Beer not coming to the War anytime soon

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

You guys. For the 100th time, it's up to the state, not Burman, or the admin, or CJC, or the SWA, or the f-word janitors. The state. UW is a state school. UW gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from the state. The state/Matt Mead/the legislature would and will make the final decision. The discussion has happened.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Having fans drink beer and drive back to Casper, Star Valley, Cody, Wheatland, f-word Burns, is JUST what they want. An extra $300k a year on beer is < than the lawsuit.

Think about it. Unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the positives in their eyes.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Agreed, but putting some pressure on Burman could help in getting him off his ass and talking to the state about changing things. Granted people should also be contacting their state representatives, but putting a bug in Burman's ear can't hurt.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Come on visor, there are no Wyoming fans in Star Valley. If there are one or two they certainly ain't partaking in any substances stronger than caffeine free diet coke.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

VisorHair wrote:Having fans drink beer and drive back to Casper, Star Valley, Cody, Wheatland, f-word Burns, is JUST what they want. An extra $300k a year on beer is < than the lawsuit.
:rofl:

Ya right, because Dram Shop has been testing in Wyoming twice (EVER), and basically laughed out of the court room on both occasions.

I am proud that Wyoming doesn't put up with any poop when it comes to stupid individual's choices (like drinking too much and then driving). I can't stand the whiney bitchy idiotic people that blame the bartender or bar for them getting drunk and behind the wheel.

But that is an entirely different topic.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/bevo-b ... -dkr-2014/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
VisorHair wrote:Having fans drink beer and drive back to Casper, Star Valley, Cody, Wheatland, f-word Burns, is JUST what they want. An extra $300k a year on beer is < than the lawsuit.
:rofl:

Ya right, because Dram Shop has been testing in Wyoming twice (EVER), and basically laughed out of the court room on both occasions.

I am proud that Wyoming doesn't put up with any poop when it comes to stupid individual's choices (like drinking too much and then driving). I can't stand the whiney bitchy idiotic people that blame the bartender or bar for them getting drunk and behind the wheel.

But that is an entirely different topic.
Please tell me you aren't serious about that? It's the bars job to cut people off when they are over the limit not keep serving them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Wyo2dal, I can't remember if that's ever been challenged. Seems like i heard something about it but can't remember who won. Seems like bars might have lost cases in certain instances. We going to breathalyze everyone before we serve them ? Ridiculous! Fast food places would have to stop serving obese people food for their own good.

Btw. People are getting plenty poop faced at the game without the state selling to them. If you read the article, the schools selling beer stop at half or 3rd quarter and usually have a 3 beer limit . I just want a f-word beer as I watch. Is that too much to ask?
W-Y, Until I Die!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:Wyo2dal, I can't remember if that's ever been challenged. Seems like i heard something about it but can't remember who won. Seems like bars might have lost cases in certain instances. We going to breathalyze everyone before we serve them ? Ridiculous! Fast food places would have to stop serving obese people food for their own good.

Btw. People are getting plenty poop faced at the game without the state selling to them. If you read the article, the schools selling beer stop at half or 3rd quarter and usually have a 3 beer limit . I just want a f-word beer as I watch. Is that too much to ask?
Nope it's not.

The real x-factor here is the allowance of beer sales in the suites - since apparently it's out of tom's hands, why is the state legislature OK with that? My guess would be because that's where they sit.

So be it - I'll just stay home, watch the stream of the game, and enjoy as many beers as I want on my own couch. Tom can enjoy his 10K fan turnouts.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Wyo2dal, I can't remember if that's ever been challenged. Seems like i heard something about it but can't remember who won. Seems like bars might have lost cases in certain instances. We going to breathalyze everyone before we serve them ? Ridiculous! Fast food places would have to stop serving obese people food for their own good.

That's just pure Hyperbole I can tell when someone can't stand without help from the bar and know that they don't need more no matter how much money they have or who they are and that is just being a responsible adult. Things like this is exactly what keep the UW from getting it. They are too worried that people will be beyond their limit and still be served and then cases will be brought against them.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

VisorHair wrote:You guys. For the 100th time, it's up to the state, not Burman, or the admin, or CJC, or the SWA, or the f-word janitors. The state. UW is a state school. UW gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from the state. The state/Matt Mead/the legislature would and will make the final decision. The discussion has happened.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Having fans drink beer and drive back to Casper, Star Valley, Cody, Wheatland, f-word Burns, is JUST what they want. An extra $300k a year on beer is < than the lawsuit.

