NFL.com Ranking all 128 D1 schools QB situations

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Guess where Wyoming ranks in the list of 128?

120th. Thanks Brett and Jason.
Would probably be a Top 25 if you two stayed.
But 120...really?

Even AFA and Idaho are ranked ahead of us.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nos-101128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

It's because we don't have any proven QBs. We have one who played 1 whole game and lost, and the other only played garbage time.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I guess the good news is that we are not 128th?????
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I like Keeton from USU, but a top 10 QB? I aint drinking that KoolAid.

And I am vomiting in my mouth at the thought of Garrett Grayson from CSU being a Top 20 QB.

:willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:I like Keeton from USU, but a top 10 QB? I aint drinking that KoolAid.

And I am vomiting in my mouth at the thought of Garrett Grayson from CSU being a Top 20 QB.

:willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:
pre-messed up knee Keeton was a Top 10 QB. I need to see post-messed up knee Keeton for further judging. That is a hard injury to come back from, especially for a QB who is primarily special because of his mobility. And USU has a brand new inexperienced O-Line at that....bad combo.

Grayson was good last season, but like USU, loses almost the entire O-Line and his Top 3 RBs. I hate to bring up a bad memory, but I think it's a good example...2013 CSU reminds me a little of 2011 Wyoming. Everyone gets excited about the usually unsuccessful MW team that has a surprisingly good season, and instantly becomes everyone's trendy pick the following off-season. Little do people know, that surprise team happened to be loaded with veteran talent. Much like Wyoming failed to follow up on its 2011 season with an equally as good season, I think CSU may disappoint a little this fall. Grayson will have to shoulder the load now.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Grayson isn't a top 20 QB.

I am buying Fajardo this year. I think he will be good. Keeton isn't a top 10 Qb in the nation. I will give him a top 20.

I think it is complete bull#### that we came in at 120. We deserved AT LEAST 118.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote:Grayson isn't a top 20 QB.

I am buying Fajardo this year. I think he will be good. Keeton isn't a top 10 Qb in the nation. I will give him a top 20.

I think it is complete bull#### that we came in at 120. We deserved AT LEAST 118.
Fajardo? I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's about as sturdy as 100 year old glassware. Top 50 would be my pick for him.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I honesty can't believe there's teams worse off at QB than us. Everyone we have is either unproven or new to the position or an incoming QB. I mean, I can't get that CP game out of my head, but Kirk had a decent spring, so let's see how he has progressed. If Stratton has dropped from 2 to 4, he's got some major issues going on. Thornton just reminds me of a backup player right now. And at this point who really knows about the incoming QBs.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Look on the bright side.

Nowhere to go but up.

Okay, we could go down about 8 notches, but I'm a glass if half full kind of guy.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

If healthy, Keeton is definitely a top 10 QB!!

I am surprised that we arent dead last in the MWC...I'd probably rank Hawaii's current QB situation over ours. By midseason, I think we move up quite a bit once we figure out who the guy to the lead the team is.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Remember it's not ranking each starting QB but it is ranking the QB situations meaning who they have as backup as well.

The reason USU is so high is because Keaton as the starter but the fact that their backup took them to the MWC title game as a freshman last season.

It's about who is #1 AND #2 on your chart.

If we had Brett Smith AND Thompson we would be very high I believe.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Remember it's not ranking each starting QB but it is ranking the QB situations meaning who they have as backup as well.

The reason USU is so high is because Keaton as the starter but the fact that their backup took them to the MWC title game as a freshman last season.

What has Thompson shown? Pretty much every single team in the major conferences have somebody far more impressive than that as their backup.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Remember it's not ranking each starting QB but it is ranking the QB situations meaning who they have as backup as well.

What has Thompson shown? Pretty much every single team in the major conferences have somebody far more impressive than that as their backup.
Lol what? Do you not realize he is now a backup at one of those major conferences?
Thompson showed every day in practice that he had a bigger arm than Brett Smith, was faster than Brett Smith, and all around bigger than Brett Smith.
It was generally known that Thompson was going to be the man after Brett left and generally known he had all the "stuff". Now you act like he didn't have jack ? Yet he is on a Pac12 roster now.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

Lol what? Do you not realize he is now a backup at one of those major conferences?
Thompson showed every day in practice that he had a bigger arm than Brett Smith, was faster than Brett Smith, and all around bigger than Brett Smith.
It was generally known that Thompson was going to be the man after Brett left and generally known he had all the "stuff". Now you act like he didn't have jack ? Yet he is on a Pac12 roster now.

Bigger, faster and better than Brett? Why the hell wasn't he starting? And why couldn't he beat AFA with those pretty average numbers of his?

I thought he was good and had potential, but let's not get carried away. And now he's on a PAC 12 school... He's a backup and he's only there by following his old coach.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

1. He had no control over his arm. On short passes, he often overthrew the ball. This continued up to the day he transferred.
2. He bailed shortly after DC was fired to follow him to Utah.
3. Utah has had a string of pretty bad QBs the last few years. Being a backup there doesn't mean a whole lot.
4. Size doesn't mean crap at QB (beyond being too short, that is). Look at the 6'8 QB on the Denver roster. At ASU, he really didn't do very well.
5. Thompson may have been the best of the group after Brett, but his lack of on field awareness, zero touch while throwing the ball, and generally over throwing the ball honestly had me a bit concerned.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

Bigger, faster and better than Brett? Why the hell wasn't he starting?
Who said anything about him being better?

Don't put words in my mouth. :roll:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

He's still proven absolutely nothing, unlike many of the other backups at major schools. Looking good in practice doesn't get you all that far. Hell, there's a good chance he won't even be Utah's best Thompson at QB this upcoming season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:He's still proven absolutely nothing, unlike many of the other backups at major schools. Looking good in practice doesn't get you all that far. Hell, there's a good chance he won't even be Utah's best Thompson at QB this upcoming season.
In fairness to Thompson, he has no ability to establish himself as the best QB at Utah this season...he must sit out this year (and burn a year of eligibility)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Keeton is a top 10 QB.

Keeton > Fajardo.

Our QB situation is 120th for good reason.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:Keeton is a top 10 QB.

Keeton > Fajardo.

Our QB situation is 120th for good reason.
Just to stir the pot, Since that is what we do when there are no sports to watch.

In your opinion, Would we be rated top 10 if Brett was returning?