Bohl #1 coach in MWC, #59 in country

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

http://athlonsports.com/college-footbal ... OUHxY.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty good stuff, and NDSU with 3 titles to WYOMING helps his stature, however, Bohl kicked Jerry Kills ass and he's #56... So Bohl should be #55.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm impressed - so far.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Mike Riley for Oregon State at 27th...
I don't know how I feel about that. I realize the Beavs were awful from 71 to 98 like the article points out, but 27 seems a little high for a guy who somehow loses to FCS teams to begin the season with Top 25 teams.

I think Bohl is ranked a little too high as well. Best coach in the MWC? Hmm...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Imagine how high he'll be ranked after he wins the spring game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

good stuff here!!!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Lost Poke wrote:Imagine how high he'll be ranked after he wins the spring game.

Sorry,

Vegas has the Pokes as a 20 point underdog in the spring game.

On the other hand, they also have the Pokes as a 20 point favorite.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

No offense, but he hasn't coached one down of football. This is a poop article.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Indeed, let's wait until he's coached a game first.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Leave it to the Wyoming fan base to get bent out of shape because of a positive article.

He has coached in the past and has shown his ability. Plus, he's 7-3 against the FBS teams...all on the road.

Nobody is saying he is the best in the conference...but at least enjoy a little positive press.

Go Pokes!!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Leave it to the Wyoming fan base to get bent out of shape because of a positive article.

He has coached in the past and has shown his ability. Plus, he's 7-3 against the FBS teams...all on the road.

Nobody is saying he is the best in the conference...but at least enjoy a little positive press.

Go Pokes!!
The article addresses the fact that he hasn't coached at this level yet. It's not like they just pretended not to see that.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Leave it to the Wyoming fan base to get bent out of shape because of a positive article.

Go Pokes!!
I'd rather fly under the radar in 2014 and 2015 personally.

And logically...he isn't "better" than any of the MWC coaches as he hasn't done anything. That's all.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
Nobody is saying he is the best in the conference...
False...that is exactly what this article is saying.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Oh the losers lament on here needs to stop wyonation!!

Bohl has been and will be a winner on the field, I'll have to assist the message board here in a ill rah rah attitude speech about being a winner!! Pump it up wyonation !! N
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

lakesbison wrote:Oh the losers lament on here needs to stop wyonation!!

Bohl has been and will be a winner on the field, I'll have to assist the message board here in a ill rah rah attitude speech about being a winner!! Pump it up wyonation !! N
Lake, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for those of us who have been around for several of these coaching changes at Wyoming, we have learned to temper our enthusiasm, and lower our expectations. A new coach is kind of like finally getting that great looking girl to go out with you, and then when you finally see her up close and personal uder the bright lights, you find out she isn't quite that pretty....

Right now Bohl and company are 0-0. I will give him a few years to get things going before I start expecting him to walk on water. Until he proves me wrong, he's just the next coach in the revolving door that is the University of Wyoming football program.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Well. Sorry to hear that man. It's a culture thing, I've watched bohl and NDSU win 43 of 45 games and I don't remember how to cheer for a loser. (Oh wait, I have Vikings season tickets haha)

I'm just saying. Culture and attitude helps lot, losers lament hurts a lot, that's all. You all know I'm a wyo fan
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I think it's safe to say no one on these forums is going to admit they are looking at these ratings through Gold & Brown glasses but inside we all are :)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Well. Sorry to hear that man. It's a culture thing, I've watched bohl and NDSU win 43 of 45 games and I don't remember how to cheer for a loser. (Oh wait, I have Vikings season tickets haha)

I'm just saying. Culture and attitude helps lot, losers lament hurts a lot, that's all. You all know I'm a wyo fan
The fans have been hurt one too many times to feel otherwise. As recently as 2012, hopes and expectations were sky-high after Brett Smith, a TRUE Freshman....lead the Pokes to an 8-4 season. Many thought the DC era was going to be golden....pretty much everyone bought in. The chances of failure were minimal in fans eyes.

Needless to say, the team went 3-9 and lost at home to an FCS school for the first time ever. So you'll have to forgive fans for not immediately subscribing to the idea that all will be rosy. Seeing is believing.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

lakesbison wrote:Well. Sorry to hear that man. It's a culture thing, I've watched bohl and NDSU win 43 of 45 games and I don't remember how to cheer for a loser. (Oh wait, I have Vikings season tickets haha)

Culture and attitude occurs BECAUSE you win 43 of 45 games. It's easy to feel like a winner when you win 96% of your games.

The fact that we torture ourselves year in and year out says something about our culture and attitude. We could have given up long ago and have had many reasons to do so. We don't. We persevere. We may whine and bitch on message boards, but we bleed pure brown & gold. We've been forced to cheer for many a loser in our day. We are not spoiled by bandwagons and fairweather, we are beaten, hardened, tried and true.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote:

The fans have been hurt one too many times to feel otherwise. As recently as 2012, hopes and expectations were sky-high after Brett Smith, a TRUE Freshman....lead the Pokes to an 8-4 season. Many thought the DC era was going to be golden....pretty much everyone bought in. The chances of failure were minimal in fans eyes.

Needless to say, the team went 3-9 and lost at home to an FCS school for the first time ever. So you'll have to forgive fans for not immediately subscribing to the idea that all will be rosy. Seeing is believing.
Still pissed off about that. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

The article is posting with past attributes. Name another coach in the MWC that has had success like him? There are none. Hauck had success at Mont. but has fallen since at LV. Yes, even with his amazing year last year. Bob Davie? No. Troy "flyboy" Calhoun? Last couple of years have brought him down to earth. Rocky Long? He's known for turning programs around, but right now is using the success of Hoke to keep SDSU going. Practically all the other coaches are new, I would say as of right now he is the most successful coach "Overall" in the MWC.

And we were 4-8 when we lost to the FCS team. Maintain your credibility by getting facts right.