August 30 versus Montana (Attendance)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

With all of the obvious excitement and enthusiasm surrounding the program right now -- how do you think this will impact the August 30 home/season opener against Montana?

Do you expect an uptick in attendance - or will the fact that it's not a conference opponent, and is a 1-AA school, do you think this will impact attendance from a negative standpoint?

Appreciate the response...

Go Pokes!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

19k announced, less actually there
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

22K announced, and it will sort of look like it, but as is usual the total will be slightly exaggerated. Everyone does it.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

24,000 announced and close to that actual.

I think there will be a lot of curiosity about the new coaching staff that will draw folks out.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Montana will bring 2000-3000 fans.. easily. It's not uncommon for the Griz to pack a stadium more than the home team.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Can it just be august already? Seriously I have been watching CFL i'm so bored with no sports. Hell I've watched the Air Force game so many times I am starting to nit pick the announcers for making dumb comments rofl.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I'm always excited for the season to start, but I'm not so sure we will be making any noise this year. The Cal Poly game keeps coming to mind in our new style. Unproven QB dishing out dink and dunk passes, and not enough of a threat to keep the Defenses we face spread out. If that happens, like CP, teams will put 8 or 9 in the box and just focus on stopping our run game. Enough that teams that are the equivelant of CP can make it a game and teams that far surpass CP ( the majority of our schedule this year) will be shutting us down. I really hope I'm wrong, I just don't see us having the offensive prowess to handle most Defenses this year.
I'm really not trying to be a downer, but we're playing our toughest schedule in years in a transition season. A very scary thing to think about. In all actuality I can see 0 to 4 wins this year. I see this to the point that even Montana, New Mexico and Hawaii are scary games.
Do I think Bohl can get us to respectability? Yes, it it even took him and his staff a few years to transition to a winning program at NDSU.
I hope for a good year. And 6 wins would be amazing, but I'm not putting expectations on this season.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

We get 23 K
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Hopefully we'll get at least 30 from the Wyonation tailgate :thumb:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

WYO1016 wrote:Hopefully we'll get at least 30 from the Wyonation tailgate :thumb:
Is the tailgate scheduled for the 30th?

I am thinking seriously about donating my tickets for this game. I would love to open on the road on Labor Day again some year...or at least be on the road that weekend. Makes a perfect travel weekend.

Projected attendance - I am going somewhere between Brew & J-Rod, say...20,500 announced.
Last edited by McPeachy on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Hopefully we'll get at least 30 from the Wyonation tailgate :thumb:

I am think seriously about donating my tickets for this game. I would love to open on the road on Labor Day again some year...or at least be on the road that weekend. Makes a perfect travel weekend.

Projected attendance - I am going somewhere between Brew & J-Rod, say...20,500 announced.
Yep. Mr T. is a season ticket holder for Montana and a UW grad, so we figured this would be the perfect game to do it. The weather should be awesome that weekend, too.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I am think seriously about donating my tickets for this game. I would love to open on the road on Labor Day again some year...or at least be on the road that weekend. Makes a perfect travel weekend.

Yep. Mr T. is a season ticket holder for Montana and a UW grad, so we figured this would be the perfect game to do it. The weather should be awesome that weekend, too.
I hope he doesn't go all ghey and wear part Montana / part Wyoming attire to the game like some of those Nebraska / Wyoming and Texas / Wyoming assfaces did.

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I hope he doesn't go all ghey and wear part Montana / part Wyoming attire to the game like some of those Nebraska / Wyoming and Texas / Wyoming assfaces did.

There's a guy on the MWCboard that goes by the moniker "Wyobraska"...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:There's a guy on the MWCboard that goes by the moniker "Wyobraska"...
Judging a book by it's cover, which I always do, that is a lame assed user name.

Pick a side mofo. :willybs:
Dear Karma,

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:I'm always excited for the season to start, but I'm not so sure we will be making any noise this year. The Cal Poly game keeps coming to mind in our new style. Unproven QB dishing out dink and dunk passes, and not enough of a threat to keep the Defenses we face spread out. If that happens, like CP, teams will put 8 or 9 in the box and just focus on stopping our run game. Enough that teams that are the equivelant of CP can make it a game and teams that far surpass CP ( the majority of our schedule this year) will be shutting us down. I really hope I'm wrong, I just don't see us having the offensive prowess to handle most Defenses this year.
I'm really not trying to be a downer, but we're playing our toughest schedule in years in a transition season. A very scary thing to think about. In all actuality I can see 0 to 4 wins this year. I see this to the point that even Montana, New Mexico and Hawaii are scary games.
Do I think Bohl can get us to respectability? Yes, it it even took him and his staff a few years to transition to a winning program at NDSU.
I hope for a good year. And 6 wins would be amazing, but I'm not putting expectations on this season.
Who let you in here? Posting realistic expectations on this board is MY job.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I'll break your hip, I swear to god. I'll have brown and gold on, most definitely. That doesn't meant there won't also be maroon in my suitcase too. My car actually has a maroon Griz script decal on the back, as well as the state flag bucking horse.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:My car actually has a maroon Griz script decal on the back, as well as the state flag bucking horse.
Sweet Jesus.

Dear Karma,

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I don't know what the enthusiasm around the program was like in 2009, but attendance was listed at 18,016 for CDC's debut vs. Weber State.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:My car actually has a maroon Griz script decal on the back, as well as the state flag bucking horse.
Sweet Jesus.

You better be at the tailgate, your hip isn't going to break itself.
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:There's a guy on the MWCboard that goes by the moniker "Wyobraska"...
Judging a book by it's cover, which I always do, that is a lame assed user name.

Pick a side mofo. :willybs:
Yeah I hate when people rep 2 teams in their username!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.