him. Let's face it, a video that shows a dozen good kicks may have taken 100 kicks to produce. I remember Sullivan's tape that someone posted on this site, was taken on a day with gale force winds at his back. Not saying he couldn't hit a long one, just that the tape didn't convince me...
I can tell immediately from that video he lacks flexibility. He is a "lunging" kicker. He needs to be snapping down at the ball. He obviously has some leg strength he just needs some serious technique adjustment. When I see that type of technique I know it won't translate well to live field goals because you need a perfect hold to kick like that. Practicing with a holding stand is deceiving in this case.
I'm good for 3!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Cornpoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:If he's solid, I'd like to see him come up and show what he has. Hopefully his tweet was taken out of context. If he's got a good leg now, he'll only get stronger as he matures. We've seen that a good kicker can win games for us, and with a ball control offense, we may be in some close ones. I do wish that his highlight video showed some live action kicks with pads on, less than 2 seconds to get the kick off and 11 angry men charging at him. Let's face it, a video that shows a dozen good kicks may have taken 100 kicks to produce. I remember Sullivan's tape that someone posted on this site, was taken on a day with gale force winds at his back. Not saying he couldn't hit a long one, just that the tape didn't convince me...
I can tell immediately from that video he lacks flexibility. He is a "lunging" kicker. He needs to be snapping down at the ball. He obviously has some leg strength he just needs some serious technique adjustment. When I see that type of technique I know it won't translate well to live field goals because you need a perfect hold to kick like that. Practicing with a holding stand is deceiving in this case.
Gotta love having a guy like Cornpoke on the board. The mechanics of kicking are a complete mystery to me. Glad you're here to help us out! :thumb:

You should seriously think about putting on a kicking camp for Wyoming kids in the summer. There have got to be more than a handful of decent kickers in the state, or at the very least a few that know that if they get to be solid kickers it will translate into scholarships.