55 days til kickoff. 55 reasons Wyo has a good season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wwcc22
Buckaroo

38. Our Defense will be better so our Offense will be on the field more to score more points so the Defense can rest.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

39. Now that I am going to be up at Oregon State, God will guide the Cowboys to an amazing season that I don't get to see any of
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

40. Our QBs.

This may seem like it doesn't make sense but follow me on this one.
Most teams that have QB controversies rarely end up having a good year.
But in our situation, teams don't know our style of play. We may have one QB start at the beginning of the season, then switch to another, then later on even a 3rd QB.

Now, if we had pro-style QBs it wouldn't matter. But we have a mix of all sorts of QBs.
From what I am hearing, Stratton is a scrambler and runs a lot. We all know that Kirkgaard isn't a scrambler.
If we go from Stratton to Kirkgaard to whoever else, our offense might be changing game by game. Obviously we won't be going from a spread to triple option or anything dramatic, but the QBs will differ enough to significantly change our style of play.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

41. The reintroduction of the TE position.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Last edited by djm19 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:40. Our QBs.

True. We will keep teams guessing on whether or not their defense should practice fumble recovery drills or INT return blocking.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ouch.... :eek:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

:orly:
djm19 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:40. Our QBs.

True. We will keep teams guessing on whether or not their defense should practice fumble recovery drills or INT return blocking.
:orly:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I kid.... I kid
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

38. We develop a special teams that is not special needs. We have been atrocious for a decade. No returns on kicks or punts. A sorely lacking ability of development, finally turns to respectable. A huge part of the program. Christensen was horrible in this area. Field position, we have got to win this marker to have a shot at winning close games. :willybs:
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

johnywyo wrote:38. We develop a special teams that is not special needs. We have been atrocious for a decade. No returns on kicks or punts. A sorely lacking ability of development, finally turns to respectable. A huge part of the program. Christensen was horrible in this area. Field position, we have got to win this marker to have a shot at winning close games. :willybs:
This is one of the keys - for sure.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Pretty sad when our Punt Return plan ended up having to be "Rush 8 guys softly as to not rough the kicker and have the other three just stay out of the way so we didnt muff the punt and give the opposing team the ball inside the 20."
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

johnywyo wrote:38. We develop a special teams that is not special needs. We have been atrocious for a decade. No returns on kicks or punts. A sorely lacking ability of development, finally turns to respectable. A huge part of the program. Christensen was horrible in this area. Field position, we have got to win this marker to have a shot at winning close games. :willybs:
I just saw some of our punt "coverage" from the Utah State game last year in one of their players' highlight tapes. Absolutely horrendous. I hope that's a big point of emphasis this offseason.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Nuff said
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Rufran is more of a posession/reliable reciever than a punt returner anyway. The rest, yeah.