Austin Fort will start against Montana

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jcueva6
Buckaroo

Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:A couple kids on the team told me that Fort is a leader and has crazy work ethic and is moving up the charts. One kid said he is the only QB that has impressed him since he has been here.
They think it is going to be Fort starting.
Interesting Beav since he takes very few snaps in practice. I realize that the only coaches that are here is the strength coaches but he has yet to be an intregal part of summer practice. The one I was the hardest on however is coming around. I must say Mr Young I am impressed with your summer gains.

wow slowhand, thats amazing. you coming around. i tried to tell you, patients is a virtue. let the kid settle in, he's shaky at first but he grows on you. ;)
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

jcueva6 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:A couple kids on the team told me that Fort is a leader and has crazy work ethic and is moving up the charts. One kid said he is the only QB that has impressed him since he has been here.
you know hes probably not going to be a qb? heard lots of him switching positions.

Can we just chalk this one up to "Don't shoot the messenger"?

Again, I am just relaying what I was told.
I said the same thing to them about him not playing QB last season in Gillette.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyoforever
Buckaroo

jcueva6 wrote:
you know hes probably not going to be a qb? heard lots of him switching positions.

Its pretty messed up when Aaron Young's family (admitted on a previous post) is spreading false rumors about Fort.

Fort did play QB at Gillette last year. Perhaps there was confusion because he missed a few games due to injury.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I for one enjoy BP's tidbits from players.....it's the off-season, what else are we going to talk about?

Everything we talk about is essentially speculation and conjecture. 95% of this board was convinced Adam Pittser was going to be a Wyoming legend, only to get thoroughly out-played by Brett Smith back in 2011. Even Craig Bohl doesn't know who will start vs. Montana. Nothing wrong with speculating...only 3 more weeks until fall camp!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

jcueva6 wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Young, you don't have to talk yourself up on here. Do it on the field.

If you're not Young, you must be a relative or a very close friend of his.
lmao i'm the relative and i didnt even try to post this.. watch it tho.. 30 tds 9int 3500 yards still top ten, i think top 5 in california that year :) keep doubting. great find tho wyodawg, love how much research you guys do. love the town, perfect fit!

Go Pokes!!
This is from the February Topic entitled "Aaron Young's High School Film". There was a new topic entitled "Aaron Young's High School Film" started in July and changed to "Film" by the poster "Newpoke".

I agree it is wrong having Aaron Young's family posting unsubstantiated rumors re: other QBs. I really believe that Aaron Young's family should let Aaron do his talking on the field. He left spring ball way down on the depth chart and obviously needs to improve a lot. I hope he blows it up in the fall, but all these posts about him are probably not doing him any favors.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I've spoken to the parents of players from various teams...everyone has the right to post on this public forum as long as they follow the rules, but from the parents I've spoken with...I've been told it is best for family to avoid message boards such as this one. It will only bring frustration from something you can't control. Lose-lose situation is a given.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

J-Rod wrote:I've spoken to the parents of players from various teams...everyone has the right to post on this public forum as long as they follow the rules, but from the parents I've spoken with...I've been told it is best for family to avoid message boards such as this one. It will only bring frustration from something you can't control. Lose-lose situation is a given.
Internet fan interaction is a nightmare. I remember when the Avalanche had a few players (Dan Hinote, JM Liles, Ian Laperriere) posting and reading semi-anonymously on the official forums. They learned quickly that it was a pretty bad idea. Nothing like reading that you're the worst player ever for a mistake you made 8 games ago, or seeing your name in 10 different trade suggestions.

At least on Twitter people only have 140 characters to go off on you.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Take it as you want but I am not going out on my own accord making the statement. I am just relaying what they said; they think Fort will start.
Who is "they" Beav? Your "They" and my "They" have different opinions for sure.
I kinda don't want to say. I would rather not name names. I've named names in the past and it got the coaches attention on here then passed on to the player.
Yeah that is probably best. I just haven't heard any of what you are saying here. I am not doubting that someone told you, but just not sure who would think such a thing. He really has hardly taken any snaps this summer. Perhaps that will change in fall camp. As far as Mr Young goes......I am still not sold n his ability to be an effective QB at the D1 level but I will have to eat some of what I said about him. He has shown promise this summer.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I've spoken to the parents of players from various teams...everyone has the right to post on this public forum as long as they follow the rules, but from the parents I've spoken with...I've been told it is best for family to avoid message boards such as this one. It will only bring frustration from something you can't control. Lose-lose situation is a given.
Internet fan interaction is a nightmare. I remember when the Avalanche had a few players (Dan Hinote, JM Liles, Ian Laperriere) posting and reading semi-anonymously on the official forums. They learned quickly that it was a pretty bad idea. Nothing like reading that you're the worst player ever for a mistake you made 8 games ago, or seeing your name in 10 different trade suggestions.

