Wyokie! Get ready to leap for joy! (Helmet thread)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

VOLS...unless you count the small amount of brown Image

wasn't all that meaningful but a nice win
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

BJC wrote:VOLS...unless you count the small amount of brown Image

wasn't all that meaningful but a nice win
That NB makes me gag

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
BJC
A Real Cowboy

agree with you on that!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I'm 29 and I love the new helmet. I always thought taking the stripe away made the helmet look a little too plain. When viewed from the front or rear it looks almost like an all-white practice helmet. I have no problem with the team using different color combos, but never again please brown jersey, white pants, and mostly white helmet, brown jersey, gold pants at home, and on the road either all white, or white with brown pants.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BJC wrote:Heard the players loved the camo! I just didn't like how we wore them all the time it seemed. But that brown helmet with the leather look to it..............too damn nice to not see it at least once! :twocents:
As a cowboy fan and a Vet, I loved the camo. I loved the names being replaced with virtues. I absolutely hate the idea of being dragged back into the stone age of our program because Bohl is a purist. CDC's failure as a coach had absolutely nothing to do with the deal with Nike just as any success Bohl has will have nothing to do with going to one helmet, one home uni and one away uni.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BJC wrote:Heard the players loved the camo! I just didn't like how we wore them all the time it seemed. But that brown helmet with the leather look to it..............too damn nice to not see it at least once! :twocents:
As a cowboy fan and a Vet, I loved the camo. I loved the names being replaced with virtues. I absolutely hate the idea of being dragged back into the stone age of our program because Bohl is a purist. CDC's failure as a coach had absolutely nothing to do with the deal with Nike just as any success Bohl has will have nothing to do with going to one helmet, one home uni and one away uni.
agreed! I find it crazy that we would be upset over a Nike deal!

*thank you for your service
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Yes thank God the NB days over we can allll agree it's a good thing we moved on from that!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

As a Vet, and a father of one of the players I too liked the Camo Unis. I have my son's at the frame shop as we speak! The virtues instead of the names were a nice tribute to our armed forces.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

jarhead wrote:As a Vet, and a father of one of the players I too liked the Camo Unis. I have my son's at the frame shop as we speak! The virtues instead of the names were a nice tribute to our armed forces.
That's so awesome! I missed out on scooping one when they sold them off
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I liked New Balance. Better than being a nobody with Nike.
I'm good for 3!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

30 here. Return to old style is great.

On the Bohl vs. DC style of uniforms, I don't think Bohl is going after the kind of kids that would pick a program based on a Nike contract, varied unis and a special camo day unit. That's a flash, extras and essentially distractions. Focus on the field, conditioning, establishing consistency and changing the culture. We might think it doesn't matter, let the kids have 20 combos, sell more jerseys, but it does. The culture needs to be consistent top to bottom to be effective and if that means tossing out the fluff (and an extra uni is absolutely fluff) then so be it.
52-56
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

jessejames02 wrote:30 here. Return to old style is great.

On the Bohl vs. DC style of uniforms, I don't think Bohl is going after the kind of kids that would pick a program based on a Nike contract, varied unis and a special camo day unit. That's a flash, extras and essentially distractions. Focus on the field, conditioning, establishing consistency and changing the culture. We might think it doesn't matter, let the kids have 20 combos, sell more jerseys, but it does. The culture needs to be consistent top to bottom to be effective and if that means tossing out the fluff (and an extra uni is absolutely fluff) then so be it.
+1
I'm good for 3!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote:I personally like Brown shirts and Gold pants - Home and White-White- Away.
+1

In the Roach/Tiller era we also used white jerseys and brown pants on the road, which I liked with the white helmets. It was an optical illusion, but I always thought we just looked bigger like that. (Think about how some women wear dark clothing for its "slimming" effect.)
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:White on white away is like an omen to stay away from for UW, Have they ever won a meaningful game in all white? Don't think so.
We do not have enough meaningful road wins in recent memory to think any combination that includes a white jersey is anything but a bad omen.

I liked the Tennessee win in Joe Glenn's final year and we have made a couple nice runs against Nebraska in Lincoln that came up short. The last seriously meaningful true road wins that I remember were the 1996 win at CSU and a win at SDSU in the early 1990s that got us into the Copper Bowl.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WyoExpat wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:I personally like Brown shirts and Gold pants - Home and White-White- Away.
+1

In the Roach/Tiller era we also used white jerseys and brown pants on the road, which I liked with the white helmets.
I agree with you. For some reason, I always thought the team -- especially the defense -- were more physical in the brown pants. Was disappointed when they stopped using that combo as a variation in road unis. I liked that look, too.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

You nailed it!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

That is just your opinion and I certainly don't agree with it. Focus on the field & conditioning has nothing to do with uniforms. Calling a uniform a problem because a coach can't seem to coach properly is just making excuses.

If you honestly think this team this year or the team last year would have been more likely to win more games wearing old 80's uniforms instead of wearing a different uniform each week that is completely mind boggling. Bringing back old uniforms isn't going to make the team win and uniform combinations do not keep coaches from coaching or players from playing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
That is just your opinion and I certainly don't agree with it. Focus on the field & conditioning has nothing to do with uniforms. Calling a uniform a problem because a coach can't seem to coach properly is just making excuses.

If you honestly think this team this year or the team last year would have been more likely to win more games wearing old 80's uniforms instead of wearing a different uniform each week that is completely mind boggling. Bringing back old uniforms isn't going to make the team win and uniform combinations do not keep coaches from coaching or players from playing.
Absolutely agree!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

but it will keep us fans debating! hahaha

maybe Maddog still has some of those Roos cleats for them boys to wear! Image
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote:I liked New Balance. Better than being a nobody with Nike.

Bye. :rofl:

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl