MWC Announces Balance of National TV Games

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Mountain West today released the balance of its football national television package for the 2014 season. The additional 34 games will be aired by CBS Sports Network and ESPN exclusively on Saturdays. Between the two television networks, 45 football games thus far will be aired this coming season on various platforms. Last week, the MW announced an 11-game Friday package on CBS Sports Network and ESPN.

http://www.themwc.com/#!/news-detail/mw ... -14_4al9bg
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/456852881484705793 Five Wyoming football games will air on ESPN Networks in 2014

Five of Wyoming's 12 football games in the 2014 season will air nationally on ESPN Networks, the Mountain West Conference announced Thursday.

Four home games -- Sept. 6 against Air Force, Oct. 18 against San Jose State, Nov. 7 against Utah State and Nov. 22 against Boise State -- will air nationally. One road game, Nov. 1 at Fresno State, will also be broadcast on ESPN Networks.

The Nov. 7 home game against Utah State will kick off at 6 p.m. and air on ESPN2. The specific outlet and kick time for the four other games will be determined during the course of the season, usually in a 12-day window prior to the game.

Wyoming will receive a $300,000 bonus for the Nov. 7 game against Utah State, since it is being played on a Friday and airing on ESPN2. If any of the other four Saturday games are broadcast on either ESPN or ESPN2, Wyoming will receive $500,000 per appearance.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 92862.html
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

How many national TV games did the Cowboys have last year? More specifically, ESPN games?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

For sure 3 on an ESPN network.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Notice that the announcement says:

"The ... kick time for the four other games will be determined during the course of the season"

You know what that means -- they will be played at God-awful times to suit the network -- which could mean poor game attendance.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This has potential to be the most national exposure Wyoming football has ever had. 5 games on ESPN networks. Oregon and Michigan State could end up on national networks. They will be on t.v. CSU, UNM, and Montana are likely to end up on Root. Our game at Hawaii is likely to end up on the Hawaii Network.

The only game that probably wont be on t.v. is Florida Atlantic.

Now, add the potential for 2.3 million in extra revenue from ESPN, it's likely this is the best t.v. schedule Wyoming has ever had. I'm guessing that AFA and Boise will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Utah State is guaranteed ESPN 2. Fresno and SJSU, depending on how Wyoming and those teams are doing at the time could end up there. We'll probably see more than 1 million dollars in bonus money again this year.

The Friday night thing sucks. There's no way around that. With Bohls reputation and the exposure Wyoming is getting, our coaches can definitely recruit with this schedule.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Do keep in mind that when they say "ESPN family of networks"....that does include ESPNU AND ESPN3.....both of which do not generate a bonus.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Do keep in mind that when they say "ESPN family of networks"....that does include ESPNU AND ESPN3.....both of which do not generate a bonus.
I'm already keeping that in mind.

Keep this in mind. We ARE going to get 300,000 for Utah State. Boise has a contractual guarantee that ESPN/ESPN 2 broadcasts three of their games per season. Boise only has 4 games scheduled for ESPN networks this year. That game is very likely to end up on ESPN or ESPN 2. AFA and Wyoming is early in the year. ESPN loves military academy's. That game is likely to end up on ESPN or ESPN 2. SJSU and Fresno State depend on the quality of the teams and the conference standings.

.5 mil + .5 mil + .3 mil = 1.3 million

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:This has potential to be the most national exposure Wyoming football has ever had.
And this is coming off of a 5-7 season!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:For sure 3 on an ESPN network.
Was this including ESPN3 and ESPNU?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

ESPN and ESPN 2 games are the only ones that pay the bonus money.

We could end up with 1.8 this year. Utah State is already guaranteed Friday night. I think AFA and Boise will end up on ESPN or ESPN 2. The game I'm relatively confident in is Fresno. They should contend for a conference title next year, and ESPN loves Saturday night games.

I don't think there is any way that we get 2.3 million because I can't see SJSU/Wyoming ending up on ESPN/ESPN2 under any plausible circumstances.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 8392446977 Wyoming Cowboys to be Featured on ESPN Networks Five Times During the 2014 College Football Season

"Having five of our games on ESPN telecasts is great for our fans, the young men in our program and for recruiting," said University of Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl. "As we look to bring back the great tradition of Wyoming Football we are excited to receive this level of national exposure for our program and our university."

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... um=twitter