Brett Smith to Toronto

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Good luck to Brett and glad he found a landing spot!

It was pretty clear with camp a few days away that he was not going to get an NFL shot. I hope he tears it up in Canada and becomes the next Warren Moon! (or even Doug Flutie)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:Good luck to Brett and glad he found a landing spot!

It was pretty clear with camp a few days away that he was not going to get an NFL shot. I hope he tears it up in Canada and becomes the next Warren Moon! (or even Doug Flutie)
He's listed on the practice squad for now. I'm far from a CFL expert, but I think Brett has the talent to start for this team eventually. Maybe not this year, they've already got this season going. But this is a good start....better than wasting away on NFL practice rosters for 2-3 years, then attempting to play in the CFL. He's got a head start on the stubborn players.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:

He's listed on the practice squad for now. I'm far from a CFL expert, but I think Brett has the talent to start for this team eventually. Maybe not this year, they've already got this season going. But this is a good start....better than wasting away on NFL practice rosters for 2-3 years, then attempting to play in the CFL. He's got a head start on the stubborn players.
Oh, he wasn't stubborn? My mistake.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Larawie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

Stubborn, As in people that waste 2-3 years on a practice squad and never make the team and then eventually end up in the AFL or CFL.
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

Here's the Casper Trib link: http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 7f7b4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would have loved it if Brett was leading this team this year under Bohl but he gave us some fantastic memories so I"ll just cheer for Toronto and hope he gets a shot at the NFL later on. At the very least I hope he tears it up ala Anthony Calvillo of Utah State. He just retired as the all-time leading passer
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Found some nice channels on xbmc for CFL games here is to hoping I get to watch him play.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wish him nothing but the best there!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

CFL practice squad players make 500-600 a week . Living the dream I guess.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cuttslam wrote:CFL practice squad players make 500-600 a week . Living the dream I guess.
Better than nothing.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:CFL practice squad players make 500-600 a week . Living the dream I guess.
Better than nothing.
Yes, one step above nothing. You are correct.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Argos started 1-3...

hmmmm... Wonder if they are looking to shake things up in Toronto?
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:
Larawie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

Stubborn, As in people that waste 2-3 years on a practice squad and never make the team and then eventually end up in the AFL or CFL.
And my point was that he spent a lot of time sittin' and waitin' as if he was expectin' a call but the call never came. Just semantics, I guess.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wouldn't call 2 months a lot of time, Would say it probably took 2 months to get a try out and sign as a free agent.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Of all the pictures...the pink Steamboat? LMAO!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cowboyz
Cowpoke

I hope he sticks and gets a chance on the field. He's got four guys ahead of him, an older QB, a nutter, and two small school QB. If he sees the field, who knows. Also hope Korey Jones sticks with Green Bay. If he does, we're closing in on an entire pro defensive team that played under DC, yet we couldn't stop anyone.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

This is how I really feel:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...