At least on Twitter people only have 140 characters to go off on you.
I don't think those are one and the same. I think message boards would be a great way for professional athletes to interact with fans. As a professional athlete you are paid to perform your job and must learn to adopt thick skin anyways. Most people will appreciate the athlete for taking the time out of their day.
jcueva6
Buckaroo

wyoforever wrote:
jcueva6 wrote:

Its pretty messed up when Aaron Young's family (admitted on a previous post) is spreading false rumors about Fort.

Fort did play QB at Gillette last year. Perhaps there was confusion because he missed a few games due to injury.
since you like to stalk, read my other previous post were i state, Captain Kirk is my prediction to start based of experience. family or not im not bias. second its rumors alot of people have already begin to say around wyo about fort. coming out of wyoming as a QB doesnt say much about your talent, sorry its nothing compared to Cali, Florida or texas. he's just not a QB to me personally didnt say anything bad. so its pretty bad you wanna start "false rumors". im intitle to my own opinion i dont think fort is a QB.
jcueva6
Buckaroo

BeaverPoke wrote:
jcueva6 wrote:

im not trying to, just stating thats somethings ive heard. if he doesnt make progress at qb, kid is an athlete they might switch him.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

jcueva6 wrote:
wyoforever wrote:
jcueva6 wrote:

since you like to stalk, read my other previous post were i state, Captain Kirk is my prediction to start based of experience. family or not im not bias. second its rumors alot of people have already begin to say around wyo about fort. coming out of wyoming as a QB doesnt say much about your talent, sorry its nothing compared to Cali, Florida or texas. he's just not a QB to me personally didnt say anything bad. so its pretty bad you wanna start "false rumors". im intitle to my own opinion i dont think fort is a QB.
I think his family moved to Gillette Wyoming from Florida. Does that elevate his talent in your opinion. I'd like to add, the state of Wyoming is one the top states when it comes to putting players in the NFL per capita. There are not a lot of people in the state, but Wyoming has shown it can produce talented football players.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Playing Juco ball and facebooking your way onto a less than average D1 team in a declining MWC does not say much about your talent level either.

If you want to go low blows on Fort for coming out of Wyoming then you better be able to take it too.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyoforever
Buckaroo

jcueva6 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
jcueva6 wrote:

im not trying to, just stating thats somethings ive heard. if he doesnt make progress at qb, kid is an athlete they might switch him.

Whether you believe Fort is good or not is your opinion. But as a family member of Aaron Young you should stay away from spreading unsubstantiated rumors about another QB. Can you elaborate on these rumors? What are your sources? Please don't make stuff up because you are insecure about Young's talent or ability to succeed at UWYO.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Unless someone absolutely kills it this season, Coffman will be the starter in 15 anyway...
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Unless someone absolutely kills it this season, Coffman will be the starter in 15 anyway...
+1
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

jcueva6 wrote:
:eek: I'm usually not the grammar and spelling police...but, come on man! I only highlighted some of the glaring word problems. Hopefully ASA College better prepares its students.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

You should be able to see from the game highlights of Austin Fort that he isn't much of a passer and more of a runner. He is an athlete who needs a ton of work as a quarterback. I can't disagree with jcueva6 from what I've seen, but as a family member of a player on the team, it's not a good idea to be saying things like that on a forum like this. It's not going to do any good for Aaron and will only hurt him and team chemistry if it gets back to the players. Fort was recruited as a quarterback, and until his position is officially changed or a beat writer mentions it, you're just spreading rumors.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:Unless someone absolutely kills it this season, Coffman will be the starter in 15 anyway...
+1

+2