Coach Bohl on TV

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Larawie
Ranch Hand

I saw where the coach will be interviewed durin' the 3rd inning of today's Rockies/Twins game on Root Sports. Game time is, I believe, 2:10. After that, he will be on one of the local radio stations for more Q&A. Not sure which station, though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

KOWB does a lot of Wyoming sports stuff, so maybe them?
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

KOA 850 in the 4th inning
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Douglaspoke wrote:KOA 850 in the 4th inning
Thank you.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Sweet, thanks! Always have the Rockies games on in the background, but usually not paying much attention to it.

Edit: As a random sidenote, why on earth would you advertise that you have Crazy-eyes Bachmann coming to your conservative conference? Or why would you even invite her in the first place? A few years ago, I probably would've gone to this, but thanks to people like Bachmann, I don't feel very conservative these days.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Watched and listened to both. Impressive. Mentioned, in effect, that the team needs to identify with the people of WY. Tough! Cowboys, coal miners and oil workers. Also need to recruit WY, CO and NE much better. Four players from Germany on the team but only six from WY. Works for me.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Larawie wrote:Watched and listened to both. Impressive. Mentioned, in effect, that the team needs to identify with the people of WY. Tough! Cowboys, coal miners and oil workers. Also need to recruit WY, CO and NE much better. Four players from Germany on the team but only six from WY. Works for me.
Yeah, what he said wasn't any different than anything that has been said before over the last 6 months.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Larawie wrote:Watched and listened to both. Impressive. Mentioned, in effect, that the team needs to identify with the people of WY. Tough! Cowboys, coal miners and oil workers. Also need to recruit WY, CO and NE much better. Four players from Germany on the team but only six from WY. Works for me.
Yeah, what he said wasn't any different than anything that has been said before over the last 6 months.
To a degree you are correct. Personally, however, I tend to see things a lot more positively than you and am lookin' forward to the season-new ideas, new faces, new climate and a new respectability.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
exactly.....time for on field results! :coffee:
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Really what else does he have to say at this point? He can't talk about recruits. He can't talk about what he is seeing in practice, as there hasn't been any since Spring ball. He can and did talk about conditioning, which is ongoing.

I think it is great. Frankly, we hear him say the same stuff over and over because we are Poke junkies. For the average fan, that may have been the first time they heard him. Plus, this is a campaign for hearts and minds. Given how soft we have been the past several years, there is a lot of politicking that has to go on to bring people back to the program - starting with a very clear nod to the fact that we forgot who we were, where we were from and who we represent and that is going to change.

For my part, I listened to Sirius on my way back from Yellowstone and about puked the whole way. One dude was broadcasting from Alabama leading into the SEC circle jerk...wow. What a bunch of arrogant, worthless discussion. You wouldn't think football was played outside of the South. A passing mention of UCLA and Oregon...but the rest was SEC drivel, including the host salivating like a groupie over spotting a glance at Saban's head as he walked through the hotel lobby...he felt blessed to see only his head as Saban is so short that it is hard to grab a full glimpse of the entirety of his holiness.
hithere
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote:Really what else does he have to say at this point? He can't talk about recruits. He can't talk about what he is seeing in practice, as there hasn't been any since Spring ball. He can and did talk about conditioning, which is ongoing.

I think it is great. Frankly, we hear him say the same stuff over and over because we are Poke junkies. For the average fan, that may have been the first time they heard him. Plus, this is a campaign for hearts and minds. Given how soft we have been the past several years, there is a lot of politicking that has to go on to bring people back to the program - starting with a very clear nod to the fact that we forgot who we were, where we were from and who we represent and that is going to change.
Agreed. I want to see as much good exposure as possible for one of the hardest working men in the state of Wyoming. He's hustling to get UW out there as more than a team that used to get pantsed in 2nd halves and had a coach that threw temper tantrums.

Although 2014 is going to be brutal.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I'm not as big into the "we need more players from Wyoming" mentality as others. I don't care if they are from Mars as long as they help us win football games.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:I'm not as big into the "we need more players from Wyoming" mentality as others. I don't care if they are from Mars as long as they help us win football games.

:thumb:
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

LawPoke wrote:Really what else does he have to say at this point? He can't talk about recruits. He can't talk about what he is seeing in practice, as there hasn't been any since Spring ball. He can and did talk about conditioning, which is ongoing.

For my part, I listened to Sirius on my way back from Yellowstone and about puked the whole way. One dude was broadcasting from Alabama leading into the SEC circle jerk...wow. What a bunch of arrogant, worthless discussion. You wouldn't think football was played outside of the South. A passing mention of UCLA and Oregon...but the rest was SEC drivel, including the host salivating like a groupie over spotting a glance at Saban's head as he walked through the hotel lobby...he felt blessed to see only his head as Saban is so short that it is hard to grab a full glimpse of the entirety of his holiness.
Good stuff Counselor,

Some people on here do know what's important, and that is not drivel.
Bohl has a plan, he's working it, and that says a lot more than these Sirius Prognosticators ever could.
I will be hosting a get together at my home in Michigan for the State game. I'm hoping for a serious showing by our Pokes, and many of my corporate partners are waxing an *ss kicking by the Sparty on our program.

The last time I saw a big ten opponent was the Eddie Robinson Kickoff classic down the "Shoe" and at halftime the Pokes were in it. We had a serious showing down there, and I'm putting my boots on for this show too.

Love what Bohl is doing, not worried at all about the QB slot whatsoever. This is a Team building plan, and that is a lot more than a rag-tag offensive show. Thanks for your insight.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:I'm not as big into the "we need more players from Wyoming" mentality as others. I don't care if they are from Mars as long as they help us win football games.
I don't believe the "more players from Wyoming" mentality is as much about recruitin', signin' and showcasin' the state's HS players as it is keepin' the BEST ones close to home and fillin' the stands ($$) cuz we want to hear and see familiar names and faces. Human nature and common sense on the staff's part, imo.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Larawie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
To a degree you are correct. Personally, however, I tend to see things a lot more positively than you and am lookin' forward to the season-new ideas, new faces, new climate and a new respectability.
Haha, I know you are new to Wyonation but there are not many -if any- people who see it more positively than me. Much less, "a lot more positively" than me. I have been branded the eternal optimist, for years now.

At the end of nearly every season people pull up old threads of me predicting NCAA Tourney bids and BCS Bowl games just to laugh at it.

I don't think you see it much more positive than I do.

But I am looking forward to the season just as much as anyone, and Bohl had a great PR interview, but it wasn't ground breaking by any means. We have heard it all before that Rockies game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
Larawie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Haha, I know you are new to Wyonation but there are not many -if any- people who see it more positively than me. Much less, "a lot more positively" than me. I have been branded the eternal optimist, for years now.

At the end of nearly every season people pull up old threads of me predicting NCAA Tourney bids and BCS Bowl games just to laugh at it.

I don't think you see it much more positive than I do.

But I am looking forward to the season just as much as anyone, and Bohl had a great PR interview, but it wasn't ground breaking by any means. We have heard it all before that Rockies game.
Obviously I'm new, but I've also been around awhile. The majority of your posts indicate, imo, that you're more of a DC fan and less of a CB fan.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Larawie wrote: Obviously I'm new, but I've also been around awhile. The majority of your posts indicate, imo, that you're more of a DC fan and less of a CB fan.
Well, I'm not.
I am just not overly thrilled with our football program. I don't think that Bohl is going to be the savior that so many people think.

I thought Glenn was, then I thought DC was. Now I'm older and see why so many Pokes fans are apathetic to the Cowboys. I like Bohl, and when I met him he was very nice, and I think he has a great plan, and so far has said and done the right things. I am just extremely cautious about getting my hopes up for the Pokes now. It has nothing to do with DC or CB. It's about Wyo in general.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

So the new feud is with Beave and Larawie?

:coffee:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

It's the off-season. Only a month and a half until the season starts.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.