Fill out the CSU new stadium survey,

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There's even a comment section at the bottom. :whistle:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/20 ... /11894333/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:There's even a comment section at the bottom. :whistle:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/20 ... /11894333/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!

The Coloradoan has been a booster for that stupid stadium. It's insane. The school is already closing in on 1 billion in debt. Why build something for close to 300 million that will be used about 6 times a year at best. Hughes is just fine.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This is pure comic genious. I know what I typed in the comments section. I can't imagine what other Wyoming fans are going to put down there.

I tried to make it look like I was a disgruntled CSU fan. The goal is to get my comment published in an article and annoy as many CSU fans as possible.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:This is pure comic genious. I know what I typed in the comments section. I can't imagine what other Wyoming fans are going to put down there.

I tried to make it look like I was a disgruntled CSU fan. The goal is to get my comment published in an article and annoy as many CSU fans as possible.
Cool.

Living in Fort Collins, I see this stadium as pure stupidity.

I say go for it. I doubt anything will knock sense into the administrators plans to build that waste of space.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Hayduke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:This is pure comic genious. I know what I typed in the comments section. I can't imagine what other Wyoming fans are going to put down there.

Cool.

I say go for it. I doubt anything will knock sense into the administrators plans to build that waste of space.
You're probably right, but at least we can have the satisfaction of annoying as many CSU fans as possible along the way.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Hayduke wrote:

Cool.

Since I have lived in Fort Collins off and on over the years I know the impact that stadium could have in that area outside of just for the CSU. They have the opportunity that UW hasn't had in years and that is to book other venues and help the stadium pay its own way.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out but it will absolutely crush UW from a Football recruiting aspect for anyone that is looking for what could be a great game experience that is what this type of stadium has the potential to offer.

I wish Laramie was bigger and could do this same type of thing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
Hayduke wrote:

Cool.

Since I have lived in Fort Collins off and on over the years I know the impact that stadium could have in that area outside of just for the CSU. They have the opportunity that UW hasn't had in years and that is to book other venues and help the stadium pay its own way.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out but it will absolutely crush UW from a Football recruiting aspect for anyone that is looking for what could be a great game experience that is what this type of stadium has the potential to offer.

A recent post on the MWC board by a sheep fan said that the new stadium would bring in an esitamted $72 million to Fort Collins, despite the cost of being about $200 million to build.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

72 million over how long and what is included with that? That has to be an estimate for only school functions and not everything else that a city that size could draw.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Hayduke wrote:

Cool.

A recent post on the MWC board by a sheep fan said that the new stadium would bring in an esitamted $72 million to Fort Collins, despite the cost of being about $200 million to build.
So much more they could do with that kind of money for CSU. They are already buried in debt. I also think these administrators are way underestimating the construction cost for that stadium, along with the other construction going on at CSU.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/ ... /11231881/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frank Zappa
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Personally, I hope that CSewe gets it done. Short of canning our current AD and cleaning house, the only way Wyoming is going to get motivated to move on something, is when our direct #1 rival out does us or one-ups us. We are so damn reactionary it makes me puke.

Footnote: Wyoming won't can the AD or clean house, as long as the good 'ol boy network continues to control how things roll - and unfortunately that includes Dick McGinity. Here is to hoping for a new on campus stadium at CSewe!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Put me in the group that hopes CSU is able to accomplish their on-campus stadium goals! I absolutely agree with McPeachy that Wyoming is reactionary and such a move would force our hand.

Personally, I think it is pathetic to submit negative comments in order to try and somehow contribute to derailing the project under a "guise" of a CSU fan or CSU alum.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Agreed. We are supposed to hate our rivals, but having a low-grade, unsuccessful rival defeats the purpose. I want us both to thrive, with us always coming out slightly ahead.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Personally, I hope that CSewe gets it done. Short of canning our current AD and cleaning house, the only way Wyoming is going to get motivated to move on something, is when our direct #1 rival out does us or one-ups us. We are so damn reactionary it makes me puke.

Footnote: Wyoming won't can the AD or clean house, as long as the good 'ol boy network continues to control how things roll - and unfortunately that includes Dick McGinity. Here is to hoping for a new on campus stadium at CSewe!
This I agree with and it would force our hand but I'm afraid twisting and breaking our arm wouldn't get a new stadium in Laramie. In fact i'd say nothing short of a natural disaster could make that happen.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:72 million over how long and what is included with that? That has to be an estimate for only school functions and not everything else that a city that size could draw.
I think it was total. Low sounding I know, but that's what he posted.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

They ran out of beer at halftime for our game 2 years ago they tailgate lot was a dusty mess. What a pud town only 1 fun bar
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times

lakesbison wrote:They ran out of beer at halftime for our game 2 years ago they tailgate lot was a dusty mess. What a pud town only 1 fun bar
STFU. Nobody cares about your goddamn school.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
lakesbison wrote:They ran out of beer at halftime for our game 2 years ago they tailgate lot was a dusty mess. What a pud town only 1 fun bar
A) I agree with BrewPoke; B) only 1 fun bar?? I hate to give CSU any props, but FoCo actually has a pretty fun bar scene. You must not have been looking too hard.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
A) I agree with BrewPoke; B) only 1 fun bar?? I hate to give CSU any props, but FoCo actually has a pretty fun bar scene. You must not have been looking too hard.
Living here in Fort Collins, I agree. A huge variety depending on your tastes. Like Surfside 7 in Old Town. I'm a sucker for a slice of NY cheese pizza and a tasty microbrew to wash it down.

You guys actually have me mellowed out a bit on the stadium issue. As a taxpayer, it does piss me off though...
Frank Zappa
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Gotta admit, this is a pretty sweet shot of Hughes Stadium, even though there's nothing around there.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Hayduke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Living here in Fort Collins, I agree. A huge variety depending on your tastes. Like Surfside 7 in Old Town. I'm a sucker for a slice of NY cheese pizza and a tasty microbrew to wash it down.

You guys actually have me mellowed out a bit on the stadium issue. As a taxpayer, it does piss me off though...
Pissed me off when I had to pay for the Donkies Stadium that Invesco could have footed the bill for when I don't even like them. So I know and understand the feeling, Just like my Tax Dollars went to the Cardinals new stadium as well.