We can't even stream our spring game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

What is this, Amateur hour?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

My thoughts exactly. I just don't get it I guess.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hell they need to get on it.......was really hoping...
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I'm amazed we can't watch this !

NDSU is on statewide tv and minnesota plus online, dammit our crew wanted to watch bohl & company today
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

lakesbison wrote:I'm amazed we can't watch this !

NDSU is on statewide tv and minnesota plus online, dammit our crew wanted to watch bohl & company today
Another something that should be there that isn't courtesy of the lofty vision of our AD...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I wonder how many D-1 schools don't televise their spring game? I did watch Utah' s and Jason Thompson looked good.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Auburn and Bama are on ESPN and Wyo isn't even streamed.

Can those SEC schools do this stuff because they are successful? Or are they successful because they make an effort to do this stuff?

Chicken or the Egg?

I went for the first half and was not impressed.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Now you're starting to understand our skepticism about Bohl instantly turning us into a contender. Now you understand why we think the way we do.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Now you're starting to understand our skepticism about Bohl instantly turning us into a contender. Now you understand why we think the way we do.
Because the game wasn't streamed.....sorry but that makes little sense.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Not simply because the game wasn't streamed, but because we generally do things half-assed.

May just be my opinion, but success comes when you do everything right, including the little things, especially the little things.

I think Bohl recognizes that. The rest of the athletic department hasn't caught on to this notion.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Not simply because the game wasn't streamed, but because we generally do things half-assed.

May just be my opinion, but success comes when you do everything right, including the little things, especially the little things.

I think Bohl recognizes that. The rest of the athletic department hasn't caught on to this notion.
First off, I agree with you. This is not football specific though, this has to do with everything in our athletic dept and my finger is pointed at our AD, president, bot, and our good old boy state government who would rather stuff money into rainy day accounts than give a few extra dollars to our University of Wyoming and others in need.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Auburn and Bama are on ESPN and Wyo isn't even streamed.

Can those SEC schools do this stuff because they are successful? Or are they successful because they make an effort to do this stuff?

Chicken or the Egg?

Can you tell us why you weren't impressed? Just curious
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

First off, I agree with you. This is not football specific though, this has to do with everything in our athletic dept and my finger is pointed at our AD, president, bot, and our good old boy state government who would rather stuff money into rainy day accounts than give a few extra dollars to our University of Wyoming and others in need.
Agreed.

Our two rivals (who beat us by a combined 58 points last year) had their spring games streamed today. Both on their own websites and the MW website.

Just over the last couple days I remember some discussions about how we have plenty more resources at our disposal than these two. So that means we just simply don't think our fans deserve to watch our first introduction to a new era? Weak sauce, weak sauce indeed.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

An FCS school has major events televised across the state. It's not football specific, just another blown opportunity to generate buzz and interest that even smaller schools in equally small states understand is important. We failed our fans, again. From the press conference to this, we look like amateurs, and small-timers, again. The little things add up.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Auburn and Bama are on ESPN and Wyo isn't even streamed.

Chicken or the Egg?

Can you tell us why you weren't impressed? Just curious
The QB play was not good. And the O-Line for the Gold was not able to open anything up for Wick.
It was like the post-Bramlet Glenn years out there.

But on the bright side, the time of possession will keep us in the game, along with the defense. And I know I was one that argued about the time of possession thing with DC, but I always argued that IF we were scoring consistently it didn't matter that much.
Anyways, the drives were very time consuming. If the other team doesn't have the ball, they can't score. Unfortunately teams like Oregon don't need much time to score, especially early in the season.

I just don't see a play maker out there for the Pokes. Hard for any of the WRs to be a play maker if the QBs can't get the ball to them.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

We should seriously hire Gene Taylor @ NDSU as our AD. Any time the athletics department has the opportunity to stream a game, promote the department, not matter how miniscule, they should be doing it. Streaming is cheap. TV time costs more.

I was 4.5 hours away from the stadium during spring game. I live a block away and normally attend - I was out of town though. I would have loved to have watched it.

It doesn't have to be the greatest quality for a spring game. I'm sure quite a few students learning to shoot live events would have loved to volunteer,
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I want to be the first University to make a deal with Netflix, Hulu, etc.

You could simply stream games live and link to Dave Walsh for commentary. The cost couldn't be that much per game and maybe even generate a little revenue. I'd pay a little extra on my Netflix if I could catch the POKES.

Once you had the cameras and things set up, you could do just about any sport for not much money.

Maybe some tech savvy people can correct me if I'm wrong on cost; I'm just guessing on that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Here's a response I got from Kevin McKinney about why the spring game was not streamed.

Happy to help you on this one. We absolutely would have loved to stream our Spring Game last Saturday. Short answer, it wasn’t possible due to construction in the Double A. The football stadium and basketball arena are both being wired into one new control room. That room is under construction and will be housed in the Arena-Auditorium when the renovations are completed. Because of this construction the old camera lines have been pulled out of War Memorial Stadium. The new, high definition, fiber lines aren’t connected to anything yet. We are definitely planning to stream next year’s spring game when all of the construction is completed. I hope that helps with the enigma. It was out of our control for this year only because of the construction.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

castlerocker wrote:Here's a response I got from Kevin McKinney about why the spring game was not streamed.

Happy to help you on this one. We absolutely would have loved to stream our Spring Game last Saturday. Short answer, it wasn’t possible due to construction in the Double A. The football stadium and basketball arena are both being wired into one new control room. That room is under construction and will be housed in the Arena-Auditorium when the renovations are completed. Because of this construction the old camera lines have been pulled out of War Memorial Stadium. The new, high definition, fiber lines aren’t connected to anything yet. We are definitely planning to stream next year’s spring game when all of the construction is completed. I hope that helps with the enigma. It was out of our control for this year only because of the construction.
Thanks for the update! Good to hear that they're investing in a new streaming control room. The old one was definitely not up to the task.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

That's great to hear, especially that it will be fiber. Have we ever streamed our spring game though?