Nico Brown leaves team

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy47
Buckaroo

We will see?
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy47 wrote:There are many reasons for leaving a team and not all are because you don't love and want to be on the team , IE; you’re an out of state invited walkon in your 2nd year and the coaches say you look good for a scholarship and then they all get fired. A new coach comes in and gives out all the available scholarships before he meets the team and in house talent. Now you’re expected to play another season out of pocket and risking injury without getting paid…Just Saying! :?
This is an excellent reason for leaving. If you can go to a school where a scholarship may be offered or available, or even if the school is less expensive, more convenient, etc., why not? It doesn't sound like a good idea to give away all available scholarships without evaluating what you already have, but the thinking could have been if the old staff didn't think they were deserving, we'll just save ourself some time and blow off the walk-ons. poop move, but I could see it happening. The real bastards are whoever told him that he "looked good for a scholarship". That is totally just stringing him along, so he doesn't leave and make them look like they can't hold onto players, or in case they find someone that they think is better at the last minute. If they wanted to offer him a scholarship they could have done it right there on the spot, the day they said "you look good". They may have had to delay until the next one became available in the spring, summer or fall, before making it effective. But they could have offered it and he would have known where he stood. It was a total dna riflehead move on the coaches that told him this. I hope this new staff doesn't act the same going forward.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Cowboy47 wrote:And a ton of receivers; we did lose 2 senior lineman but it's my understanding that they can’t give away their scholarships till next season.
Well, I know one receiver that doesn't have a scholarship. ;-)
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

It's got to be hard on a new coaching staff. They need as many scholarships as possible to turn over the team as soon as possible. It's not a dick move it they haven't given someone a scholly at a position that probably already has too many taken scholarships.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

When I talked to Jake Schniffer last fall he wasn't on scholarship but thought he might get offered one.. not sure how that turned out.
ImageImageImageImage
jarhead
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:It's got to be hard on a new coaching staff. They need as many scholarships as possible to turn over the team as soon as possible. It's not a dick move it they haven't given someone a scholly at a position that probably already has too many taken scholarships.
I agree I wasn't knocking him, we are fine with earning your way into a scholly. Tanner puts in the work and I am confident he will be rewarded when the time is right. Go Pokes!