Bohl #1 coach in MWC, #59 in country

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
WYCowboy wrote: I'm not sure 2014 will be a good indicator on how Coach Bohl will do at Wyoming. More important than the W/L record will be the adjustments and changes he is willing to make to correct any weaknesses. In other words, fix the problem areas.
Very true. We also haven't gotten the chance to see him really recruit yet. He got a raw deal by having to start in January. I highly doubt the next class will be filled with kids who only have FCS offers again.
That is true about the recruiting. The other part about fixing the problem areas (Christensen - defense & Glenn - Offense) was in my opinion the downfall of the last two coaches.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If Bohl has beaten FBS teams at a 70% rate, all on the road as JimmyDimes posted, he is the best coach in the conference right now. Especially considering he's done it with an FCS team. How many coaches in the conference have a 70% winning record, home or away, with their FBS teams? Bohl also has a few FCS National Championships to throw in the resume as well. No doubt he's the best, right now. It only took Christensen a couple years to show he was a fraud. I think we're all willing to give Bohl the same chance to show what he can do. Personally, I have a real good feeling about the program under his guidance.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

cowboyz wrote:If Bohl has beaten FBS teams at a 70% rate, all on the road as JimmyDimes posted, he is the best coach in the conference right now. Especially considering he's done it with an FCS team. How many coaches in the conference have a 70% winning record, home or away, with their FBS teams? Bohl also has a few FCS National Championships to throw in the resume as well. No doubt he's the best, right now. It only took Christensen a couple years to show he was a fraud. I think we're all willing to give Bohl the same chance to show what he can do. Personally, I have a real good feeling about the program under his guidance.
Me too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hithere
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion....as negative as those may be. But, if Wyoming starts kicking ass this year I hope non of you negative Nancy's enjoy the ride. I hate bandwagon fans.

Go Pokes!!
Totally dude, I'm with you. The last 14 years of .371 winning % football really brings out all those posers. I'd argue that if there were more bandwagon fans because of a winning program then attendance, athletics revenue and exposure wouldn't be suffering as much. I don't hate bandwagon fans. I respect just about anyone who follows the Cowboys.

Hopefully Bohl can produce a winning program.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

What a bunch of generalizations and assumptions. Have your opinions, fine, just like I have mine, but leave the holier-than-thou-because-I-say poop for church.

Maybe there should be a posting requirement on certain topics...like you can only comment on a coaching change / hire, if you have personally attended 250 or more football games - or 300 or more basketball games. That way, nobody will toss up the "bandwagon" label.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
hithere
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:What a bunch of generalizations and assumptions. Have your opinions, fine, just like I have mine, but leave the holier-than-thou-because-I-say poop for church.

Maybe there should be a posting requirement on certain topics...like you can only comment on a coaching change / hire, if you have personally attended 250 or more football games - or 300 or more basketball games. That way, nobody will toss up the "bandwagon" label.
Were you referring to me?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

hithere wrote:
McPeachy wrote:What a bunch of generalizations and assumptions. Have your opinions, fine, just like I have mine, but leave the holier-than-thou-because-I-say poop for church.

Were you referring to me?
I was referring to everyone that was referring to me. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

BOOM!

WYO Fan: We are jaded after getting high hopes with new coaches....Bohl hasn't won a game for us yet...
NDSU Folks: How dare you say that jeez you guys need a winning attitude..

I was excited for both coaches before and when we saw success early......then......yeah.....Bohl hasn't coached a single game....I like what I'm hearing but I think the basic statement is "we are excited but won't anoint a savior quite just yet" :twocents:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

BJC wrote:BOOM!

WYO Fan: We are jaded after getting high hopes with new coaches....Bohl hasn't won a game for us yet...
NDSU Folks: How dare you say that jeez you guys need a winning attitude..

I was excited for both coaches before and when we saw success early......then......yeah.....Bohl hasn't coached a single game....I like what I'm hearing but I think the basic statement is "we are excited but won't anoint a savior quite just yet" :twocents:
Bingo. I haven't seen anyone here say they don't like the coach Bohl or don't expect good things. Just some of us are waiting before we annoint him the savior.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

:lol: Calling anyone who still follows the Pokes a bandwagon fan might be the dumbest thing I've seen on the internet.

Good hell. Anyone that is hanging in there still is nothing short of a di hard.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Ragtime. Amen. And quite frankly Wyoming (and you fans) should embrace and welcome all the NDSU fans you can it doesn't hurt to expand your fanbase right??
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:He was pretty salty his first few years at CSU. I blame CSU's downfall on the loss of key guys in their team. A bunch of their coaches left to take other jobs. That, in addition to the rise of Utah and the addition of TCU spelled trouble for CSU.

Stanard kicked ass at NDSU the last couple of seasons. I notice you failed to link those numbers.

Who can blame a guy for being miserable at Tulane and NMSU? I don't think anyone has been successful at either of those programs in 50 years, so you have to be remarkable to succeed there.

I'm not saying he's a world beater. I'm just saying let the guy have a chance in Laramie before we run him up the flag pole. He's had success and he's had failure. Let's wait and see what he does here before we decide he isn't good.
Gotta give him credit for what he did in Fargo. Plus, if Sonny Lubick hired him, I'd cut him a lot of slack. Especially cut him a bit of slack with the miserable D that he inherits at UW.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa