Beer not coming to the War anytime soon

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 10232.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I think the University is being very short-sighted on this issue. As the article pointed out, beer sales don't necessarily mean added problems. It's all in the execution. Besides, UW is being a bit hypocritical in that if you have money and can afford to sit in the Wildcatter, you can have beer. If you're an average Joe, sorry. I think it's time that UW starting treating adults like adults and get over this paranoia over beer.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

One is OK.
Two at the most.
Three under the table.
Four under the host.

I say sell beer and drink it.

One of the songs I'm practicing is SIX PACK OF BEER.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Sounds like someone at the Star Tribune was reading WyoNation this week.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Sounds like someone at the Star Tribune was reading WyoNation this week.
Probably. Unlike GoWyoGo, Wyonation doesn't charge money to read the content.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think you can lurk for regular conversation on GoWyoGo....it's the recruiting content that you have to pay for.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vorel is the best thing to happen to Cowboy athletics media since Dave Walsh became the voice.

Vorel most likely got the topic idea from this website, but that is what is great is that he brings issues that we find important to a more diverse audience. It takes articles like this to get the ball rolling on positive change (bringing beer to the stadium).

As for the other message board site, well it cut off it's nose to spite it's face. There just is not interesting discussion to be found there.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

"We have not actively discussed with our campus administration serving beer in our venues."

What the hell does that loser do? He puts out a plan for athletic success loaded with TBD for payment and hasn't even explored new revenue stream options? For the love of God, someone in charge please get a competent AD in place. I'd take Western KY's man - he saw a problem of fans not coming into the game and leaving early (see also, Wyoming) and addressed it proactively. Be gone Burman!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Not only should we sell beer, we need to find some company willing to pay for naming rights to our stadium. Just in that article, they mention SMU plays in Ford Stadium and Minnesota plays at TFC Bank.

I also dislike the idea of selling beer in the wildcatter suites, but not in the stadium. Rich people can hold their liquor better?
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote:Not only should we sell beer, we need to find some company willing to pay for naming rights to our stadium. Just in that article, they mention SMU plays in Ford Stadium and Minnesota plays at TFC Bank.

I also dislike the idea of selling beer in the wildcatter suites, but not in the stadium. Rich people can hold their liquor better?
Agreed, but not until small-time-Tom is out. He'd probably find a way to pay a company to put their name on the stadium or give it gratis to the anti-meth group and/or WYOHP as a favor.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

phxpoke wrote:Not only should we sell beer, we need to find some company willing to pay for naming rights to our stadium. Just in that article, they mention SMU plays in Ford Stadium and Minnesota plays at TFC Bank.

SMU plays in Ford. It's named after a banker. See what the all knowing wikipedia says........

The stadium is named after Gerald J. Ford (who should not be confused with former U.S. President Gerald R. Ford), a billionaire banker who provided most of the funding for its construction

Gerald J. Ford is an SMU alum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_J._Ford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote:Vorel is the best thing to happen to Cowboy athletics media since Dave Walsh became the voice.

Vorel most likely got the topic idea from this website, but that is what is great is that he brings issues that we find important to a more diverse audience. It takes articles like this to get the ball rolling on positive change (bringing beer to the stadium).

As for the other message board site, well it cut off it's nose to spite it's face. There just is not interesting discussion to be found there.

Oredigger,

You put the shine on the rusty nickel that is the Star Trib. The best, by far is Mr. Vorel. We had the freakshow that was Ben Fredrickson. Strangely enough, both of these young reporters are from Missouri and the difference is night and day. Mike has it, Ben is somewhere in St. Louis I think. Didn't the tribune have a new Sports Editor. He wrote, I think one column, and then has vanished. In regards to the alcohol, and naming rights for the WAR- Burman, a local guy lacks the charisma, intelligence and entrepreneurial spirit to accomplish much more than TBD. To Be Determined, Tom Burman. McGinty the Board and Tom Burman....are not at all the right leadership for Wyoming in the near or long term and that is certainly a determined opinion of the majority of those voicing opinions on this board. So many options to grow this program and so short on answers to help the beleaguered lot that are the Wyoming Cowboys. In the meantime Mike Vorel is responsive and accountable to the fans, I'll have a beer and celebrate this gentleman's resourceful comments and dream of greater days at the U-dub.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The Virginian wrote:Besides, UW is being a bit hypocritical in that if you have money and can afford to sit in the Wildcatter, you can have beer. If you're an average Joe, sorry.
Its more than just that.

Wyoming is a dry campus, I believe. I'm not 100% sure how UW does it, but at my alma mater, which is also a dry campus, suite owners must pay a fee on top of the regular suite price in order to have alcohol in their suite.

You people act like Wyoming is way behind the times as one of the last schools to make the switch, when in reality, the number of schools selling alcohol is still in the minority.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming is a dry campus yet there is a bar in the student union.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I agree the administration is being hypocritical. Selling in suites and not to the average joe. I believe selling beer would cut down on the enibriated students who load up before the games. Also i see lots of folks bringing in hard liquor and sipping throughout the games. So what's the difference?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyoming is a dry campus, I believe. I'm not 100% sure how UW does it, but at my alma mater, which is also a dry campus, suite owners must pay a fee on top of the regular suite price in order to have alcohol in their suite.
The University of Wyoming is not a dry campus. We have a beer garden in the student union, Crane Hall dormitory allows alcohol, open containers are allowed on football game days, and all on campus university owned apartments allow alchohol. UW is one of a handful of universities that has a bar in the union.

That's why it makes no sense to not sell beer at sporting events. I can grab a beer before or after my class but I can't have a beer at a basketball game?
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

joshvanklomp wrote:
The Virginian wrote:Besides, UW is being a bit hypocritical in that if you have money and can afford to sit in the Wildcatter, you can have beer. If you're an average Joe, sorry.
Its more than just that.

You people act like Wyoming is way behind the times as one of the last schools to make the switch, when in reality, the number of schools selling alcohol is still in the minority.
It's not a dry campus. I've been feeling no pain in the Union more times than I can count. I used to bring 3 kegs to Department parties in the Geology Building. Where did you come up with that supposition?
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Its more than just that.

It's not a dry campus. I've been feeling no pain in the Union more times than I can count. I used to bring 3 kegs to Department parties in the Geology Building. Where did you come up with that supposition?
That WAS Dale's Pale Ale I was drinking in the basement of the Union, right?

:eek:
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

It was Dale's, but not Ale!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I'm surprised to see such resistance at WYO about this. I would definitely like to see revenue projections but even more than that is game day atmosphere. Could beer sales boost attendance?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.