Film

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Newpoke
Buckaroo

Out
Last edited by Newpoke on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

Another poster with their first post dedicated to Aaron Young. Interesting.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Hate to diss on a POKE, but not much zip on the ball.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Newpoke
Buckaroo

out
Last edited by Newpoke on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

You would think and hope so. He facebooked himself into a scholarship and a backup position in a weak QB corps. I hope all Pokes players develop and become great players...but this kid wouldn't have gotten a look if he wasn't pushing himself on coaches on FB....and apparently creating message board handles and pushing himself on fans.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:You would think and hope so. He facebooked himself into a scholarship and a backup position in a weak QB corps. I hope all Pokes players develop and become great players...but this kid wouldn't have gotten a look if he wasn't pushing himself on coaches on FB....and apparently creating message board handles and pushing himself on fans.
There is a lot to be said about self promotion, Until we see him on the field we can't really judge how good or bad he is from a couple videos. He did what he needed to get coach attention. Can't fault him for wanting and going and getting, Now I just hope his drive in the game and in practice is as enticing for us.
Newpoke
Buckaroo

out
Last edited by Newpoke on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Newpoke wrote: Doesn't say much for the current coaching staff to have missed that bad. I'm sure they did some homework other than Facebook wouldn't you think?

I'm sure hoping the staff isn't that lame to pick up some player off the Facebook wire. That would be beyond desperate, it would stupid and they should be fired right now for ineptness.

Sure you're not missing something in your eval? You sound a little mad at the kid, what's the deal?
Seriously, give it a rest. The creation of new message board handles to discuss and promote the 4th string QB has gotten old. It's no secret that you are somehow affiliated with Aaron Young (if not him). We all hope he pans out, but nothing to this point has suggested he is the guy to lead the Cowboys. Good luck to him.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Newpoke wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:You would think and hope so. He facebooked himself into a scholarship and a backup position in a weak QB corps. I hope all Pokes players develop and become great players...but this kid wouldn't have gotten a look if he wasn't pushing himself on coaches on FB....and apparently creating message board handles and pushing himself on fans.
Doesn't say much for the current coaching staff to have missed that bad. I'm sure they did some homework other than Facebook wouldn't you think?

I'm sure hoping the staff isn't that lame to pick up some player off the Facebook wire. That would be beyond desperate, it would stupid and they should be fired right now for ineptness.

Sure you're not missing something in your eval? You sound a little mad at the kid, what's the deal?
I have nothing against the kid...because he is just that. A kid. And he's a Cowboy. What is funny/irritating at the same time is the influx of new fans/Young himself/friends of Young coming on here talking him up like he's Joe Montana and we just haven't noticed it yet.

I wish the kid all the luck in the world and hope he pans out...but he has yet to show his team mates and his coached that he deserves the starting nod. Heck, he barely beat out a guy (if he even did) that has spent most of the last 4-5 years playing WR, kick holder, and occasionally scout team QB. Again I want to see him succeed, but most of the people out there still haven't seen it yet.

As for the coaches, Young Facebooked the coaches the moment Smith and Thompson were out the door and there was a very sudden and drastic hole in one of the most important positions on the team. There is something to be said about being able to sell yourself, and that's exactly what this young man did. He saw a hole and presented the highlight reels at the right moment to get picked up by a panicking coaching staff, who had no clue who was on the team but knew two of four had left and didn't have time to search for their QB.
Newpoke
Buckaroo

out
Last edited by Newpoke on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Newpoke wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Newpoke wrote: Doesn't say much for the current coaching staff to have missed that bad. I'm sure they did some homework other than Facebook wouldn't you think?

Seriously, give it a rest. The creation of new message board handles to discuss and promote the 4th string QB has gotten old. It's no secret that you are somehow affiliated with Aaron Young (if not him). We all hope he pans out, but nothing to this point has suggested he is the guy to lead the Cowboys. Good luck to him.
No seriously, you're an idiot. I hope most of the people on this board aren't like you. Gee whiz. No wonder it looks likes only about five guys get on here and comment. I'm new but I'm out for good. Sorry I even got on here. My big mistake. Have at it.
Don't let it get to you, All Wyoming fans are welcome here. People don't hold back or pull punches they tell it how they feel it is right or wrong. It only takes a few months to know exactly who you should or shouldn't quote.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Newpoke wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

No seriously, you're an idiot. I hope most of the people on this board aren't like you. Gee whiz. No wonder it looks likes only about five guys get on here and comment. I'm new but I'm out for good. Sorry I even got on here. My big mistake. Have at it.
Whoa, that escalated quickly.

If you want the truth, most people agree that he sold himself to the staff (can't blame him there). But then several posters have made their first post about how good Aaron Young is, and you fall into that category. So if you really are unconnected to Mr. Young, then sorry, and apparently you are seeing something no one else on this board is. But if you are connected to him, just stop with the selling of Young who is already on the team and has a schollie.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Newpoke wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

Geez, don't get your panties in a wad. We are Wyo fans, we say what we feel. Welcome to the board, all views are welcome, just don't get butthurt if someone rips or contradicts you; because no one here is immune to that occurring.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wow BeaverPoke was right, this did escalate fast! Lol.....anyways I wish the kid ( Young ) all the best as a wyoming Qb. We need someone to take charge and step up as the clear favorite at Qb. If it's Young, that's great..but he needs time in the weight room and in the film room. He has a good arm, otherwise he wouldn't be here. I just think Colby is the guy right now and probably Coffman next year. Hoping Young finds his game and proves everyone that he is a FBS starter.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Newpoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Hate to diss on a POKE, but not much zip on the ball.
Doesn't seem bad for a high schooler, especially 3 years ago. I'm sure he's better now.
I hope the kid turns out to be Tom Brady, but I think his footwork is not great, his release is a little slow, he doesn't have good zip, and his mobility looks really questionable at best. I'm guessing that is why he didn't get any offers out high school and pretty much only Wyoming had him on the radar after he contacted them.

I'm not bagging the kid and hope he is highly successful. However, if you don't want an answer to your question, don't ask the question.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Geez, don't get your panties in a wad. We are Wyo fans, we say what we feel. Welcome to the board, all views are welcome, just don't get butthurt if someone rips or contradicts you; because no one here is immune to that occurring.
Thanks, absolutely agree!