Looking back...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

...at some stats from last season.

These are real numbers from Brett Smith vs. Hawaii.

29/48 498 passing yards 7 TDs 0 INTs
19 carries 142 rushing yards 1 TD

Still boggles the mind. For you fantasy football junkies, that stat line would be worth 68 points by himself in normal scoring formats.

He may have made a bad decision declaring early, but Brett will surely be missed. He would have shattered the record books at UW had he stayed.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:...at some stats from last season.

Still boggles the mind. For you fantasy football junkies, that stat line would be worth 68 points by himself in normal scoring formats.

He may have made a bad decision declaring early, but Brett will surely be missed. He would have shattered the record books at UW had he stayed.
He already shattered most records here by that point. But yeah, I do wished he would have stayed his senior year. Him learning the pro-style offense. Our offense having a proven and capable QB to rely upon. Alas! I wish him the best of luck in future endeavors.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:

He already shattered most records here by that point. But yeah, I do wished he would have stayed his senior year. Him learning the pro-style offense. Our offense having a proven and capable QB to rely upon. Alas! I wish him the best of luck in future endeavors.
I just hope he has future endeavors. I did not think for a chance I would be looking at a Smith-less NFL. I'm still quite surprised about it, He was cut so early from TB he really deserves a chance and I don't feel like 3 days was a chance.

I hope he has some option come his way I still think he could be a great asset for a team and hope one day we all get to see it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

I just hope he has future endeavors. I did not think for a chance I would be looking at a Smith-less NFL. I'm still quite surprised about it, He was cut so early from TB he really deserves a chance and I don't feel like 3 days was a chance.

I hope he has some option come his way I still think he could be a great asset for a team and hope one day we all get to see it.
Yep. He's a hard worker that always gives it his all. Maybe he could go CFL and go from there?
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Playing in a pro style offense his senior year may have been what he needed to shine in the pro's.

One article said he was having trouble operating the offense for the pro team that gave him a shot and it may have been because of not being familiar with it after operating the spread. His decision to leave was a bad move for he and the Pokes.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

It will be hard for any QB at Wyoming to ever beat that performance unless the rules of football change. Isn't the 640 total yards the MWC record?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Yep. Also the most total yards by a QB in 1 game the whole season.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Didn't there qb actually have more passing yards? :cry:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

BJC wrote:Didn't there qb actually have more passing yards? :cry:
I believe it was a yard. We kept him under 500 although!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ouch!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

That he did it is awesome!

That he HAD to do it to win that game is sad.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hayduke wrote: That he did it is awesome!

No kidding. Without Smith/Herron, UW might have gotten whipped at home by a winless team.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Hayduke wrote: That he did it is awesome!

No kidding. Without Smith/Herron, UW might have gotten whipped at home by a winless team.
I used this very same argument about the Cal Poly game, but nobody bought into it. Remember just because your star studded players in key positions are missing doesn't give you a reason to have a bad game...