August 30 versus Montana (Attendance)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

No worries Beav... We all know that your handle is a reference to a certain part of anatomy and what to do with it.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:No worries Beav... We all know that your handle is a reference to a certain part of anatomy and what to do with it.
;)

:lol:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:My car actually has a maroon Griz script decal on the back, as well as the state flag bucking horse.
Sweet Jesus.

You better be at the tailgate, your hip isn't going to break itself.
I'm sorry to be that guy but I find the pic to be offensive...I realize it isn't meant to be that way at all and is meant to be in good humor but I have a soft spot for special needs children and the meme isn't cool. :twocents:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Can't pick and choose bjc. Either it's all fair game or none. Who wants to live in a world where none is?
W-Y, Until I Die!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

All free to do as we wish.....just stating my opinion on making a joke out of a handicapped little girl is not my cup of tea. :twocents:
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

Glad to be here. I'm a long-time lurker going all the way back to the Slider days on the dial-up modem. I'm bringing the fam to the Montana game (wife is from Great Falls and will be wearing Grizzly stuff but she can wear her UW gear after the game gets outta hand :) - I feel like there is a lot of excitement building up and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 25,000+ for the opener. I haven't missed an opener in over 10 years and even with our question marks I'm as excited about this one as any of them.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

StarValleyPoke wrote:Glad to be here. I'm a long-time lurker going all the way back to the Slider days on the dial-up modem. I'm bringing the fam to the Montana game (wife is from Great Falls and will be wearing Grizzly stuff but she can wear her UW gear after the game gets outta hand :) - I feel like there is a lot of excitement building up and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 25,000+ for the opener. I haven't missed an opener in over 10 years and even with our question marks I'm as excited about this one as any of them.
Welcome to the board! Be sure to stop by the tailgate before the game and meet a few of us. This will be the 3rd year we've done it, and the past two have been a pretty good time :thumb:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Speaking of which, since it sounds like there will be quite a few new faces there, should we do nametags with our real names and usernames on them?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Speaking of which, since it sounds like there will be quite a few new faces there, should we do nametags with our real names and usernames on them?
We've talked about it in the past. Would probably be a good idea.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Montana has a much larger following in and around Wyoming than Weber State.
MICH GRIZ
Buckaroo

Let's do a home and away (yes I know it's not permitted) and I'd bet there would be 27+ K in Missoula. SRO
09Griz
Buckaroo

MICH GRIZ wrote:Let's do a home and away (yes I know it's not permitted) and I'd bet there would be 27+ K in Missoula. SRO
NO SMACK intended but I find it amazing Montana's average in ' 13 after a couple down years was 24,400 while Wyo's was 19,400

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_ ... e/2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

09Griz wrote:
MICH GRIZ wrote:Let's do a home and away (yes I know it's not permitted) and I'd bet there would be 27+ K in Missoula. SRO
NO SMACK intended but I find it amazing Montana's average in ' 13 after a couple down years was 24,400 while Wyo's was 19,400

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_ ... e/2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lol it's not amazing at all.

You guys are good.
You guys have passion.
You guys give a poop.

Why can't Montana and MSU move up to the MWC?

I've heard from some fans that both schools are happy with the way things are working out but that's about all I have heard.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Why can't Montana and MSU move up to the MWC?
You think MWC schools other than Wyoming would approve it?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Why can't Montana and MSU move up to the MWC?
You think MWC schools other than Wyoming would approve it?
I don't even see Wyoming approving.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

If the MW expands, Thompson is looking to Texas. No question about it. Houston and UTEP are #1 and #2 targets.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Why motivation does Houston have to join the MW when they're now in a Northeast market?
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

UTSA or TSU I could see if we did expand, maybe even UTEP. But Houston? Doubt they leave the C-USA 2.0 anytime soon.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Geographically, the best schools available to grab aren't very good athletically, it seems. You're probably looking at schools like Idaho and New Mexico State. UTEP makes sense, too.

Otherwise, you're probably looking at trying to get one of the old C-USA schools: Rice, SMU, Tulsa, etc. or start dipping into the Big Sky.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Bison Kirk Griz
Buckaroo

DocHolliday wrote:With all of the obvious excitement and enthusiasm surrounding the program right now -- how do you think this will impact the August 30 home/season opener against Montana?

Do you expect an uptick in attendance - or will the fact that it's not a conference opponent, and is a 1-AA school, do you think this will impact attendance from a negative standpoint?

Appreciate the response...

Go Pokes!
You should stay home and beat it like it owes you money! :jack: that 1-AA school might kick your teams ass. You think to much you, JACKWAGON :eek: