NFL.com Ranking all 128 D1 schools QB situations

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Keeton is almost the only reason USU is expected to win 10 games or so. They get Fackrell/Vigil brothers back, but they have overall the fewest returning starters in the country and one of the fewest amount of lettermen too. Yet, USU is still projected to be really good. That's how good Keeton is,
Last edited by J-Rod on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

J-Rod wrote:Keeton is almost the only reason USU is expected to win 10 games or so. They get Fackrell/Zigil brothers back, but they return overall the fewest returning starters in the country and one of the fewest amount of lettermen too. Yet, USU is still projected to be really good. That's how good Keeton is,
Agreed. I believe that if Keeton were healthy last year, USU would have gone undefeated in the MWC with that defense!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Agreed. I believe that if Keeton were healthy last year, USU would have gone undefeated in the MWC with that defense!
And without him this year, they're a 7-8 win team (USU plays 13 games).

Here's hoping his brand new O-Line doesn't fail him. His mobility will be tested right away.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Keeton is a top 10 QB.

Keeton > Fajardo.

Our QB situation is 120th for good reason.
Just to stir the pot, Since that is what we do when there are no sports to watch.

In your opinion, Would we be rated top 10 if Brett was returning?
Eh.. maybe. Keeton would have been the top QB in the MW this year, going into the season. Brett's better than Fajardo and Grayson. Fajardo is a good QB, but too many WTF games.. maybe it's the talent around him. I don't get the love for Grayson, I really don't... I haven't looked at the MW QBs too closely yet, mostly because I'm apathetic towards the UW QB situation, plus compared to last year there's no comparison in talent. Funny to think about, Nick Sherry at UNLV might be a top 5 QB in the MW. UW probably would have been around 15th, I bet.. though, I can imagine a scenario where people are like, "Well, UW finished 5-7 last year, they really can't be that good" and ranked us 50th or something stupid.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Has Hedrick even had any meaningful playing time?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Has Hedrick even had any meaningful playing time?
Quickly busting out my Phil Steele magazine....

Of the QBs that qualify via enough snaps, he has the 2nd highest completion percentage of any QB returning in 2014.

His stat line...

1825 passing yards, 69.0% completion percentage, 16 TDs, 5 INTs
277 rushing yards, 6 TDs

Not horrible for a QB that only started 6 games. He should be even better this year with an off-season to work with as the starter. Better than Southwick IMO.