If I were Coach Bohl....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:NDSU's 2013 offensive talent far outweighs what Wyo has right now in my eyes. We may see this sort of drive in the future but not next year.
Yes, but comparing the NDSU talent to Kansas State can't be too far off from comparing Wyoming to other MWC programs IMO.

I'm not saying we'll win every game, but we'll be competitive all season long.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
mwc fan
Cowpoke

You're right at times the run blocking was not great. Almost looked like our line the first couple plays. The pass blocking was exceptional though. The NDSU team has something that we don't though. A Qb that can make plays with his arm and his feet. When I look at the NDSU o line they do execute very well together. When a guard pulls the backside tackle makes excellent cut blocks, stopping all the backside pursuit. It looks like a very complicated line scheme. Which is probably why our line is behind at the moment.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:NDSU's 2013 offensive talent far outweighs what Wyo has right now in my eyes. We may see this sort of drive in the future but not next year.
+1000
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

HR_Poke wrote:Lots of run, run, pass, punt in our future.... Running game is great if you have an o-line that can hold a block.
At least it'll be different than the pass, pass, run, punt we've been watching.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

cowboyz wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:Lots of run, run, pass, punt in our future.... Running game is great if you have an o-line that can hold a block.
You mean the pass, run, sack, punt?
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

cowboyz wrote:
tomato tomahto
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The best part of this is they are not more talented on paper. They are more talented because of how they were developed and coached. IMO, the only positions NDSU has more talent is on the OLine and QB....I think we are very solid at RB and WR.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

JimmyDimes wrote: The best part of this is they are not more talented on paper. They are more talented because of how they were developed and coached. IMO, the only positions NDSU has more talent is on the OLine and QB....I think we are very solid at RB and WR.
Recruiting and talent evaluations are nothing more than a crap shoot at these levels. Kids get a star rating because some website thinks they need one. They figure is anyone is recruiting them at all, they should be worth a star or two.

You get up into the 3+ stars and things are a little different.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

JimmyDimes wrote:The best part of this is they are not more talented on paper. They are more talented because of how they were developed and coached. IMO, the only positions NDSU has more talent is on the OLine and QB....I think we are very solid at RB and WR.
Yeah, problem is without a good QB and O-Line, having good WRs and RBs is moot.

It's like having great tires on a car that doesn't run.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:The best part of this is they are not more talented on paper. They are more talented because of how they were developed and coached. IMO, the only positions NDSU has more talent is on the OLine and QB....I think we are very solid at RB and WR.

Good analogy, Harlow! :thumb:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Again I have to agree with you, very well put!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Completely understand...but there is still time for these groups to improve. And, I think both will be much better off come kickoff time. We don't need a Brett Smith...just someone to make good decisions and manage the game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'm a Cowboys fan through and through, I'll bleed Brown & Gold regardless who we play, who is playing for us and who is at the helm. Sure I'll miss Brett he did things at Wyoming that will probably never be topped. He set MWC Records that could be in tact for a long time to come.

Won't change anything for me, A winning product on the field against teams we play is all I want to see. If it can't be accomplished in the air then I hope it is accomplished on the ground. Right now I'm feeling like the next 2 years of Cowboy Football will be like it was when Glenn was here. I just hope an offense shows up sooner and not later.