Just over a month away from college football.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

What Wyo games are you extra excited for this season?

For me: The Border War. I feel like Bohl will embrace the Border War. He will do what he can to get us the Boot.
Then the AFA game. Then the Oregon game.

What non-Wyo games are you looking forward to? (If you don't watch any college football besides Wyoming, don't get all grumpy like you did last year when I asked this question).

Boise State opens up at Ole Miss on Thursday the 28th on ESPN. There goes Boise scheduling SEC teams who is willing to play them. Don't blame Boise if Ole Miss is only a 6-6 team at the end of the season.

Then Saturday of opening week:
THE REMATCH! Appy State @ Michigan!!! Go Appy State!

Ohio State @ Navy. Think Navy can take them down??

Georgia vs. Clemson

Florida State @ Okie State in Dallas

Wisconsin @ LSU

Then Sunday Utah State plays @ Tennessee. Tennessee is trying to take a big step forward in the SEC and USU is looking to have a big season with Keatons senior year. Could be a great game.

Then week 2: This is a big one...Michigan State @ Oregon. I think Michigan State will work Oregon. Then the next week we go up there and try and throw the same power type game that Michigan State has at them. Unfortunately, Michigan State is waaaaay ahead of us in that game.

There's many more games throughout the season that will be great ones, but the first week is always special.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo games? Oh, Montana, as it will give us our first look at how the team is doing under Bohl.

Non-Wyo games? MSU vs Oregon. It'll be the unstoppable force vs the immovable object. Plus, it'll be two teams that we played against.

Otherwise, more or less "meh" on non-Wyoming games.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I'll probably come up for the Montana game, FAU and San Jose St.

Then, the Border War! I can't wait.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Lots of good Week 1 games of course....outside of Wyo-Montana

NDSU-Iowa State - Can the Bison continue the magic post-Bohl?
Boise-Ole Miss - Rebels ranked in the Top 15 in preseason mags. Broncos +10.5 underdogs...largest spread in 7+ years.
Ohio State-Navy - Unique opening weekend game.
Fresno-USC - Time to see if DeRuyter has a legit program, or if he was all Carr.
Utah State-Tennessee - Aggies get a ton of preseason respect despite large graduation turnover. Time to see if they're legit and if Keeton's still Keeton.
Wisconsin-LSU - Best matchup on paper.

As for the rest of the season....Michigan State-Oregon will be huge. Applaud both teams for their willingness to bulk up their OOC. USC-UCLA will be relevant for once. Bama-Auburn as usual. Baylor-Oklahoma is the Big XII game of the year. Lots and lots of good football.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Montana game will be fun just seeing what all the hype, new coaching and new quarterback look like in the new era of cowboy football.

It's been a long time since we have had substantial, quality, optimism in both football and basketball programs in the same year and I hope the fans start coming out in droves.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I'm going to say I'm most looking forward to the Oregon game. Oregon is a team that has had their struggles against power football teams. Not saying we are at their level at all, I'm just excited to see how coach Bohl will prepare for a highly touted team such as Oregon. If our offense can move the ball successfully against Oregon and Michigan state we should be in good shape for conference play. Also excited to see how our Defense can do against top ranked teams.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

castlerocker wrote:Montana game will be fun just seeing what all the hype, new coaching and new quarterback look like in the new era of cowboy football.

It's been a long time since we have had substantial, quality, optimism in both football and basketball programs in the same year and I hope the fans start coming out in droves.
I'm with you here! I don't know if it is optimism on the football side or just excitement of the expectations of seeing a well coached team as opposed to being disappointed and embarrassed at the glaring poor play that has been easily recognized as poor or no coaching and/or conditioning. At any rate, it won't take long to see if we are on the right track. On the basketball side, I am very optimistic for this season and our future.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'll be excited for every game unless we get blown out by 30+ a few times and that will just kill the excitement and I'll move on to Basketball countdown.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:I'll be excited for every game unless we get blown out by 30+ a few times and that will just kill the excitement and I'll move on to Basketball countdown.
LMAO. This is WyoNation summed up in one sentence. We can all go home now.

Hope things are different this year.