Think about it. Unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the positives in their eyes.
According to Burman you are incorrect. Here is his response to me.

Steve

Agree with much if your thoughts. At UW any changes to alcohol policy will be driven by the Board of Trustees. I appreciate your input! 
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Wyo2dal wrote:

That's just pure Hyperbole I can tell when someone can't stand without help from the bar and know that they don't need more no matter how much money they have or who they are and that is just being a responsible adult. Things like this is exactly what keep the UW from getting it. They are too worried that people will be beyond their limit and still be served and then cases will be brought against them.
I agree with most of what you say but doesn't stop any other place of business from serving beer. Also, my friend said when he was a cop, he could not tell when alcoholics were more than twice over the limit. Only smelled it.

People in the wildcatters are no less likely to get poop faced and drive than anyone else. I guess they need an extra incentive to sell wildcatter seats. If Joe Schmo can get beer down in the stands maybe the incentive is gone to get wildcatter
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

HR_Poke wrote:
VisorHair wrote:You guys. For the 100th time, it's up to the state, not Burman, or the admin, or CJC, or the SWA, or the f-word janitors. The state. UW is a state school. UW gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from the state. The state/Matt Mead/the legislature would and will make the final decision. The discussion has happened.

Steve

Agree with much if your thoughts. At UW any changes to alcohol policy will be driven by the Board of Trustees. I appreciate your input! 
He's not incorrect at all. Changes will be driven by the Board of Trustees, meaning they can propose it. The final decision is made by the State of Wyoming.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:

Steve

He's not incorrect at all. Changes will be driven by the Board of Trustees, meaning they can propose it. The final decision is made by the State of Wyoming.
No the state doesn't decide if the university can sell alcohol at the games. Mead has input with the trustees but it's their decision not the legislature or the governors. Too many of you have a conflated opinion of what the Wyoming legislature actually does concerning the university.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Schools presidents decide the alcohol not trustees or legislators

Personal responsibility should be the key it's a free country
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

marcuswyo wrote:Come on visor, there are no Wyoming fans in Star Valley. If there are one or two they certainly ain't partaking in any substances stronger than caffeine free diet coke.
I will drink a caffeine free Diet Mt Dew to that.... :coffee:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Please tell me you aren't serious about that? It's the bars job to cut people off when they are over the limit not keep serving them.
I am absolutely 100% serious about that. And yes, you are correct, it is the bartender's / bar's "responsibility" to cut off (stop serving alcohol) to stupid people that are too immature, brainless, and uneducated to know when they have had "enough". But at that point Wyo2dal, when said person is needing to be cut off, they have already had way too much alcohol to drive in the first place.

As I mentioned that is another topic entirely.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

McPeachy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Please tell me you aren't serious about that? It's the bars job to cut people off when they are over the limit not keep serving them.
I am absolutely 100% serious about that. And yes, you are correct, it is the bartender's / bar's "responsibility" to cut off (stop serving alcohol) to stupid people that are too immature, brainless, and uneducated to know when they have had "enough". But at that point Wyo2dal, when said person is needing to be cut off, they have already had way too much alcohol to drive in the first place.

As I mentioned that is another topic entirely.
I was about to say this too. The point at which a bartender cuts a customer off is WAAAAY past the legal limit for driving. Hell, it'd mean they couldn't even serve whiskey, vodka or certain mixed drinks in many places if the legal limit was the point where they had to cut people off.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

What lawsuit? As I understand it, in Wyoming, alcohol vendors are specifically exempted from liability due to their patrons actions after drinking. I could be wrong.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Brew_Poke wrote:

What lawsuit? As I understand it, in Wyoming, alcohol vendors are specifically exempted from liability due to their patrons actions after drinking. I could be wrong.
A lawsuit in general, that's the fear behind the wheel, as I know it. 2 incidents are fueling the fear; XC team's passing (from drunk drivers) - as unrelated that may be, the riot at CU on national tv. Folks still remember that and lean on it. Is it enough? I don't think so. But it is what it is at this point. The more on-campus stadiums to move forward with this will only benefit Wyo, but they are still minimal, too small of a sample size.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wow, so far you're 0 for 2 on "facts" vis a vis the whole subject- the BOT has the final say (although I'd bet some pretty good money they base quite a few decisions off of advice from people like the AD and President), not the state/ Matt Mead/ the legislature; and then you missed the lack of dram shop laws in Wyoming.

"Maybe poker's just not your game..." :whistle:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory