Austin Fort will start against Montana

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

A couple kids on the team told me that Fort is a leader and has crazy work ethic and is moving up the charts. One kid said he is the only QB that has impressed him since he has been here.
They think it is going to be Fort starting.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That is both awesome and terrifying to hear. Awesome that Fort is going all Brett Smith and bucking everyone's predicted starting QBs, terrifying that none of the other guys are impressing.

I say bring it. This team is rebuilding as it is...might as well groom the next QB. I hate the conservative play the guy with the most "experience" approach.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Good thing we only need one good QB. Barring injuries of course
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BeaverPoke wrote:A couple kids on the team told me that Fort is a leader and has crazy work ethic and is moving up the charts. One kid said he is the only QB that has impressed him since he has been here.
Interesting. Summer workouts - hmmm. Hope this is accurate actually.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Isn't Fort a Wyoming kid? Would be pretty cool if this was actually true and he has a solid freshman season.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Sounds good to me. Give him a chance. Who knows, he may be the next Bramlett.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Sounds good to me. Give him a chance. Who knows, he may be the next Bramlett.
Casey, right?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Sounds good to me. Give him a chance. Who knows, he may be the next Bramlett.
Casey, right?
Yeah, though with fewer INTs, preferably. Much fewer. :lol:

:(
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Casey, right?
Yeah, though with fewer INTs, preferably. Much fewer. :lol:

:(
As long as Fort doesn't turn the ball over seven times in a single game, at least he's not Corey.
:cry:

Also, I don't mind INTs on third down if you're going DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and your receivers know how to wrap-up tackle... if you're about even on TD vs INT and most of your INTs are essentially punts that have a chance to result in a TD for our team, it's cool. :P
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Let's just hope that if it is him that he puts up more wins than Casey and Corey combined.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:A couple kids on the team told me that Fort is a leader and has crazy work ethic and is moving up the charts. One kid said he is the only QB that has impressed him since he has been here.
Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice. I realize that the only coaches that are here is the strength coaches but he has yet to be an intregal part of summer practice. The one I was the hardest on however is coming around. I must say Mr Young I am impressed with your summer gains.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Slow Hand wrote: Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice. I realize that the only coaches that are here is the strength coaches but he has yet to be an intregal part of summer practice. The one I was the hardest on however is coming around. I must say Mr Young I am impressed with your summer gains.
Wow, you have been extremely critical of Aaron Young from day 1 so I wil take that as a good sign.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Slow Hand wrote:Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice.
This COULD mean that they've seen enough of him and he's the one. So now let the others fight it out for backup.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Slow Hand wrote:
Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice. I realize that the only coaches that are here is the strength coaches but he has yet to be an intregal part of summer practice. The one I was the hardest on however is coming around. I must say Mr Young I am impressed with your summer gains.
How do you know what his summer gains are? I'm not being an ass...I'm truly curious how you know what snaps the guys are taking?
mwc fan
Cowpoke

So are these so called practices being held without coaches being present? If so it would be extremely hard to gauge exactly who's making gains and who's not.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Bohl/Vigen will start the QB that turns the ball over the LEAST. Conservatism > Athleticism is their mantra
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

mwc fan wrote:So are these so called practices being held without coaches being present? If so it would be extremely hard to gauge exactly who's making gains and who's not.
Not uncommon for players to hold 7 on 7s during the summer without the coaches.. they do all the time up here.. takes some good senior leadership for these to happen.
ImageImageImageImage
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote: Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice. I realize that the only coaches that are here is the strength coaches but he has yet to be an intregal part of summer practice. The one I was the hardest on however is coming around. I must say Mr Young I am impressed with your summer gains.
Wow, you have been extremely critical of Aaron Young from day 1 so I wil take that as a good sign.
Yeah I will be the first to say that I was very critical of him. However he is consistent and seems to be making gains and building a mutual respect with the players. They are starting to trust him a little. At least in my opnion.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
How do you know what his summer gains are? I'm not being an ass...I'm truly curious how you know what snaps the guys are taking?[/quote

I have my ways? ;-)
Larawie
Ranch Hand

From which orifice do you pull these prognostications? The kid was a fine HS player but completed only 50% of his passes. WY is a GREAT state but the football competition at the HS level is so-so. Bein' the BEST at the 4A level does not say a whole lot compared to most other states, especially ones with much higher populations, which happen to be most of the others. He likes to run, not unlike #1 who also will not start. Tell ya what, if #16 starts and lives up to the meteoric rise you predict, I'll buy ya a new double-wide. ;)